BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to prep hair before bleach and color

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to prep hair before bleach and color
    Posted: May 03 2014 at 8:02pm
Looking to dye my natural almost black color hair to a dark auburn.

I'm going to use bleach, developer (which # should I use?), and a dark auburn hair dye from Sally's. 

I plan to bleach and color in 8-9 days. Until then, what can I do to prep my hair? I am moisturizing but I can feel my hair is a little brittle (the nape and near the ears). I do not shampoo as it leaves my hair very dry so I use conditioner (organix) instead. Also, what can I do immediately after bleaching & coloring my hair to ensure it does not become too damaged

I am just bleaching & coloring the leave out (from ear to ear) and some hair behind/above the ears, and a little bit of the back (enough to pull weave into a high ponytail)

________

Sponsored Links

josiebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josiebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:07pm
Only tip I know of is to add a few drops of argan oil to the bleach mixture.
williamjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 2:24am
I like dark Brown ...

http://www.proofreadexpert.com

Edited by williamjoe - May 14 2014 at 2:26am
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

Looking to dye my natural almost black color hair to a dark auburn.

I'm going to use bleach, developer (which # should I use?), and a dark auburn hair dye from Sally's. 

I plan to bleach and color in 8-9 days. Until then, what can I do to prep my hair? I am moisturizing but I can feel my hair is a little brittle (the nape and near the ears). I do not shampoo as it leaves my hair very dry so I use conditioner (organix) instead. Also, what can I do immediately after bleaching & coloring my hair to ensure it does not become too damaged

I am just bleaching & coloring the leave out (from ear to ear) and some hair behind/above the ears, and a little bit of the back (enough to pull weave into a high ponytail)

________

You need to do a protein  treatment about a 5-7 days before bleaching, and immediately after bleaching. Since you are going dark auburn, bleaching isn't really necessary; just use a level 5 auburn shade with 30 volume developer. Just make sure you do a protein treatment before coloring, and then deep condition afterward to get an even color.    
janeleonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeleonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:11am
Its great that you use color dyes but make sure you are up to with the right products. Sometimes overexposure to chemicals may harm the hair and leave it damaged.
Gaby123456 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaby123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 9:07pm
yep,care about the hair damage
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic