Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to perfectly install a lace closure

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
CCdaHAIRvixxen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCdaHAIRvixxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to perfectly install a lace closure
    Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 11:16pm

hey guys,,,, im currently lookin into and thinkn about buyn a lace closure...with that being said i have no problems.. with who to get it from.. but what to do with it and how to make it look as natural as possible thats the thing . Anyways ...ive been searchin on here and everything .. cant  find anything.. imean i have a dibble and dabble of info but i need more.. soo can u guys tell me what your way is of installong the closure well.. things such as :

• what type of glue
  • glue it or sew it ?
  • behind the hairline or over it ?
  • how to resemble natural scalp color to the closure's
  • what density to get ?.. what density is recommended
  • does length matter ?
  • other tips and advice on how to make it look natural

if im missin anything leme knoo !!!!       ;)

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCdaHAIRvixxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 11:19pm
lol..ohh i forgot...

bleaching of knots ?
sealing if necessary
avoiding or lessning tha appearance of a line of demarcation
smiles051 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiles051 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2011 at 9:04pm
bump...... would love to hear the responses! i just ordered one two and need the same advice 
sweeit7034 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweeit7034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 10:50pm
Being that I already messed up a silk closure Confused and I just ordered a lace closure, I need any advice I can get....bumping this!
gloryx7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloryx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 11:12pm
Silklaceclosure has a youtube video on installing.  
neolady22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neolady22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by CCdaHAIRvixxen CCdaHAIRvixxen wrote:

hey guys,,,, im currently lookin into and thinkn about buyn a lace closure...with that being said i have no problems.. with who to get it from.. but what to do with it and how to make it look as natural as possible thats the thing . Anyways ...ive been searchin on here and everything .. cant  find anything.. imean i have a dibble and dabble of info but i need more.. soo can u guys tell me what your way is of installong the closure well.. things such as :

• what type of glue Dont use glue
  • glue it or sew it ? I personally Sew it down I sew down all sides
  • behind the hairline or over it ? Just a smidge behind the hairline- ALMOST on top of it
  • how to resemble natural scalp color to the closure's It depends on the material-- you can use cut up knee hi-to give you the right color- place under the closure so its between your closure and your hair
  • what density to get ?.. what density is recommended 80% through out
  • does length matter ? no not in my opinoin- close to the top shortest length- or even a couple inches shorter-- you pay for length so why cut it
  • other tips and advice on how to make it look natural

if im missin anything leme knoo !!!!       ;)

MsTiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsTiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 11:33pm
Neolady thanks for your answers.  I have brought and messed up one closure already and have another here that I haven't attempted to install because I didn't want to mess it up too.
neolady22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neolady22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 1:02am
No problem as for the bleaching of the knots- you can do a faux bleach method that the ladies in Lace Fronts do it- you would have to ask them directly, and they also do something with makeup if Im not mistaken they use make up in the part to make it look more natural for them but check upstairs in Lace Fronts to get the information.
Sealing you should seal, with the same sealer for wefts- once again check the lace fronts to see what they use to see their wig-as a closure is just the top part of a lace front wig
to cut down on the line of demarcation- you would want to install a smidge behind the hair line- I mean like almost on the hair line, but not completely there- literaly just behind the hair line

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCdaHAIRvixxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 1:13am
thanksss
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply