BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2020 at 1:24pm
Masks

Well I decided that For me....I prefer the masks that have the strap behind the head and NOT BEHIND THE EARS.

IF I am going to the store for a quick run then the behind the ears is okay but for a long day at work or several appointments it was falling off my ears.

I found a site that makes good quality masks behind the head.

Www Los Angeles apparel com

I received my order in about 4 days. It is a set of three for 30.00 which may seem higher than some of the cheap ones but it is a thick layer so I don't think you will need to later with a paper towel inside the mask.

Update

You can wear the mask horizontally or vertically. So if you want to wear them behind your ears you can.

I wear it horizontally so on me

Top strap is about one inch above ear
lower strap is BACK of neck

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 18 2020 at 6:32pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2020 at 1:28pm
Also if you can't find Clorox wipes I found them online

As of today

R a a k u p    dot.   Com

They are not with a elevated price either

Clorox wipes 75 count for 2.99
Limit is 5

I did three separate orders.

They also have plastic gloves and medical masks.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 18 2020 at 6:34pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2020 at 4:54pm
Hello Ladies

Well I am still working hard to wash my hands! I am also staying home and not going out. At first I was wondering outside every Friday but I have STOP doing that!!!

Things are not going GOOD here and the newspaper reported that 75% of the deaths are people of color.
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 1:09pm
Hi Sunshine and others.
It's been a long time since I signed in but I still read this section of the forum every few months. Sunshine I want to thank you for the info on tweaking wigs, wig grips, scarves, etc. I only wear synthetic lace front wigs now and it was very helpful in me learning how to tweak them to look more natural, removing shine, removing 1-2 tracks to decrease volume, etc.  I do have to say I learned the hard way not to remove tracks from my synthetic kinky curl wigs---when the wind would blow the wig would part where I removed the track. Smile I remove the volume on these other ways now. I also appreciated the youtube videos you referenced to help with the dos/don'ts.

Thanks also on the other "common sense" advice you elected to share. Not everyone received this training from family growing up. Some of us knew it but forgot. Thanks again.

I'm not so much into buying of the designer clothing and house stuff.  But I enjoy looking. So I thank you for that too. I'm trying to reduce my debt and I encourage others to do the same. Buy houses if you can.

To everyone reading this--God bless you and yours. Stay safe. Use PPE and follow the social distancing guidelines consistently.

And Sunshine...Keep it coming! It's bad enough we have to look at bad lace fronts on the street. Now we see bad lace fronts on TV. If you don't believe me look at a Hallmark movie released in the last few years.

Edited by Lacy Gal - May 03 2020 at 1:11pm
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 1:26pm
I put this in another section but I'm pasting it here since Sunshine encouraged us to share:

I still wear lace fronts but only synthetic kinky curl. They require much tweaking because they usually have too much hair. Also, I limit the length to keep the kinks minimal.  They usually last 3-4 months because I regularly snip off hairs that are tangling or trying to frizz up. It's very important what you put on them because they like a LITTLE moisture every 1-2 weeks. Very important that you DON'T comb/pick or brush the hair. Instead you want to gently separate the length of the ringlets with your fingers. Some youtube videos were very helpful on trimming the tangling hairs to make wig last longer. Of course, I don't sleep in them. I applied liquid foundation makeup to the underside of the lace front (like we use to do back in the day with Sally Hansen) on the lace parts and on all lace edges, which have slightly kinky, thin short baby hairs. I wear Milano brown wig grip (the cap that has velvet around the ENTIRE perimeter) under the wig. Sometimes I have to dab a little powder concealer in to fill grids. I usually put at least 1 long (2 inch) straight pin (that has back pearl on the end) at the top and it goes through the wig, wig grip cap, AND through the braid underneath it. Do not part the wig to put this pin in. Got the pins from Joanns and they're called corsage pins. Package includes back and white but I only use the black ones. 

And as Ashleysmom used to say--always look at your edges (including the back) in an enlarging mirror (I think mine is 5x) in NATURAL SUNLIGHT before you leave the house. Find a place in your house you can use for this purpose. Mine is in front of a specific window

The above includes tips learned from Sunshine, others, and myself. Thanks Sexi. RIP.

Edited by Lacy Gal - May 03 2020 at 2:38pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 1:42pm
Wow

Ms LACY GAL

thanks so much for your message!

Sometimes I often feel alone like no one is reading this page but I encourage myself and say...well I hope at least one person is getting good information!

Thank you for encouraging me to continue!

Edited by sunshine321511 - May 08 2020 at 1:43pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Also if you can't find Clorox wipes I found them online

As of today

R a a k u p    dot.   Com

They are not with a elevated price either

Clorox wipes 75 count for 2.99
Limit is 5

I did three separate orders.

They also have plastic gloves and medical masks.

Just as an update

This company ships from overseas

I didn't know that when I shared this information.

I kept my order number and sent them an email
They responded and told me my orders are shipped

If you order reach out to them
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 2:23pm
New vendor

Face mask with matching turban

I found this vendor today and ordered Two. I think this will be nice for work or if you have an appointment.

Site -   ETSY

VENDOR ON ETSY

Love l e j a designs

All one word

Cost 25.00 for set
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 2:27pm
Also I have ordered several sets of masks for husband.

Please understand

Your job is not obligated to provide you with SEVERAL MASKS

I purchased about 25 fabric masks for my husband so we don't have to worry about washing or cleansing them everyday!

So p!ease understand, if you have to go to work PLAN to buy at a minimum 7-10 masks for your CONVENIENCE!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2020 at 2:30pm

VENDOR -- LOS ANGELES APPAREL

NOW HAS SETS OF FOUR MASKS

MORE COLORS AND PLAID SETS

HAS TWO STRAPS
BEHIND NECK AND MIDDLE OF HEAD

MORE COMFORTABLE AND ASSURED TO FIT

the o rd ear masks don't fit everyone
I purchased the sequin mask and the ear area is close

I am going to have to tweak the ear strap area!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181>
  Share Topic