FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 139>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Ponytail

This is the pony, I have on, I think I have on Softie but I need to check.

Also, I combed out the curls with a wide tooth comb so it looks a little more natural than the perfect curls.

Outre Timeless Pineapple Ponytail "Cutie"
or
Outre timeless Pineapple Ponytail "Softie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTC8Bmt7p6w&t=547s

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2018 at 12:40pm

Here are the pictures.

">

back of pony, this pony is super full, I used a hair accessories to kind of flatten it down.

">

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2018 at 12:46pm

Texture of Piece - Once combed out it looks like 4C hair, it has NO SHINE at all.

How to attach to your head.

Okay, this piece comes with a drawstring but I need more security. I don't want to be at work and BAM, my piece is on the floor.

Steps:

1) I tucked the drawstring inside the ponytail.

2) I used BOBBY Pins (closed pins) and a few hair pins (open pins)

So I put the bobby pins through the MESS of the ponytail. Then I used about 5 to 6 bobby pins all the way around the circle of the ponytail.

Now this is NOT the hair of the ponytail.

I'm talking about the mesh cap of the pony so it is secured.

Then I made my "shape" and used several hair pins to pin down the shape.

I "tried" to make the front look a little "jazzy".

HAIR comb in the back

To me, the hair comb in the back kind of "HIDS" the piece and helps it "appear" to be a possibility of it being my hair. Or at least to the non experts, it might even appear to be my hair.

I'll search for a vendor for the hair accessory since I've had it a long time.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2018 at 2:02pm

The hair clip I used in the back of my head is called ---

Scunci Double Combs Upzing Medium Black Or Dark Brown

https://www.amazon.com/Scunci-Double-Combs-Upzing-Medium/dp/B003DKWD4U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1542657555&sr=8-1&keywords=Scunci+Double+Combs+Upzing+Medium+Black+Or+Dark+Brown

Price: 9.22

I have NEVER seen this in the Walmart/target etc. I ordered mine off line about 10 years ago.

I'm surprised they still make them.

COMMENTS:

1) Does it HURT.....It does not HURT at all.

2) Why did you use this? Can't you just use they ponytail.

Remember, this pony is a bang/bun and it is really full when you try to just use it as only a bun.

I used the comb to kind of pull it down so it was not this BIG SUPER bun at the top of my head.

I'm try and wear this as a bang bun in a few days and post a picture.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2018 at 5:31pm

Ponytail

Correction. Correction

I have on cutie!!!!!

Outre Timeless Pineapple Ponytail "Cutie"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTC8Bmt7p6w&t=547s

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2018 at 8:51am
Flu Shot

have you gotten your flu shot yet????

You may think, it is no big deal. I still get a "cold" but I believe the cold is not as "bad" and you don't get the FLU!!!

Here are some steps to help avoid the flu, I found this online:

1) Every time you shake someone's hand, wash yours. Also when I get off the train or bus, I make sure I wash my hands as soon as possible.

2) Eat as many vegs as possible

3) Drink, drink, drink... Dehydration can easily occur

4) Jump on symptoms RIGHT AWAY

For me, #4 is the most important thing to catch the COLD before it take HOLD of your body.

First step is If it goes from simple sniffles
next …. your throat starts to feel scratchy....

then BAM... you have a full cold.

5) Don't wait until you have a cold to buy cold medicine. STOCK up, so you can attack the cold right away.

Understand that you need more than one box of Theraflu to BEAT the cold. So if you want until you are sick, you might not have the money to buy a lot of cold medication.

What I do is keep a supply of medications at home. So I have my top kitchen cabinet full of medications.

I way to start a cough medicine stash is to buy one or two things each time you go to the store.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2018 at 9:01am
You ask...well what kinds of cold medications should I buy....

Here are my tips and what I have in my stash.

Cough drops --- These stop the cough but many times don't help that much for an sore throat (when it is hard to swallow).

you will see words like:
•Benzocaine: a numbing agent that relieves pain and can ease coughs
•Dextromethorphan: an agent that works with your brain to suppress the cough reflex
•Menthol: a minty oral anesthetic/analgesic designed to cool the painful area and subsequently, suppress cough. Menthol vapors also work to relieve nasal congestion.

Some of the top throat drops are:
Halls Cough Drops (these come in a million flavors)

Throat drops - Stop the feeling of a sore throat. Some of the top throat drops are:

Chloraseptic Max (they also have a throat spray)
Sucrets Complete
Luden's Wild Cherry Throat Drops
Ricola Honey-Herb

So these don't help my COUGH, I'm still coughing away, but they help my sore aching throat.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2018 at 9:07am
Now we are on to medications.

What I learned is.....you have to take the dosage AS DIRECTED....if you expect to get better.

For example: If the Theraflu instructions says take every 4 hours and you take it once a day....your cold will not get any better and it will last longer.

but the problem is, to take the medication as directed GUESS WHAT....you need at least 4 boxes of medicine.

That is why you need your stash.

Also some colds you have more congestion, while another cold you are just coughing but not blowing your nose. So you have to take the "appropriate" medication for your symptoms.

So stuffed nose needs:
Decongestants. Decongestants, which come in pill or spray form, work by shrinking the swollen blood vessels in the nose and air passages caused by congestion. Treating a stuffy nose with a decongestant nasal spray can offer the fastest relief.

MULTI Symptom medication
I tend to stick with this---- THERAFLU for me is the best.

Here is their site which breaks down what you need to take:

https://www.theraflu.com/products/

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2018 at 9:10am
You say... cough medicine is so expensive. Can I buy STORE BRANDS? Are they just as effective?

What I do is I read the ingredients on the box.

So I pick up Theraflu max......then I pick up the Walmart Theraflu max and read all the ingredients.

I make sure:

1) ingredients are the same
2) with the same percentages
3) in the same order

If they match exactly, then I buy the cheaper store brand. If the ingredients are different/% different....then I just stick with the national brand.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2018 at 9:43am
So back to the FLU SHOT...

Yesterday I went to Safeway pharmacy and got a flu shot. I'll share with you the process just in case you never got one outside of your doctor's office.

1) went at around 4:30 pm

had to wait about 25 minutes.

2) Step one, they gave me a form to complete that asked general questions about my health.

They did not take my blood pressure, temperature or anything.

3) If you have insurance, they ask for your insurance card. I paid nothing.

4) After the shot, how did you feel?
I did not feel light headed, sick, or anything. They do make you sit in the waiting area for about 10-15 minutes to see if you have any reaction.

This morning, I did not feel any knot in my arm or any sickness.

Well, please get your flu shot.

4) I felt nothing. They used a super small needle. Today I feel no knot on my arm.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 134135136137138 139>
  Share Topic