BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:20pm
what size bun did I use:
I made my own and the steps are on page 23 above.  Here is the link - I hope it works.
You will see pictures of my bun, how I made it, etc.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 24 2014 at 3:22pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:52am
Moisturizing is key, we must, must keep our natural hair in good condition.  YOU never want to be in the position where you can NEVER wear your natural hair out.  Here is a video where she is going to show how to do the LCOC method which is liquid, conditioner, oil and conditioner. 

I have done different versions of this method and I try my best to keep my natural hair in a condition where I can at least do a ponytail as needed.  Now will this method make your natural hair grow down to the bottom of your back...NO...genetics do play a role, all I can do is take care of my hair the best I can and hope for healthy hair which will grow.

In the video below if you need to speed up the method and application it starts at 3:18

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 8:54am
THis is another sister show her moisturizing  technique and her hair is much longer...so this will help the sister with longer hair.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:16am
I just found this sister today, her you tube channel focuses on natural hair care and protective styles.  I love this style, I do not have enough length in the front for the twist BUT...I can do the bun in the back. SO the purpose is to see these videos and learn from them and understand that YOU might have to TWEAK the style for your hair length.  But this is beautiful.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 7:14pm
hey ladies.... I found a video today that is discussing the basics of cutting the lace off wigs, it is focusing on the hard lace wigs which is mostly what we find in the BSS.  This man has great video and I think we can all learn a lot from him.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:07am
Today I found a video I'd like to share with you.   First off, he is showing if you are attaching a lace wig and don't want to use tape what you can do.   yes, he is showing hair pins but the point is he has no hair on his head.  SO he can't do the "normal" way of pinning the wig to your natural hair.

This tip is good for ladies who do a COMPLETE bald big chop.   Also the method is also good for anyone to secure their wigs who may want to NOT Pin into their edges.

Also, he is using an OLD wig, so don't miss the message focusing on the wig, how it looks on his head or anything else. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:13am
Here is a quick video showing how to pin your wig up.  We have all seen this before in pictures and with scarves.  But this video will show you step by step.  Once again, he is using an old wig, so don't miss the message focusing on the color of the wig.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:30am
Ladies - This is a perfect WORK WIG for me, I saw this today and it is a FREETRESS L part wig.  Now for those who might not know.

L part wigs are wigs with a LONG part, which you WILL NEED to put concealer on to make it look real.  Also, this type of wig allows you to CUT the part and pull out your OWN hair, which I NEVER do because my hair would not match the texture.

See that is the point, if you cut it open then you have to match the color and texture.

Also, this wig is good for BEGINNERS starting out with wigs cause it is not too LONG or attention getting.  Now with freetress, please understand...

1) It will be shiny, so you will need to either do the deodorant trick to take the shine down, some people use baby powder, but YOU MUST DO SOMETHING BECAUSE THE HAIR IS GOING TO LOOK SUPER SHINY.

2) Freetress wigs are DARK. so a 1 is so so black it looks crazy, I never order a 1 or 1B in Freetress.  Their color 2 looks like a 1.  So I always order a color 2 if I want a black shade.

3) You might need to tweak, no wig is perfect, you might need to cut out a track or two at the bottom if it is too full for you.  Or make a tweak by cutting the bang to frame the face.

Well I hope this helps....

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 10 2014 at 8:31am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:32am
Oops...here is the video...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 10:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
  Share Topic