Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:31pm
This video is perfect for the summer months approaching, she is showing US that ....with a longer wig, just braid it and its a good idea.  Sometimes seeing a person showing you the process will help encourage ideas we have all had but have not acted on. 

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:41pm
We can never see this concealor trick too many times.  I love this poster and her tips are great.  This wig does look nice with the part down the middle.  She is going to show US how to add concealor to make our parts longer.  Which is a staple method that I use all the time.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:24pm

When I saw this video I thought it might help someone.  It is not wig related but it is a blessing.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Mar 02 2014 at 3:27pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:29pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:32pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:08am
well, I have not posted in a while.  SUMMER WIG SEASON is approaching.  Here are some summer tips I thought might be helpful.
LENGTH:
  • Remember, if you sweat more in the summer months a longer wig with a full bang or even a swoop bang for everyday wear might be too much for you.   
  • I love my long wigs but in the summer I tend to wear it back with a headband so my face can get some "air" and I don't sweat as much.
SHINE:
  • Remember, in the SUN LIGHT, your wig will shine EVEN MORE, I'd say 100 times more than on a dull cloudy day.
  • If you do nothng else to your wig.....MAKE SURE YOU TONE DOWN THE SHINE WITH SOMETHING.
  • Remember, in your house the lights give a false sense of shine.  You need to go OUTSIDE IN THE SUNLIGHT to see how shiney your wig looks.
  • I do the speedstick (white) deodorant trick but it does not matter what you do but DO SOMETHING.
  • DON'T COME OUT YOUR HOUSE LOOKING LIKE A SHINEY CHICKEN HEAD.
  • I'd rather my hair have NO SHINE then the ultra fake plastic shine.

COLORS:

• I know people love to go blond or lighter in the summer but remember your complexion and where you WORK.
  • Remember, get a shade that flatters YOUR COMPLEXION and makes YOU LOOK PRETTIER.
  • Don't get a color because it is in "STYLE" but you look CRAZY.
  • If you are a professional working woman, if your hair color will cause too much excitement in the office...save your blond or lighter wig or even LONGER WIGS for the weekend and date night with hubby.
  • YOU have to know where YOU WORK and what your office requires.
  • Remember, the main goal is to wear HAIR STYLES THAT MAKE YOU...LOOK AS PRETTY AS POSSIBLE. 

TRAVEL:

• We all love to travel in the summer months. PLAN AHEAD.
  • Remember, when at the airport your hairpins will make the buzzer go off when walking through security.
  • PLAN NOW, to sew your lace wig down.
  • Which is easy, steps are above on one of the pages back.
  • Also sew down a wig that is water friendly if you plan to swim.
  • OR GET A Weave or braids. 
  • Don't wait until 2 weeks before your trip to start running around.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 03 2014 at 10:09am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 5:06pm
This is my first venture to the Wig threads on BHM, and I AM A WIGGY.

Thank you sunshine321511 for all your advice and recommendations !!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 5:11pm
I'm glad this information was helpful to you.Embarrassed
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:14pm

Ladies - I want to ask you...are you caring for your hair underneath your wig.  Well, I have been wearing a bob wig for a while. I will post details, specs and pictures later.  Well, I had been getting tired of the wig so yesterday I washed my hair and did the kanekalon bun. 

ALL I can say....is THANK YOU JESUS for You tube.  I wish I had known how to do this style years ago.  It looks so natural and the kank. hair BLENDS EXACTLY WITH NATURAL HAIR.  Please see the process below.

My hair is not PERMED, when I first did this style I thought I needed to PERM MY HAIR.  SO I did a short quick perm and did not keep the product in too long.

WELL this go around, I did not perm my hair at all, I was wondering how it would come out and it came out SO WELL, I am so pleased.

Steps:
  1. washed hair, conditioned with shea moisture hair mask
  2. towel dried hair lightly
  3. used wide wide tooth comb and combed hair straight back
  4. got out black gel (any gel will work)
  5. applied gel to hair line all the way around
  6. used diane brush and brushed hair into a ponytail
  7. used the black cloth small rubberband to secure
  8. added more gel in the back at the kitchen
  9. Sat under my hard hat table dryer for about 15 minutes.
Going to BED:
  1. Here is a step I did not do the last go around
  2. put on net wig cap
  3. then put on regular scarf
  4. then put on satin cap (security is key for ME)
  5. then I did a "X" with hair pins and secured all the way around
  6. None came off during the night.
In the MORNING ...Going to WORK
  1. Did Shower and makeup, got dressed first
  2. Took off all the night items on my head
  3. Net wig cap kept hair SUPER FLAT
  4. Didn't need to even add any gel or touch up
  5. I did add a little gel at the flyaways (few by base of neck)
  6. Put hair piece
  7. secured with bobby pins and used ample to ensure no fall off action in public
  8. looks GREAT and pleased...

Video to follow....

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 3:18pm
This sister's video really helped me, My bun is a lot bigger but the point of posting is to show you the steps after she washed her hair and how she is applying the gel.  Just in case my attempt to post the video does not work, here is the link below.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Apr 24 2014 at 3:19pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
  Share Topic