BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:09pm
The picture below is the wig on a foam wig head.  The purpose of the clips is to keep the bang in place and the hair has been cut, shine toned down with speedstick, and hair sprayed.

ALSO  -  The part has concealer on the underside and the top of the wig where the hair is.  I find putting the concealer on both sides (shows threw the lace) and helps the part look even better.

Also, I will have to fluffy up the crown because the scarf really flattened it down when I was flattening the swoop bang area.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Feb 02 2014 at 6:10pm
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:13pm
thanks for posting the link, Miss sunshine.

The wigs aren't uber-expensive... I did notice upon first sight, that the wigs looked shiny? I thought it was just the synthetic ones?  But for that price, not bad.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:15pm
The purpose of this picture is to show   - The invisible factor of the lace when applied behind the hair line.  BUT NOTICE, the freetress wig I wore last week and have posted on page 25-26 ...notice the lace does show and is harder to conceal.  THIS fridaynighthair lace wig....the lace is PERFECT.

I have PURPOSEFULLY did not color in my edges with the black coloring so you can see where the lace ends and my gray, thin edges begin....do you SEE

Look in the picture below....do you see the part area....do you see the silver dot...that is wear the wig is placed.  do you see the coloring of the part....

How do I color in my black edges....
Now I use eyebrow pencil in black with the retractable handle so I can precisely contour my part area.
I still use the black hair spray coloring for larger sections and certain wigs but for small areas like below, I just use eyeliner pencil.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Feb 02 2014 at 6:25pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:34pm

Finding your wig style -

I notice that I tend to wear similar wig styles.  I encourage you to find styles that flatter your face, work for YOUR JOB, work for YOUR AGE, and stick with that style.  I'm older, plus size, and I learned that I look my best with certain styles.  So what others can wear and look cute...24,26 inches long...I would look ridiculous.  So the purpose of this post is to learn from YouTube but don't follow exactly if the styles and COLORS don't match your lifestyle.

I love colors but for me the lightest I can go is maybe a 4 and that is pushing it with my thin gray edges.  So I encourage my younger sisters...while you have NO GRAY...go for the colors if that is an interest of yours.  Once you have a lot of gray hair it is harder and I don't like to leave out NONE of my hair.

Now, I do wear longer wigs on the weekend but for "WORK" ....I keep my wigs simple cause as I've said before, I want my PERFORMANCE to be the topic not my variety of wigs meaning short today...long tomorrow.

Well I hope this helps you.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:44pm
This is the back of the Friday Night hair wig -

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:47pm
On this wig, I put the concealer on the inside and the outside of the wig on the part.  The picture below I am showing the inside of the wig and the lace part area, notice where I am holding the concealer brush that is where I applied the concealer. 

I find that putting the concealer on the inside and outside of the wig it looks better to ME.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:05pm
Comparing MM to FNH

THe Model Model WIg -curl is loose curls, hair is layered better, hair has elevation in the front.  Color is very dark so had to purchase 2, had cut shorter and thin out bottom layers because too thick.  Had shine which had to be toned down.  CONS - lace did not blend as well on me as FNH.

Friday Night Hair - Curls like curling wand, which was GREAT, not layered as well in the back, no elevation in the front, had to cut short but did not have to thin out.  lace blended very well. purchased 1B and it is a good 1B not a super dark like the model model wig.  I would NOT buy the model model wig in a 1B or 1 under any circumstance.

Both wigs will be staple wigs for me, both wigs are originally long wigs which can be left long but for me I prefer is shoulder length.  Received compliments on both wigs.  Hope this helps.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Feb 08 2014 at 12:19pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:42pm
great IDEA ...for either really long wigs or even 10 inch wigs....as long as you can gather the hair in a ponytail, this idea will WORK.

headbands

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 1:38pm
I'm still learning as I go....so don't laugh, roll your eyes, or click out.  With the swoop bang wigs sometimes the hair moves so much in the front and I don't like that all the time.  So I would place my "supposedly" invisible pin in the upper bang area. I think I have pictures above of this on say page 25-27. 

Well last week, I thought why not add a little gell to the edge of the swoop to see if it keeps the hair together.  It works.  Now I know, someone is reading this and like...sunshine PLEASE....
but i did not know this trick.  THIS TIP is for syn wigs that you plan to throw away or I guess you could wash the wig as some people do.  I tend to wear my syn wig and when its done, trash.

SO I hope this helps someone, I'll so pictures tonight when I get home. 

At night:
  • take of wig, put on foam head
  • put very little black gel on finger tips
  • smooth over hair of bang secure with a silver clip. 
  • wig stays on foam head until morning when ready to apply
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:23pm
I love this sister and this video shows how we can tweak a wig, add tracks and change an old wig to a updated "somewhat" new wig.   Great tips, I have not done this but I see the concept and I learned a lot from this video. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic