BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 6:17pm
and no, no YUK here..LOL

and thanks for the pics.  It looks natural from the back AND the front.  There's no way i could tell that's a wig.  The hair fall/looks natural..

Sponsored Links

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

until you pointed out the concealer color discrepancy i did not even see it.

Looks as if you're experimenting with Mac Cosmetics.  A cheaper brand that i like is on Samsbeauty.com, it spreads just like Mac, but it's WAY cheaper. $7.00.  It's called Kiss.  (unfortunately, it has Salicylic acid in the basic to prevent acne.)Ouch

thanks,

I'm going to check this out.  I happen to wear mac concealor NC45 skin...NC42 under eyes (old lady has darkening under eyes)

Anytime I can save money, I'm down for it....I down OWN MAC...so I have no loyalty to THEM. 

I want to check out this sam's beauty.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 22 2013 at 6:40pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 3:33pm
i decided to re-watch the video on using concealer on the parts.

I have 2 curly wigs.. Vivica Fox's scalp part is white.

Kudos to Vanessa Oprah 2 wigs manufactures for at least darkening the part on their wigs.  Some parts of it are still light.

I used the Kiss concealer that i bought from Samsbeauty.com in the darkest complexion they have.

Perfect.. I wear this wig everywhere, including the gym.  I know when i'm bending over to change equipment, i'm getting "checked".  Thus, i felt a lot more confident when i go work out now.

Look ALLLL you want.. give your wig-checking as&*&ses something more to talk about.

LOL

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 29 2013 at 3:36pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 1:21pm
Below I am attaching pictures of the Model Model Lace Front Wig - Sierra wig placed right at the hair line.  Now remember, the pictures a few pages back the wig is placed back a lot further.

This pictures show the wig slanted to the front and at the hair line - with say 1/2 inch of my natural part showing.  Now I purposely did not place any gel on the edges, this is to show you placement.

Remember, this wig is small, so the back is not coming to the bottom of my neck but you cant tell that when the wig is on.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jan 05 2014 at 1:23pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 1:26pm

Now the purpose of attaching this picture is to show....this wig has a bang...and I have angled the wig on the right (where bang is) and it is right at my edges so none of my hair is showing under the bang.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 1:28pm
Now this picture, it is showing exactly were the lace stops...I purposely have not added anything ...this is to show how close the wig is to my edges...in a close up picture.
Please note, this wig is "done" you see the hair spray flakes...which teaches you to not spray as much as I did.  But I spray my wig for holding purposes.  I don't like MY wigs to be flopping up and down.  But that means, it can shorten the life of the wig.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jan 05 2014 at 1:29pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 1:32pm
Now this pictures shows the concealer only which is NC42 for me to get the best match.  That is a shade LIGHTER than my skin concealer shade.  Now this worked for ME, make sure you test your exact shade and a lighter shade in photos to see which one looks the best.
Also this picture is further back which is how others might see your wig from a distance.

Well, I hope this helps you.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jan 05 2014 at 1:33pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:40am
I saw a great video today that I want to share with you.  This sister is showing how to sew your lace wig onto your wig cap.  This is especially good for travel.  I have done a method similar to this before and mentioned it several pages back but this video helps greatly.
Just to clarify, when you travel and have a wig on...the bobby pins will cause the security walk through to beep.  Then from my experience, the lady security person will come over and pat you down, feel your hair etc.  I did not like that....it drew too much attention. 

So that is when I decided to sew my lace wig down when I travel.  I sew mine all the way around.  I need to re-read my own posting to see what I do in the front.  I have not gone a trip on a plane in a year so I honestly forgot some of the steps.  I'll find my link and post it below.  

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jan 09 2014 at 8:47am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:52am
Oh, I found my original written tips.  It is on page 10 but I pasted it below.  When I went on my cruise I wore a half wig and cut out the combs and sewed it down.  See below.

Well Ladies, I'm back from the cruise.  My hubby and I went on royal carib. allure of the seas.  This is the largest cruise ship and we had a great time. 

I ended up sewing down my easy vera wig.  I worked out very well and I had no problems at the airport. 

Here are the steps:

1 - I permed my edges, I only leave out like 2 inches
2 - put on black dome cap
3 - then put on net weave cap
4 - sew it around the parimeter of my natural hair wich is braided in a circle

5 - I wear the black dome cap because I have a lot of gray hair and in case for some crazy reason the wig tracks shift or blow in the wind all the person see's is black.  Just imagine if your hair blows and the person see's a gray like color of your natural hair.

This only applies to older sisters like me with a lot of gray hair.  Most people can just apply the net weave cap and sew that down.

6 - Use weave needle

7 - Put wig in a ponytail and pin it to your head then sew it down.

8 - I did not sew it all the way around but I did the entire front from ear to ear and the back from say nape to nape.

9 - once I got home from the cruise I cut the wig out and am able to wear it as normal.

The reason I did not keep the wig sewn on is because I wanted it to last.  Remember syn wigs don't last as long when you are sleeping in it every day and never take it off. 

Link to the Wig I sewed Down - Easy Vera - half wig with WIDE Comb that I cut out of the front and back.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:05pm
okay,

took the plunge with a Freetress Equal Fresh Hairline wig.  It's a lace front.. my first try after reading Miss Sunshine's posts.

The reason i did this?  I was reading what wigs women prefer on the alopecia forum.  My hair is growing, but i'm a 4c.  Thus, it will ALWAYS be in a shrunken state.  When i want a "flowing" look? I have no intention of relaxing my hair and losing everything i've worked so hard for. Been there Done that several times/years.

Believe it or not, many caucasians are opting for African american wigs. 

One lady was pissed that she paid over $1,000 for a Jean Renau SmartLace wig.. and made her review.  Several ladies on the comment section recommended - "FreeTress Equal Fresh Hairline wigs"..

and you know what?  they were right!!

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Jan 16 2014 at 5:05pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 30>