BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 11:52am
TIP - What to do if YOUR LACE Wig is too small.....
If your lace wig seems small, don't give up.  One of my favorite lace wigs is sort of small.  I know..this seems silly and OBVIOUS .... regarding what I should do....well......I was wearing the wig further back.  Here is a picture...

The wig below:
Model Model Natural Part Lace Front Sienna Wig - This wig cost around 30.00.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 16 2013 at 11:56am
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 12:07pm
Then last week when I was getting ready for work, I said....why don't you put the wig closer to your hair line. This means that the wig would not go all the way to the end of my hair line in the back.

SO I pinned the wig to work in the front and the back the wig was pinned like 1 inch above my hair line.

Now I have on a dome cap as my wig cap.  (dome cap as wig cap is good for sisters with gray hair that they are not dying, so if someone sits behind or beside you and accidently your hair is not perfectly placed they don't see the GRAY hair screaming underneath)

So anyway, I pinned the wig at my hairline.  Then in the back I pinned the wig higher up (remember, the wig is too small).  So I finger combed the hair down in the back and to my surprise...you could not SEE..that the wig was too short in the back.

Here are the pictures...

This picture shows me in a turtleneck with my head forward...notice, you can't see my natural hair.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 16 2013 at 12:07pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 12:12pm
This shows where the small wig stops on the BACK OF my hairline.  Understand this would only SHOW if you LIFT Up your wig hair and HOLD IT UP.  which is not the norm.

Now, please understand this wig is PINNED down in the front and back on the sides by my lower ear.  So it is secure.  I'm just showing under the wig hair.  

SO the purpose is to show you, that YES, if a wig is too small.  DO NOT GIVE UP, it can still be worn you will just secure higher up in the back.  It might be obvious to YOU, but I did not do that in the past so I hope this helps you.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 16 2013 at 12:14pm
MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:27pm
I washed me wig in fabric softener for the first time and thank you lord whoever suggested that! It should last me another 3 weeks or so at least! I left it soak for about an hour (mainly because I accidently locked myself out of my bathroom and it took me that long just to find something to pick the lock....lol) Anyway I'm so excited now! Also parts of the nape were so tangled that I actually just poured some fabric softener in my hand and slathered it on like conditioner. It's soft, tangle free, and smells amazing. Better than out of the pack since it looks more real now!
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

If your lace wig seems small, don't give up.  One of my favorite lace wigs is sort of small.  I know..this seems silly and OBVIOUS .... regarding what I should do....well......I was wearing the wig further back.  Here is a picture...

The wig below:

okay, Miss Sunshine.. you're busted.  THAT is NOT a wig.. there's no way.. absolutely no WAY that can be a wig.

I know you said it's the Model Model Sienna - but you've basically re-invented it.  GORGEOUS.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by MetallicHarmony MetallicHarmony wrote:

I washed me wig in fabric softener for the first time and thank you lord whoever suggested that! It should last me another 3 weeks or so at least! I left it soak for about an hour (mainly because I accidently locked myself out of my bathroom and it took me that long just to find something to pick the lock....lol) Anyway I'm so excited now! Also parts of the nape were so tangled that I actually just poured some fabric softener in my hand and slathered it on like conditioner. It's soft, tangle free, and smells amazing. Better than out of the pack since it looks more real now!

LOL

Fabric softener is a synthetic wigs best friend.  I add a little  when i shampoo my wigs.  Too much, will smell up the house.

Ouch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

The wig below:

okay, Miss Sunshine.. you're busted.  THAT is NOT a wig.. there's no way.. absolutely no WAY that can be a wig.

I know you said it's the Model Model Sienna - but you've basically re-invented it.  GORGEOUS.

I'm just seeing your message, thank you.  The wig above is my NEW number one winter wig.  I really like it....and it does hold up WELL with care. 

Yes the difference in the color in the part is wear my part ends and the wig part begins.  Obviously I did not have on the correct concealer.  IN this picture I was experimenting with NC45 compared to NC42.

Meaning...I take its off as soon as I get home, don't sleep in it, I did not wash it (don't say YUK) but I only wear my wigs until they are done and then it's over to  the trash.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 8:16am
Below is a picture Model Model Natural Part Lace Front Sienna Wig but moved CLOSER to my hairline.  Remember, I talked about how this wig is small on me.  The wig does not go all the way to the back of my neck.  But it still works.

Also , I purposely did not put the on concealers so you could see just how much closer I moved the wig.

I recommend that you take pictures from time to time, this wig is old so you see the hair spray remnants and look....I need to darken the lace by the part.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 21 2013 at 8:22am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 8:20am
In this picture, I'm showing you the back of the wig, with my head straight and not bending down.  The purpose is to show you that ....no one can tell from the back that the wig is not at the base of my neck.

The picture may look a little weird but it is a picture of me taken in a mirror so you can see the back.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 21 2013 at 8:21am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 6:15pm
until you pointed out the concealer color discrepancy i did not even see it.

Looks as if you're experimenting with Mac Cosmetics.  A cheaper brand that i like is on Samsbeauty.com, it spreads just like Mac, but it's WAY cheaper. $7.00.  It's called Kiss.  (unfortunately, it has Salicylic acid in the basic to prevent acne.)Ouch
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
  Share Topic