Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:21am
Hey MH -- What a great tip!!!  I think I will try that.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:26am
Well, I had a nice break from my wig with the ponytail in kankelon hair.  I wish I had known about this years ago....I'm the last to know and wow...it matched my natural hair so much.  I could have kept on wearing it except I did not want to keep putting gel in my hair....or really the heat because I seat under my hard hat dryer for like 10 minutes a day to set the gel.
I wore the Sienna wig this week and I finally put it the hat wig pile.  The wig held up much better than I expected. Here is the wig below, remember this wig was long and I cut it. 

Edited by sunshine321511 - Dec 08 2013 at 7:29am
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by MetallicHarmony MetallicHarmony wrote:

I have found that dry shampoo works wonders on my synthetic wigs! As soon as I take it out of the pack I'll spray some dry shampoo all over it, brush/finger comb it, then shake it out. Not only does it take the shine out and "dulls" the hair but it gives the hair some texture, too. Sometimes some of the straighter/wavier wigs are a little TOO silky and the dry shampoo combats this. It also makes the wig smell good :) I use the suave keratin dry shampoo. It's only like $3

Whoa! that sounds a lot cheaper than some strange option i was looking at on a wig website. It's called the WigWand JR..  it's about $20 without the shipping.

it looks like a feather duster of some sort.  or basically a great big red cotton ball on a large stick..  You take it and run it over your SYNTHETIC wig, and it takes the shine away immediately.  BUT it is made specifically for a certain type of wig fiber.. doesn't work on Futura, Kanekalon or any of the fibers i've known or wore in most "textured" wigs.

thank you for the tip, Miss Harmony.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 12:08pm
Miss Sunshine?

is that the Model Model lacefront Sienna?

Looks great!  and that's the usual style pattern i wear with tighter curls.

Oprah2 Vivica Fox, or the Vanessa version.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:44pm
Yes it is, the --- Model Model Natural Part Lace Front Sienna Wig - This wig cost around 30.00.

I discussed this on page 21 above -  This wig is by model model which means....the colors are very dark.  I ordered a 2 and it is like a 1B.   These are the same tips I typed above and the wig did last longer than I thought it would.
  • This wig requires tweaking whether you wear it long or cut it short.  If you wear it long, it is mostly tweezing the part.
  • If you plan to cut it short, you will need to thin out the wefts at the bottom.  I will show in pictures below.
  •  Also, TO ME...this wig looks best when you leave out some of your edges by the part and 
  • You are leaving out about 1/2 inch only on the side wear the part is then you part your hair wear the part is in the WIG....
  • please note this wig looks best with permed edges and I also flat ironed my edges.
  • This wig has a long part which helps it really look natural, I applied concealer on the part and tweezed out some of the hair to make the part a little more visible.
  • This wig looks very natural and I received a lot of compliments.
  • This wig is SHINY, you will need to tone down the shine via the speedstick deodorant method.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:31pm
thanks for re-posting the wig tips on how to work with it.  It looks a lot better after the "tweeking" that you've done.

in the adverts, it looks kind of "buiky?

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 9:57pm
You're welcome, ladies! If you try it I hope it works well.
sgoofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgoofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 9:07am
Just subscribing. The most recent video you posted showing how to make a longer part is EVERYTHING! Will definitely adding to my arsenal.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Tip:
Shiney wigs....

Sometimes you try on a wig and it is too shiney, you can tone is down with solid deodorant, but you are rubbling very little down the weft of the hair and using the palm of your hand, rubbing the hair in a left to right motion and the shine is gone.

Many people use flour but too me, you have no control of the amount because each time you put your hand in the flour you pull out a different amount so ....some place in the hair is dull, other places is shiney.

Always attempt to tone down the shine in your wigs because a wig that looks GREAT in the house, can look like PLASTIC in the bright sun when you are outside Confused
im all super late but i just learned about using baby powder to take away shine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Tip:
Shiney wigs....

Sometimes you try on a wig and it is too shiney, you can tone is down with solid deodorant, but you are rubbling very little down the weft of the hair and using the palm of your hand, rubbing the hair in a left to right motion and the shine is gone.

Many people use flour but too me, you have no control of the amount because each time you put your hand in the flour you pull out a different amount so ....some place in the hair is dull, other places is shiney.

Always attempt to tone down the shine in your wigs because a wig that looks GREAT in the house, can look like PLASTIC in the bright sun when you are outside Confused
im all super late but i just learned about using baby powder to take away shine

those tips i've heard, and also?  Cornstarch.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
  Share Topic