BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 1:35pm
Okay...everyone knows I have GRAY hair....so you ask....Did you leave your gray hair out...what did I do...If you have GRAY hair...here is what I did.
Make sure your braiding hair matches your hair dye.... I dyed my natural hair...
before...READING BELOW, each hair company is different but this is a general rule...

If you plan to dye your hair in AN OFF BLACK SHADE or sometimes called NATURAL BLACK or even SOFT BLACK, ORIGINAL BLACK, MAYBE EVEN BROWNISH BLACK........then YOU purchase 1B kanekalon hair.

If you plan to dye your hair in JET BLACK, SUPER BLACK, or sometimes called MIDNIGHT BLACK...then YOU purchase 1 kanekalon hair.

That is the KEY to making this hairstyle look its best.  For your natural hair to MATCH the kank. hair.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 7:55am
If I want to take a break from my wigs....how do I handle my OWN natural hair.  I have forgotten what to do???  You might be laughing...but it is true.  Sometimes, when you wear wigs on a "REGULAR" basis you kind of forget what to  do.  Especially when you are not perming your natural hair often.

Below is a video on how to prepare you hair for a kanekalon ponytail.  This was VERY HELPFUL TO ME...I hope it helps you. Embarrassed

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:45am
I just took off my kank. bun and I realized....with care, you can use your bun several times.  When I removed the bun I took care to specifically NOT  BREAK THE RUBBERBAND.  I will have pictures below.
I used Long bobby pins and hair pins to secure the bun to my natural hair.  I also used a hair pin at the base of the rubberband to ensure it was secure.  see the pictures below
Remember, I got the shape of the bun below.... by the "ROLL DOWN" method...that is shown in the videos above.

This picture shows bun, notice rubberband in the center - this is used to attach to my own ponytail and this same rubberband was on the hair when I opened the kank. hair.

This picture is the top of the bun - what it looks like when attached.

hope this helps...WinkWinkWinkWink

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 09 2013 at 10:55am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:47am
Storage - The key to wearing wig/buns is storage.  We all forget things, the color (is it a 1b or a 1), what is the hair brand or texture. SO I have learned, store my hair in a clean non used for food freezer bag, or the same wig box it arrived in or even a clean, DRY grocery bag.....and label the item.

This is what the picture below shows...item, color, what I need to do when wearing again...and storing correctly KEEPS THE bun in good shape, you won't get dust or get it out of shape for the next wearing.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 09 2013 at 10:53am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

For the style above...it might be helpful to know....What is the difference between a hair pin and a bobby pin -

A bobby pin are CLOSED and used to secure wig to your head.  These come in several lengths - the longer ones are 3 inches, the shortest ones are 1 1/2 inches
Styling Essentials Firm Hold Bobby Pins, Black

Goody Styling Essentials Bobby Pins, Black, 3 Inches, 18 Count (Pack of 6)

A hair pin is the OPEN item - I do NOT use these to secure to my wig cap.  I use these to pin hair down in place.  For example if one is trying to blend your hair with the wig and you need to pin your real hair into the wig.  These also come in various sizes

2 1/2 Hair Pins - Style No BH437

Diane Hair Pins Assorted Size, Black, 100/card
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 3:36pm
This sister here....I'm in love with her teaching methods.  I have learned so much from her....and this video is going to show how to extend your wig part and how to touch up your hair if it is thin in the front.  I do a similar method but this video is an excellent tutorial with the close up camera shots.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 3:41pm
Here is part two....how to make a part on a wig that HAS NO PART...
This sister is FIERCE.....I am so thankful for these ladies who take the time to make all these videos to help ME...and others.  I just say..THANK YOU JESUS

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

This sister is showing how she does the bun with the marley braiding hair which is more textured then the regular braiding hair.  If music too much for you, mute but don't miss the message. 
Sidenote, I did not use a lighter to burn the end of the kank. hair in my bun. 

when i first began bunning my hair?  this was definitely the video of choice.  thank you for posting this sunshine..

and trust, everytime you post, there are quite a few of us lurkers out there reading/watching your tips and videos.Smile

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:34pm
Thank you so much, I'm glad the videos were helpful.  I am so thankful because I don't have anyone to show me a lot of things and I have learned so much for you tube.
MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 3:55pm
I have found that dry shampoo works wonders on my synthetic wigs! As soon as I take it out of the pack I'll spray some dry shampoo all over it, brush/finger comb it, then shake it out. Not only does it take the shine out and "dulls" the hair but it gives the hair some texture, too. Sometimes some of the straighter/wavier wigs are a little TOO silky and the dry shampoo combats this. It also makes the wig smell good :) I use the suave keratin dry shampoo. It's only like $3
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>
  Share Topic