BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 6:35pm
Get ready for Bed with ME... LOL......I know someone is saying ...what...every body knows how to tie up their hair at night.  But I remember when I first started wearing half wigs .....I had no one to talk about things with except people online.  So I know...in my heart that someone will be helped by this posting.

First off, my hair is not braided. For braided ladies, you are set.

I learned the tip from a you tube sister who posted about using net weave caps to flatten your hair.  So in the pictures below, the first pictures shows my hair with a roller in the front, the hair that is will be blended with wig, and then I apply the net weave cap.  This flattens  my hair so it lays flat under the wig.

The second picture, shows me with the satin cap and notice the "X" pins that will secure the hair.  I have an "X" pin on the right side, one on the left and one in the middle.  THis assures that the cap will not come off during the night.

Now in the back, I have raised the edge of the weave cap to about the middle of my ear. This allows the back of my hair to have a break, at one point I had some breakage in the back because of the wig rubbing and then the caps rubbing the hair.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 30 2013 at 6:37pm
Sponsored Links

MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 11:06pm
All these tips are great! I have recently gotten back into half wigs. I wore three different styles for a few months a couple years ago. Grace by Outre and a couple Sensationnels. Right Now I'm rocking Runway Girl by Freetress. I love the way it looks but boy does it tangle!!
I'm going to be sticking to wigs for awhile. I got a bad haircut, plus it's soooo easy. I hate spending time to style my hair but I hate not having cute hair so wigs have become my best friend. I can't wait to try more!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 11:52am
I'm glad my tips were helpful to you.  I have learned 99% of my information from message boards and You Tube.   The main thing is to also remember to protect your own hair, that was my MISTAKE for a while but I am now doing much better in that area.  So please don't make my mistakes.

Please watch You Tube videos you will learn so much.

I left a response on your other posting.  I hope it is helpful.Embarrassed
MetallicHarmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicHarmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:59pm
Thank you for your response! :D

And yes, I've so many youtube videos! Even if it's a wig I'm not interested in I still love to watch the videos. You can learn a lot from it, and plus I just love hearing other ladies talk about their wigs lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 10:38am
Quick and easy ponytail.  I did a quick break this week from my wigs. This is why it is important to take care of your natural hair, so when you WANT to take a break you can.  I did NOT always have this OPTION.  Learn from my message to YOU - I did not always take care of MY natural hair, so at one point, I HAD TO WEAR WIGS. 

I used the following:

kanekalon hair
gel
boar brush
rubberband
hair pins
hair donut

• permed my hair for a short period of time.  Just enough to straighten the hair SLIGHTLY.
  • the hair should NOT BE bone straight for this style.
  • secure kank. hair (do not take rubberband of kank hair - use that to secure to YOUR ponytail) 
  • get donut and roll hair over donut at the ends.
  • slowly roll down hair - very slow so it looks neat
  • use hair pins at all 4 parameters (top, bottom, left, right)
  • done!!!

videos to follow and kankelon hair instructions.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 07 2013 at 10:41am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 10:56am
How to prepare the kanekalon hair
  • I bought the kanekalon jumbo braid hair.
  • This hair has one big braid in the package
  • DO NOT TAKE rubber band off
  • THE SAME RUBBER BAND ON THE BRAIDING HAIR...CAN BE USED TO SECURE TO YOUR PONYTAIL.
  • DON'T BUT THAT RUBBERBAND....
  • Keep reading, but I'll find a video showing how to use that rubberband....WinkWinkWink
Okay...In this video, I did NOT do my ponytail like this.  The purpose of this video is to show you HOW SHE opened the pack, and did not cut the rubber band that comes ON THE BRAIDING HAIR and uses that rubberband to SECURE to her natural hair.  I also used a pin at the base of the ponytail.

Go to .55 in the video...but remember, I did NOT DO THIS STYLE, I FOUND IT MORE DIFFICULT TO ME THEN the roll method...I am going to show below.

When you first open the braiding hair....At this point, the hair is WILD.  I learned from a sister on you tube that you have to spray the hair first to make it hard workable.
  • I cut the kank. hair to around 13 inches long
  • at first, I did not cut the hair and it was too long and the bun was too big
  • Now it is cut, and I used hair clips to clip the braiding hair together.
  • you are clipping the right and left sides of the hair before you spray to keep the hair together
  • DO NOT DO THIS WHILE ATTACHED TO YOUR NATURAL HAIR.
  • then spray to make hard
  • this will eliminate a lot of loose hair, and flyaways.
  • LET THE HAIR SIT FOR A WHILE UNTIL HAIR SPRAY DRIES.

This video shows a sister spray the braiding hair....so it will be hard and less crazy to deal with...go to around 1.09.  I just did the pump it up spray part on my bun...and it help a lot.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 07 2013 at 12:13pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 11:02am
How to attach donut - ROLLING METHOD

SPEED UP TO 7:34 to see the rolling method to learn how to secure donut.  It is easy.  But roll it real real slow, so it looks real neat.

ANOTHER VIDEO JUST SHOWING ROLLING METHOD

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 07 2013 at 11:07am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 11:12am
This sister is showing how she does the bun with the marley braiding hair which is more textured then the regular braiding hair.  If music too much for you, mute but don't miss the message. 
Sidenote, I did not use a lighter to burn the end of the kank. hair in my bun. 

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 07 2013 at 11:14am
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 11:14am
I don't understand this bullet... can you clarify, please?
  • you are clipping the right and left sides of the hair before you spray to keep the hair together
Also, what spray do you use?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 11:36am
What....I'm just glad someone is reading my posting....for real, sometimes...it's like I'm talking to myself on here.  ConfusedConfused  But I think...someone is reading these posting...I hope I'm helping someone..Big smileBig smileBig smile

see this video...where this sister lays the hair down on a table and sprays with pump it up.  I'd put a towel on the bed or table first.

One could also use hair spray which is what I did. I had to spray hair 2 times.  One time with hair spray...then I let it dry.  Then later I sprayed lightly with pump it up.

go to around 1:09 and you will see her spraying the hair.  this is what I mean.  I used hair clips on the braiding hair while it was laying flat on the bed.  You will understand when you see the video...

Edited by sunshine321511 - Nov 07 2013 at 11:38am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style