BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 11:04am
shows final product on wig head...

Back of the wig....notice the layers...., most of this was in the wig already...I just tweaked

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 11:11am
This picture shows how you separate the hair to cut as close to the weft as possible.  This is when you are REMOVING WEFT HAIR ...because the hair is too full below the ear area.  Remember you are not cutting the weft but as close to the weft as possible.  See the pen in the picture is showing wear you will not CUT, do not cut that thin weft just the hair so you might have like 1/4  inch of hair left on the weft.  This will prevent big block of blank spaces in your wig.

This is how I prepare the wig for hair spray, this is the final step, notice the hair clips to position and "freeze" I the hair were I want it to be standing....  also that , brown in the part is my concealer...I use mac concealer cause that is what I use on my face, I use NC45 (exact same shade of my face) ....you can use any brand.  Notice the part looks brown.  It will look natural when you have the wig on and your part will begin first then blend right into the wig's part.  I also put a little concealer on the section wear my scalp and the wig's part begins.

This is the hair spray I use - Got to be glued - Freezing Spray.  This holds, but don't over spray it will turn white in hair.  I spray at night, it keeps the wig firm.  Then ever night I lightly respray the area I want standing in the front.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 19 2013 at 1:01pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2013 at 9:56pm
I have been wearing wigs for years, after reading these posts I realized how much I did not about wigs
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2013 at 10:24am
It's okay....I have learned a lot through the years...and it is trial and error.
I am not PERFECT, I still struggle....but I have LEARNED SO much from people on youtube and right here on this board....so I try and pass the information along.

Also everyone has different goals, I have met women who they don't care if their wig looks real and they make no attempt to make the wig look as real as possible.  I can be lop sided, falling off, a blind man could tell...that is a WIG....

For me, I tell people I wear wigs .....BUT...my goal IS for my wigs to look as non-noticable as possible.  So when I'm in meeting at work, interacting with my husband's friends, my HAIR is not the white elephant in the room .....SCREAMING...WIG ....WIG...WIG...OuchOuchOuchOuch

I don't want people to even look twice at my hair.... I want people to say...SUN always looks so nice or attractive/pretty, I love to hear comments like....you hair looks great...then when I tell the lady that it is a wig...and she say......I would never know that was a wig...Embarrassed

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 21 2013 at 1:44pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 6:29pm
This picture is showing the wig applied behind the edges.  I purposely did not apply by black Jerome Russell spray which would cover the gray and make the hair look darker.  The reason I did that was for you to clearly see what it looks like before product is applied.

Now looking at this you might say....this does not look right....but I will next add a picture on Monday before work when I have applied the products to darken my gray.  Remember, wig application is a step by step by step process.  As you get older with gray hair and possibly thin hair...you will have to spray in color to conceal the differences in color and texture.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 25 2013 at 6:30pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 6:39pm
Now this is a picture with a little black spray applied to my gray hair in the front above the part.  Notice the improvement....now you can still see the difference in texture with a camera this close to the hair line but from a distance it looks better... you have to ask yourself...how many people are 3 inches from your hair.

But take time to notice....the part is not right....look at the hair.....are you seeing the point here??? 
You see how tweaking the wig's part will be needed.

Also...you DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE OUT THIS MUCH HAIR....this is just an example of what can be done....please ignore that my hair was not freshly flat ironed but I'm trying to show the possibilities.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 25 2013 at 6:47pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 6:42pm
now see how this looks better...now the final step is to use a little more spray color to tone down the shine.  I will add a picture of that on Monday....

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 25 2013 at 6:46pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 9:35am
I will post my pictures later today or tomorrow but please see this helpful video. Very informative , you might already know some of this info. but this is quite helpful.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 6:59am
Below is a picture of the final application.  I paid specific attention to a few things so I could mention to those who might be interested in buying this wig -

• Model Model wig - Sierra
  • Lace Front - syn wig
  • Size of wig cap is small, I tried to apply closer to MY hair line and it was too small
  • My head is on the medium to larger side.
  • Part is in wig but I tweezed a little

Application

• Put 1 to 1 1/2 inches behind hair line
  • used concealor on my scalp and wig
  • sprayed black Jerome Russell spray in color to hide gray edges.
  • IMPROVEMENTS Needed - to me viewing this picture, I need more concealer on the wig part. 
  • Or put some concealer on the backside of the part....I saw that method on a tutorial
  •  In person it looked to be perfect but a camera shows flaws you might not see.
  • This is why I encourage YOU to sometimes take a picture in YOUR WIG...and analyze the look to see how you could improve.

Quality of Wig:

• this wig is nice but I expect the wig life to be short (2-3 weeks)
  • the curls are loose and even with taking off as soon as I get home, I see already that this syn wig will not last for 4-5 weeks like my curlier wigs.
  • Yes, I would purchase again and I am still pleased with the wig because of the part length which to ME..helps make the wig looks "a little more real"....understanding that no wig is PERFECT and few applications are PERFECT.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 29 2013 at 7:03am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 7:29am
Updated COLOR CHART

These TIPS are from my personal experience ordering wigs.  Please take a moment to research your own wigs and see if this is the same for YOU.

Companies - WIGS THAT ARE SUPER DARK - these are the companies to order a lighter shade

These are wigs I ordered and when I received it the 1B was super dark......the 1B looks like a JET BLACK COLOR ONE .... so NOW....KNOW with the brands below...if you want a 1B....you must order a 2.

Freetress SYN WIGS 
Outre SYN WIGS
Model Model  SYN WIGS (the picture above is a COLOR 2 model model wig)

Hug

COMPANIES - Wigs that are exactly the shade of 1B
VANESSA SYN WIGS

Star

COMPANIES - WIGS ARE NOT SUPER DARK -
1B IS A LITTLE ON THE LIGHTER SIDE FOR A 1B 
NOW UNDERSTAND, not overly brown - the wigs look like 1B but a lighter 1B

SENSATIONAL HUMAN WIG
RPG SHOW HUMAN WIGS

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 29 2013 at 7:30am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair