Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 7:42pm
I received La Jay...the natural looking wig today.  I ordered it on Saturday from Ebonyline and it arrived today Wednesday.  the cost was 19.95 and I ordered a 1B which is a true 1B.  Brand - Vanessa

The hair looks CRAZY...honestly, I could never wear it without thinning it out.  It looks like a giant super afro....it needs to be brushed out and THINNED OUT.  I will report tomorrow the outcome, I'm on furlough....so that will be my project for tomorrow to thin out this wig.  I already know that I am  going to have to cut out at least 1/2 the tracks....it is too much...

This is a tip to always remember, the way the wig is when you open the package, does NOT MEAN you are supposed to wear it like that if it is not right for YOU.  You have to cut, trim, etc.  to make sure the wig is right for YOU, and your professional environment.

Remember, my goal is for  my wigs to look as natural and non-negative attention getting as possible.  I don't want my wigs to be a joke, people laughing from down the hallway at work...no madam...

I'd look like a ROYAL FOOL....coming out my house with this wig on.. .in its current right out the package state.  It would draw to much negative and laughing at ME ATTENTION...I'd make myself a JOKE...I look like the picture below...ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 02 2013 at 7:48pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 3:41pm
This is what the wig looks like....straight out the package....

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 4:06pm
Okay....this morning I thinned out the wig...
1) Got my paddle brush brushed OUT the curls...this made the hair look more like an afro
2) Started at the bottom brushed out
3) WIG got even bigger

That was okay, for me...it is best to brush it out and let the wig get as huge as it is going to get....then cut out the wefts one time.

4) started at bottom left the bottom 2 rows, cut wefts straight across. without cutting the netting part of the wig...as close to the weft as possible.

Because this wig is so full, I cut out like 3 rows then left 2 rows..cut 3 more rows...then left two rows
5) cut out almost half the wig to see a real difference
6) cut the back of the wig in a downward manner taking out the width not length of the wig

Now it is starting to look better. Left out just 2 inches, pinned up the middle and left the bottom down.

What I now have to do is cut out the comb in the front, try and possible flat twist my natural hair to make it blend better..and we will see but I see potential.  PICTURES to follow

In the picture below, bobby pins are pinning down the hair with the back hanging.

When you view the picture below, can you imagine wearing this wig with a headband in the front??? I see the potential.  Wink

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 03 2013 at 4:14pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 4:08pm
This is not the best picture...but see the side view of the wig

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 03 2013 at 4:10pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 9:41pm
Even thought I wear wigs, I am trying my best to care for my natural hair.  This video talks about what oils are best for different uses such as moisture, sealing, etc.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:09pm
found a cool video today showing how to use a half wig and make it into a ponytail. This wig is really good for natural sisters....also the video is blurry in some places but she is explaining very clearly which I love.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:43am
How to transform long wig to short wig....why - sometimes you see a wig and it is too long for YOU.  Don't let that deter you.  I love this style, I love the part in the hair but I wanted it shorter for work.  I will probably buy one and keep it long for certain occasions.

Click to close image, click and drag to move. Use arrow keys for next and previous.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 19 2013 at 12:51pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:48am
The wig above is from --- Model Model Natural Part Lace Front Sienna Wig - This wig cost around 30.00.

This wig is by model model which means....the colors are very dark.  I ordered a 2 and it is like a 1B. 
  • This wig requires tweaking whether you wear it long or cut it short.  If you wear it long, it is mostly tweezing the part.
  • If you plan to cut it short, you will need to thin out the wefts at the bottom.  I will show in pictures below.
  •  Also, TO ME...this wig looks best when you leave out some of your edges by the part and 
  • You are leaving out about 1/2 inch only on the side wear the part is then you part your hair wear the part is in the WIG....
  • please note this wig looks best with permed edges and I also flat ironed my edges.
  • This wig has a long part which helps it really look natural, I applied concealer on the part and tweezed out some of the hair to make the part a little more visible.
  • This wig looks very natural and I received a lot of compliments.
  • This wig is SHINY, you will need to tone down the shine via the speedstick deodorant method.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 19 2013 at 11:13am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:34am

How did I make the wig shorter to shoulder length for my office. This is a synthetic wig which means after it gets old it goes in the trash.

First step,  cut to desired length
  1. Put the wig on and see what length is right for you.  Use scissors (not office scissors...even if it is a cheap pair of scissors from BSS).
  2. Once cut you will notice that the bottom half of the wig, (BELOW your EARS) is thick and unnatural looking,  It should look very FULL.
  3. SO that means, if you WANT the wig to look more natural you will need to thin out or remove some of the wefts below the ear.
  4. How to do that...you will put the wig on a towel and you will go to the bottom of the wig (wear your neck would be) then you LEAVE then you DO NOT CUT THE BOTTOM 2 TRACKS.
  5. You find the 3rd track, and separate the hair so you can clearly see the row of the weft
  6. then you cut it as close to the weft without CUTTING the weft.  You don't want to cut the weft because it might affect the structure and stability of the wig.  Also cutting close to the weft but leaving a little hair ensures that you have no big chucks of open spaces.
  7. UNDERSTAND YOU ARE CUTTING THE HAIR  ENTIRE WEFT FROM THE RIGHT side of the wig all the way to the LEFT side of the wig. You are not just cutting one section of hair but full row 

Now take down the shine - I wont type the steps. You can find that above on page...ONE OF THIS SAME SUBJECT - HOW TO MAKE YOUR WIG LOOK IT BEST.  Speedstick method, laying hair flat on towel, placing hand flat on hair and rubbing back and forth which blends the white color of the speedstick into the hair and that tones down the shine dramtically

• Now, I put the wig on and you are going to put some layers in the sides, you won't need to do much, this wig is already layered.   Remember the re-directional cutting technique. 
  • this is the cutting method wear if you are cutting hair on the left side, you gather the section and pull it over your head to the right side, the cut the hair and it will fall in a layered manner.
  • I'll post a video below.
  • Then I tweezed  out some hair in the part, you don't need to use much.  You will later use your concealer.
  • At this point, the wig should be close to perfect. This is the point where I get my hairspray and spray the wig, for firmness.  So when I wear it the next day it's not all shaky shaky like a wet fish.

Pictures to follow - tiny pic is not working right now but I will post pictures shortly

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 19 2013 at 12:55pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:59am
Redirectional Cutting video - start at 8:20 - Notice here tips....and how she is pulling the hair to the opposite side of her head.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 19 2013 at 11:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>