Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 29>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 11:31am
My experiences with Motown Tress LG-22 Wig.  This is the wig in the video above.

First off, it is shiny as hellz.  you will need to do the deodorant trick
Two - It does not last over 2 weeks, and I took it off as soon as I got home.
Three - YES, I would be it again, because to me the curl pattern is nice but just KNOW FROM THE  START..... this is a wig that you must take care of, don't sleep in, take off when you get home and EXPECT it to be trash in 2 weeks.

PRICE - The price is under 25.00 so for the cost, even if it last 2 weeks it is still a good buy to ME!!
Because it does not LAST, I would not pay over 25.00 for this WIG. 

It is a discontinued wig and no longer made but it is still for sale at a few online places.  here are the links below.

all shades available on this site.

only 1B mix combination left

over priced site -

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 06 2013 at 11:34am
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 11:33am

Have you ever seen a wig color on a site and wondered, what color is 1b/118?  Well here is a link to a wig color chart.  Now this is a estimate and "guide" of what the color might look like.  This color chart is not for every brand.  But it gives you an idea what to expect.

The brand you buy, for example...Freetress....might be a little brighter or darker but this is just a guide.

sherry280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherry280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 9:16pm
There are many beautiful wigs. -
http://www.onlywig.com/ - http://www.onlywig.com/
sherry280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherry280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 9:18pm
Best cheap wigs.
http://www.onlywig.com/ - http://www.onlywig.com/
sherry280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherry280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 9:21pm
Best cheap wigs. -
http://www.onlywig.com/
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 7:42am
How to truly KNOW if a wig is shiny....

Many times we see reviews on You Tube and people say.... Oh, this wig is not shiny.

THEN WHEN I PURCHASE THE WIG, it is shiny like a grease ball.

The best way to check if a wig is shiny and to know....should I apply any product to the wig to dull the shine.  The best tip is to take the WIG outside.

GO to your window, deck whatever.  If you say, I can't a it carry a wig outside.  Get one of your tote bags, put the wig in the bag and THEN carry it outside.  THEN discretely pull out just some of the hair and you should be able to see if it look shiny.

hope this helps

For new posters ....to remove the shine, rub stick deodorant on hair, (speedstick) lay hair on bed on a towel, rub deodorant down on shaft of hair, then place hand on hair and rub up and down.  DO NOT LIFT hand of hair, do not pull out curls.  KEEP HAND FLAT on top of hair. 

THen move to another section, rub up and down until you do the entire wig.

This TIP IS FOR SYN WIGS ONLY THAT YOU PLAN TO WEAR AND TRASH. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 1:08pm
I'm sort of annoyed today with my wig.  Why can't these companies make a WIG that is perfect right out the package. 

Today I am wearing a new wig and I had to tweak it so much that I am not sure if I will purchase it again.  I had to remove wefts, the cut the width of the wig, then take out the shine, then spray to make it stop being so jiggly like  flopping fish...then tweak a little more last night....to get to the point of wearing this morning.  

The WIG I have on is - Janet collection - http://store.ebonyline.com/jcolkari.html

Janet Collection - Half Wig - Easy Kara - I have the picture below but it does not show the link is above.

Janet Collection Half Wig Easy Wig Kari
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 7:19pm
Well just as an update, the wig that I complained about above my well become my NEW STAPLE WIG.  As the wig got older, it looked better and better.  this week now makes week 3 and it still looks GOOD. 

Yes it was a job to get it "RIGHT" but the curls are so real looking and I am wearing my headband in the front so it looks really natural.  I have gotten a lot of compliments.

Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 12:28pm

Freetress LALA wig
i like it, but got daaayum i'm getting annoyed with her.  
I've been using the demert hair spray to keep it in place, but the back...shiiiiiiiiiettt Ouch

edit: no pic

Edited by Brownsugar1 - Aug 05 2013 at 12:29pm
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:56am
I keep saying I want to try this wig out...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 29>