BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 8:47pm
I was asked a question today at work....How do I start wearing wigs.  This was a younger sister that I talk to and I had told her that I wear wigs a few months ago.  So today the question came, how do I start. 

What a question and how to answer.  Well I thought this MUST be a question others have.  So here are my tips.  Now these are my tips....

1 - Decide what is your goal in wearing a wig - convenience and ease to get ready for work or school, will it be an accessory to you (like earrings), is your goal to look natural, do you not care if it looks natural, what are your goals.

2 - once you know your goals then you can purchase wigs that fit your desires.

3 - if your goal is ease then a syn. wig is your best choice.  WHY - no curling requirements, lasts at least 3 weeks or longer,  in my opinion, the curly syn wigs last the longest.  Keep in mind, when you first open the wig, it will more than likely LOOK TOO FULL.  You will have to cut out a few wefts to make the wig look more natural.  Tips are posted in earlier postings above.

5 - If you goal is MOST NATURAL wig - then you will need to focus your attention on HUMAN HAIR wigs but understand...the hair will lose it curl in humidity like natural hair, it will frizz up at times, you WILL NEED to either use rollers or hot curl.  So this means it will be more WORK for you to maintain.

5a- If your goal is a more natural looking wig you will also focus on the shorter wigs that are around the length or slightly longer than what would be "believable" as your natural hair.  For example, if your natural hair is shoulder length then a natural wig for you could be 2 inches below your shoulder.

For me, if my natural hair is NOT SHOULDER length then a natural wig for ME...might be shoulder length.

6 - Relaxing your hair, if your intention is to NOT relax then you have to also factor that in when selecting a wig.  I will find some more "natural" looking wigs and post them.  These wigs are going to be more "4C" and if you are blessed to be able to MATCH these wigs with your natural hair...then you are set.

7 - You are a younger sister and your goal is just..... style and wearing wigs as accessories.  This is a nice place to be in life.  ENJOY it while you can.  This means you are able to get some of the longer (16, 18, 20 inch) wigs because your goal is NOT for it to look like your natural hair.   There are some beautiful longer wigs that I would LOVE to wear but they are not age appropriate for ME.  CORRECTION:  Not appropriate for MY JOB.  I won't say, not age appropriate. 

What I think I will do at this POINT... is post some links to wigs from each category.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 02 2013 at 9:18pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 8:50pm
I'll start with - NATURAL WIGS...

Here are some links to natural wigs.  I'm going to try and find videos on YouTube which will not only show the wigs but show application and provide tips.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 8:59pm
Wigs that are curly and on the natural side but you will need to perm your edges. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:05pm
Now this here, are my FAVORITE TYPES OF WIGS.   I love these wigs and these are the wigs I wear on the weekend when going out with my HUBBY.  You know I got to be jazzy.  LOLLOLLOL

Sidenote, many of these sisters are wearing more expensive wigs BUT remember, we can find similar wigs under FREETRESS EQUAL. 

The style of the wig is what I'm looking at, we are not limited to getting the exact wig shown.
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:08pm
I do not know how old you are Sunshine but I am 34 and I rock all kinds of wigs for me wigs are accessory I like to have fun with my wigs. I wear different colors,styles,and Lengths. TOO me the most important thing when wearing a wig regardless of age or reason is CONFIDENCE be confident in who you are and what you are never let someone make you feel bad about something you wear. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:12pm
Now here are the lace cap wigs parting tips - which was helpful to me.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

I do not know how old you are Sunshine but I am 34 and I rock all kinds of wigs for me wigs are accessory I like to have fun with my wigs. I wear different colors,styles,and Lengths. TOO me the most important thing when wearing a wig regardless of age or reason is CONFIDENCE be confident in who you are and what you are never let someone make you feel bad about something you wear. 

You are exactly RIGHT, I had to go back and make a correction.  The correct wording was some wigs are not appropriate for MY JOB, not age appropriate because that is a personal preference. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 4:13pm
False Concept - I want a wig that is perfect right out the package?  Is this possible.

Honestly, that is a rarity.  I can't tell you one wig that I have purchased that was PERFECT out the package.

Here is a good video that talks about tweaking your wig.

What things do I do to tweak MY WIGS

1 - CUT Length shorter to shoulder length for WORK
2 - thin out the wig by cutting out WEFTS (not cutting wig but close as possible to weft line)
3 - a must MUST...MUST...is to tone down the SHINE.    I have not bought ONE WIG that I have not had to tone down the SHINE.  In the house...is a false sense of REALITY...when you get OUTSIDE in the SUN LIGHT or are at work, you would be SURPRISED how a wig can look SHINY.  Especially the SYN. WIGS. 
4 - Cut my razor comb and frame my face or make more layers.

So the point of this posting is....very FEW WIGS are perfect out the package and I find the people who do NO TWEAKING...their wigs SCREAM....I'm wearing a WIG.....I'm wearing a WIG.

Hope this helps....I'd love to hear others tips because I have a lot to learn myself.  I'm far from an EXPERT!!!

here is a helpful video.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 04 2013 at 4:24pm
kigukawaii30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kigukawaii30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 10:57pm
I like how wigs transition your appearance. I've cosplayed a few times and wigs are always amplifying my looks and characteristics. Sometimes I've browse http://cosplaysushi.com/ which would I get some of my costumes
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 10:41am
I got  a lovely thank you PM message and I really appreciated your comments.  Sometimes I feel like...who is reading this....but it is nice to know that someone finds this helpful.

How I wear my wig to WORK.  I think for ME....at work I don't want my wigs to be the center of attention. I know people KNOW I wear wigs cause I tell people who ask.  NOT THE MEN, of course.  But at work I try and keep the same length (or around the same length) and I try and wear the same color or if I do a mixed wig, I try and wear that for a few weeks.

Here is a video that shows how I ....LIKE to wear my wigs to work.  Also their are some good tips.  this is also an example of if you LOVE a wig, stock up.  I'm not sure if this wig is still made but the point of this video is to show the styling.

If you find the music offensive, hit mute at certain points but DONT MISS the LESSON based on the music.  LEARN the tips which were helpful to ME!!

here is another video showing how I wear my HAIR to work 99% of the time.  Go to 5.00 to pass the makeup and other hair tips.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 06 2013 at 11:00am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 31>