BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:57am
I popped into the weave board and was reading and it made me think...thank GOD I wear wigs cause to ME it is so much easier.

Once the tracks are sewn in that is just the beginning.

Last night I used my curling iron and curled my RPG show wig then a tip I learned from you tube it to let the curls COOL totally, so I curled the hair while on my head. 

I curled the front and sides.
then it put it on a wig head
used my "T" wig pins to secure and curled the  back.
Then I let the wig sit and cool for say 1/2 hour (which is more than long enough)
I washed off my makeup etc. after a hard day at work.
Then I used my flexi-rods and put various size flexi rods in the hair.
The flexi rods remained in the wig overnight
This morning I took out the rods and my hair came out GREAT.

A few months ago, I did the flexi rods overnight without curling first and I found that they DROPPED so fast.  Then I learned the tip above from You tube and it really works.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 10:07am
Well today I had to perm my edges.  Here is why...

I last permed m edges in early March.  I had been applying my edge control etc. and last week I was at work and looked in the mirror and my edges look a mess.  My edges looked good when I left the house but by noon I was looking like don king.

Perm:  I use non expensive perms from the store.  I am only perming the first 2 inches of the hair so why invest in expensive perm.

Amount of my hair permed - 1  1/2 to 2 inches straight across the front from ear to ear

Purpose: I am a 4C type hair and I do not wear my wigs with none of my hair  out.  I always leave out some hair and depending on the wig - I might leave out 1/2 inch to 2 full inches when wearing my head bands.

Appearance - When my edges are permed it just makes the wig blend better and not shout...WIG ALERT....

How often to perm - for ME, I notice I can go 3 -4 months.

hope this helps!!!

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 4:55pm
i stick to full wigs MissSunshine.  i'm a fine 4c, and i did the perm.  Unfortunately, even after perming, my hair did not match any hair textures.  It was still coily/kinky, thus for straight styles, i had to not only perm, but also use heat.Confused

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 9:58am
Moisturizing your natural hair

I recently found out about the LOC METHOD and wow what a difference it has made on my hair.  My hair is so moisturized.  I see am difference and I hope for long term success.

LOC means Liquid, OIL and then adding a crème.  Here is a link to several videos from you tube that was so helpful for me.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:07pm

Tips on wearing wigs for the first time.  This video is from a white lady in London.  It is long but she has very good points for NEW WIG WEARS.  I want you to focus on the message and be willing to understand that her tips are good and sent with experience.  I wish I had seen a video like this when I first started with half wigs.  GOD is so GOOD, you tube is such a blessing and the younger sister dont realize that not that long ago, in the early 2000's their was NO YOU TUBE to watch and learn.

I have learned so much while before it was if a "friend" wanted to help you and tell you "their" trick otherwise...most of the time...most women would not "help". 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:34pm
I just got a brainy idea.   I am going to post links of you tube sisters who have helped me greatly with tips, techniques, comments, ways to style, brand of wigs to try etc.  This is in no particular order because GOD has blessed me with finding all of them.

This video is showing a tip to gel your edges before applying wig.  I have not done it this way before but I see the potential and I see it is a good idea.  Remember, don't stop at just this one video this sister has a lot of good videos and tips.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:38pm
Here are some general good information videos showing how to measure for lace wigs, etc.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:56pm
Now this LADY HERE....MS. DEZI.....Has helped me GREATLY.  She is in my age range, and she is one of the first people who taught me...take out as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.  I used to take out more hair and I still do at times but I now that....I have OPTIONS. 
Also watch some of her other videos.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 8:25am
Here is a video about creating baby hair on lace wigs. 

what I love about DEZI is ....she explains so clearly.  She tells you the products.  She has great videos.  Here earlier videos from say 2-3 years back is a lot of half wigs.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 9:08am
I decided to compile a short list of the wigs that are normally darker in color than you expect.  Now I can only talk about the black shades such as 1 and 1B.  I do not wear the blonds etc.

SO this list is wig companies that historically if you order a 1B it looks like a 1
So if you want a 1B with any of these companies you need to order a 2.

These TIPS are from my personal experience ordering wigs.  These are wig I ordered and when I received it the 1B was super dark so NOW....KNOW with the brand go up to the 2 if I want a 1B shade.

Companies - WIGS THAT ARE SUPER DARK - these are the companies to order a lighter shade

Freetress SYN WIGS are SUPER DARK, a 1b in Freetress is like a jet black 1
IF you want a 1b with Freetress THEN YOU ORDER A  2 

Outre SYN WIGS - same as above
Hug

COMPANIES - Wigs that are exactly the shade of 1B
VANESSA SYN WIGS

Star

COMPANIES - WIGS ARE NOT SUPER DARK - 1B IS A LITTLE ON THE LIGHTER SIDE FOR A 1B 
NOW UNDERSTAND, not overly brown - the wigs look like 1B but a lighter 1B

SENSATIONAL HUMAN WIG
RPG SHOW HUMAN WIGS

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jun 29 2013 at 9:09am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair