Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 31>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 11:21am
Honestly why are washing the Wig so much that why the it has no shine. You can try some Demert's wig spray or some oil free wig shine and see if that helps. I do not advise washing wig but unless it is human.
Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 5:42pm
thanks Tousha..

Smile

Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 2:27pm
Thanks for this post.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 8:16am
Normally I get my natural hair braided under my wig.  Well, I was not feeling too good so I cancelled my appointment.  I went on You tube and saw this sister's video of a temporary fix when you can't get your hair braided or don't have the time.  This is a way to mold your hair (natural) and make it lay flat.

I tried this method today and it does work.  Please focus on the concept being taught.

what you will need - stockening cap and paddle  brush

You may want to mute the music ....focus on technique

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jun 01 2013 at 8:18am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2013 at 6:04pm
Okay, I want to explain the technique above.

I washed my hair
towel dried slightly so my hair was not dripping wet
used paddle brush and brushed it straight back

then I put on the net wig cap and let the hair air dry
now my plan of action is to wear my headband styles

so I put gel around my edges with hands, did not brush
then put net wig cap back on and let is continue to air dry

why did it come out PERFECT.  MY EDGES and my entire head is so FLAT!!!ClapClapClapClap

I just can't believe it.  I'm so pleased so this is a nice option when I can't get my hair braided and/or don't have the money.Embarrassed
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 5:06am
I would like to add  to put some OIL on your hair before you brush it back and put the wig cap on please. Also put some more oil on when nightly to moisturize and seal.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 3:28pm
LA - thank you for the great tip.  I will do that.  This tip about the wig cap on brushed back hair will work for people with shorter hair.  If you hair is longer, you might need to "wrap" it first while wet and then put on the wig cap to flatten your hair.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 12:42pm
Well I am back to report on using a net wig cap or wig cap to "mold" your hair.  This method does work but I received a PM about how long does it last.

First, this method does not compare to getting your hair braided.
This is a quick method to mold down your hair under a wig when you don't want to or don't have the money to get your hair braided.

It last about 3-4 days if you continue to put a scarf on at night.

When it started to puff up a little, I used that night as a quick cowash and did the method again.

For ME, this is a great method cause I was paying that lady to braid my hair and yes it lasted, and YES ...I will go to her again but RIGHT NOW...I'm use that money to pay some bills and I'm keep doing this for a while.

I hope this helps. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 12:58pm
Today I wore my RPG Show wig number 2. This is the one that I messed up trying to "cut" in a fancy style based on my "You tube" watching but not a hair stylist action.

Well, I tried the crimping method and it was okay.  I ended up using my hot roller and making it a basic bob.  Nothing fancy, simple, something I could do and maintain.  I have gotten a lot of compliments today. 

People can't believe that it is a wig.  I of course purchased yaky hair.  I hope to post a picture soon, even if it is just the wig. 

1 - I did use my twezzer and pluck some hairs from my part as I learned on you tube and
2 - I did use Mac concealor in the little pot (in my shade) and dabbed some on the part. 
3 - I did the top side and bottom side and
4 - I also parted my own hair under the wig and I don't have on a wig cap.
5 - I did secure with pins
6 - It is a little big in size 2 but....as my hair "grows" I thought better a little too big then paying all these money and in 2 years you can't wear it cause it is too small.  i have heard of that happening after a big chop.
7 - I don't wear my RPG show wigs every day or all the day...these have to last me a LIFETIME!!!!!

Well, I hope this helps you  Big smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:46am
Just as a reminder....COLORS and shades are different with various vendors.

Last night I received an OUTRE Lacefront wig in the mail.  The color I ordered was a 1B.  That wig looked like a super dark 1.

SO keep in mind certain companies the wig shades are darker.  I wish I had ordered a 2 which would have been a 1B. 

I have purchased Janet Collection wigs (my staple) Easy Vera and that 1B is a 1B because I have also purchased the 2 and it is a true 2.

RPG Show wigs, the 1B is to me a dark dark 2.  It is not as dark as my easy vera.

Vanessa wigs, their 1B is a true 1B also.

But Outre, remember you want a 1B order a 2,  You want a 1 order a 1B.  I can't even IMAGINE what the 1 Wig looks like if the 1B is so so dark.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 31>