Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 32>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 12:33pm

As many of you know, I have 3 RPG Show wigs.  I have one cut with a swoop bang and loose curls, one that I have not done anything with so it is brand new, and one that I tried to cut bangs in and MESSED THEM UP....so hence it is fuxked up.

SO the moral of the story is....

with these RPG show or any human non cut  in style lace wigs....if you are not a good cutter DO NOT TRY AND DO ANYTHING WIThOUT STUDYING VARIOUS VIDEOS ONLINE.

tHE BANG IS JUST A MESS so all I'm going to do is try to wear it back with a headband.  I think it is cut too short.

IF in doubt, either keep it simple or pay a stylist or someone to cut the wig. I had to remind my self that some of the utube ladies are stylist so it looks so easy for them.

The last wig I have I am not opening for now it is for the future and I will get it cut by a stylist.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 6:58pm
I sewed in the elastic inside my RPG show wig.  THe wig cap was a little too big.  Guess what, it really works.  But even though it "FELT" secure, I just could not stop myself from putting a few pins in the hair.  I just wanted to be double secure. I'm too old to look crazy and I'd die if my wig fell off at work or on the train.

Here is a videos that showed me the process -

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 1:33am
Do You Always Wear A U Part Wig In The Same Place.....Or Can You Shift It To Wear It In A Side Part???? I Want To Cut Open A Slf That Is ToO Small. Sorry About All The Caps......I Am On My Dumb Phone And I Can't Make Out Stop.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 5:24pm
In my opinion one can swith a U part to a side part but the tricky part is how is the hair cut because once you move the wig it might look longer on one side and you will have to tweak and cut the wig to make it look passable. 

For that reason, I have wigs cut for different things...so one cut in a U part and the same wig in a second purchase cut as a side part. 

Wigs are VERY helpful but they are really not as flexible as we want sometimes.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 8:19am
I am currently wearing one of my staple wigs, Vanessa top cassey.  This wig is full and it requires me to remove some of the wefts because it is too full to me right out the package.  Well it is syn. and I have worn it for a week and some of the curls dropped and it was starting  to look frizzy.  I was watching you tube and I saw a video where the poster sprayed a little   jerry curl spray just on the section and scrunch with hands.  Then you put it on your wig head.  It did work and it gave the hair some shine.

PLEASE DO NOT STEP IN THE MORNING, IT MIGHT DRIP AND YOU WANT IT TO DRY OVERNIGHT.  THE POSTER MENTIONED THAT IN THE VIDEO.

Now this will not save a wig you have had for months, laying on the floor in a ball of dust.  This will only work on a wig in decent shape.  Also I would not do this every day you only need to do this once in a while.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:04am
This weekend I did a test on my messed up RPG Show wig.  As I posted earlier.... I attempted to cut the hair without watching You TUbe videos and I MESSED IT UP.

I was like what am I going to do.  So I remembered that I have a 3 barrel crimping iron.  I know this is  OLD school and not a popular style but I crimped up the hair.  FIrst a few weeks ago I put the hair in the shower under water to flatten it down and remove all my curls and MESS.

THen I let it dry and I did not revisit if for a few weeks.  THen on Saturday I got out my flatiron and flat ironed on the high temp. and then I crimped it.  It came out good to ME.  I tried it on and I can see it working. 

Thank goodness cause I was like I'm find a way to save this wig.  What helped me greatly was the wig stand that you attach to your table.  I was able to sit on my couch, watch a movie and crimp the hair.  This is so much better than standing in the bathroom and this will be my new plan of action when I style wigs.

Here is the link for the wig stand clamp - TIP - it might seem hard to attach to the table but it is easy.

Here is the crimping video.  Focus on the concept, it was helpful to me.  Speed up to 1:15

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:12am
WHY WAS I LOOKING LIKE A GREASY CHICKEN HEAD...

Today I was getting ready and I took out my staple, Janet - Easy Vera.  Why did I forget to use my powdered deodorant to take down some of the shine.

WHY was I looking like a greasy chicken head outside.  DAMN.... I should have known better, how could I FORGET of all people.

Just as a reminder....
If you are wearing a syn. wig, please get your powdered deordorant, rub it over the hair, rub your hand back and forth on the hair, and then the shine will have gone way down.

Then apply to head, style, add your wig net spray and GO

Now keep in mind, this technique is for syn hair only and CHEAP WIGS THAT YOU DON'T PLAN TO WASH AND REUSE.  THIS IS FOR WIGS THAT AT 50.00 OR LESS AND WHEN THE WIG IS DONE YOU PLAN TO JUST TRASH IT.

Here is the type of deodorant I use - I USE POWDER SCENT OR UNSCENTED.  DON'T USE ANY WILD SCENT.  YOU CAN ALSO USE MEN'S SPEEDSTICK.  THE point is the powder and you are able to control the amount on the hair better with the applicator then using loose powder.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:11pm
After my fiasco yesterday of the greasy chicken head wig with the shine. This morning I attempted to add my deodorant to tone down the shine.  MISTAKE...

Well what I had done to the wig was I had spray the Denier Wig Net Spray.  So the wig was firm then to go on top of that with the deodorant method was a mistake.

It left white stuff looking like dandruff.

So the lesson is....make sure you do the tone down the shine method FIRST before you do any sprays of any kind.

Another lesson learned.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:14pm
i'm sorry MissSunshine, but that "greasy chicken head" phrase kept making me crack up!LOL

I wear a synthetic wig, but it's in a #4.  after wearing/washing it every week, i noticed that the color dulled quite a bit.  Is it a possibility that the darker the shade the higher the shine?

The wig is an R&B Indigo..  It's medium sized ringlets all over..

yeah, i know, kind of like little orphan annie...

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 32>
  Share Topic