FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2017 at 7:12pm

Hey Ladies --- You may be asking Sun.... How is your fasting going????

Well, well, I did good about two days, but then I messed up yesterday so I just started again. I'm doing the 16:8 method and I am also trying to drink more during the fasting timeframe when I get to work.

How it has helped me is I'm more aware of what I'm eating so if I break the fast, I try not to eat a "LOT" like a sandwich but say cheesestick and a piece of fruit.

This man on the tube had encouraging points, to just get back on track and keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7oeuFSaF0I&t=548s

Edited by sunshine321511 - Sep 08 2017 at 7:13pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2017 at 7:36pm
Turban Tutorial...

DO you have somewhere to go, but don't want to wear your wig, possibly to church, a wedding, baby shower....and you don't know what to do.... you don't want to try and "mess" with your natural hair, you want a break from your wig......but you want a more "dressy" appearance.

what would you do, well here is an option....

See our Jewish sister with her new sequin edge turban from Wrapunzel. This is the owner and wow, what a turban.

This item comes in black, white and cream.

I can see this being worn to a wedding with a nice dress or suit, I see the potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sBKoDfRcs

Edited by sunshine321511 - Sep 08 2017 at 7:40pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2017 at 2:14pm

SKINCARE....Skincare

I have been working on my skin for a while. I suffered from acne in the past which unless you constantly monitor it will 1) return and 2) always leads to hyperpigmentation.

Now a time comes where you have to go to the dermatologist, sometimes you just can't clear up an medical situation with over the counter items.

So now that I'm getting older I don't break out that much 1-2 during cycle, but I have never had the clear perfect skin that some ladies have.

I've always worked on my skin with peels but for the last few months I've been adding serums. I want to share a website with you that reviews beauty products from a medical stand point.

It is so easy to get caught up in the Hype to realize, hey this product is over priced of not that good.

Name of Site: beautypedia.com

https://www.beautypedia.com/

How to find reviews: Click on brand, then find the brand you are looking for, then scroll down the pages to the specific product

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2017 at 2:17pm
What is serum?
Serum is a skincare product you can apply to your skin after cleansing but before moisturizing with the intent of delivering powerful ingredients directly into the skin. Serum is particularly suited to this task because it is made up of smaller molecules that can penetrate deeply into the skin and deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients. This makes them a great tool for targeting specific skincare concerns, like wrinkles. Goodbye, signs of aging!

Is serum a moisturizer?
Yes and no. Serums can be chock-full of moisturizing ingredients (hyaluronic acid, ceramides) to help skin retain moisture. But, that doesn't make them moisturizers in the traditional sense. Face lotions and creams are richer and create a barrier on top of the skin to keep all that good stuff in.

Is serum right for your skin?
Probably. Get to know your ingredients first. If you're...
Acne-prone: Look for vitamin C (increases collagen production, enhances skin’s repair process, and reduces inflammation), retinol (also an antioxidant, reduces inflammation), zinc (soothes irritation, regulates oil production), and salicylic acid (unclogs pores).

Dry: Look for vitamin E (an antioxidant, protects cells from oxidative damage), niacinamide (improves skin elasticity, increases ceramide levels in skin), glycolic acid (gently exfoliates and lightens discoloration), and hyaluronic acid (retains moisture).

Feeling dull: Look for antioxidants like green tea extract, resveratrol, ferulic acid (these combat free radicals, increase effectiveness of sunscreen by day, and promote cellular repair and healing by night).

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2017 at 2:19pm
Serums break me OUT!!!

Well, this was my story so I googled how to use serums and I was using them WRONG, I was putting my serum on DRY SKIN.

Now that might work for some ladies but I would always BREAK OUT after using a serum.

How to use serums....

Follow these 5 tips to get the most out of your serum.

1. Cleanse Well The active ingredients in skin serums will stick to dirt and dead skin, so for maximum absorption be sure to wash your face properly before applying. Use tepid water—hot water could make your skin perspire which inhibits absorption and cold water will close pores, blocking the serums’ goodness.

2. Apply to Damp Skin Some say that moist skin is 10 times more permeable than dry skin, so apply serum to damp skin after cleansing or mist skin with an alcohol-free toner for quick, deep absorption. Press serum into skin with an open palm instead of fingertips to release active ingredients.

3. Less is More Serums are super concentrated. To get your money’s worth, use just a few drops or a dollop smaller than a pea. Any more is a hasty waste.

**** Less is really more, after my face is washed, I use a wash cloth and pat it dry, then I put one drop - three drops and massage it in.

I don't move forward to other things, I just wait a while then later in the night add any other product such as a moisturizer or retin a.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Sep 10 2017 at 2:20pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2017 at 10:05am

As many of you know, Equifax was hacked. This is a US Credit Reporting database so this won't apply to my sisters in the UK and other countries.

Do you know how to check if your information was compromised.

See the attached article which has a link for you to enter your data to see.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/07/pf/victim-equifax-hack-how-to-find-out

If you just want to get straight to the page to find out and not read the article see the information below:

You must submit your last name and last six digits of your Social Security number there. At that point you'll be given a date when you can return to the site and sign up for the service.

Link: Click Potential Impact Red Box at bottom of page
https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

Next step:
I have had a freeze on my credit report for years, so no one can open credit unless I call Equifax and lift my block. You can lift your block for 1 day, 2 weeks, and you are given a calendar to tell them when you want the block put back on. If you want to put your credit, or your CHILDS credit on a freeze (which is wise for your children especially). There are so many young people who have family members put things in their names and then at 21 they find out their credit is messed up.

Link to freeze credit:

https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze/jsp/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2017 at 2:05pm

If anyone can come online now OPM is doing a seminar on how to interview for Federal JOBS.

Here is the link.... it started at 3:00 PM EST

https://opm.adobeconnect.com/interviewing/?launcher=false

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2017 at 2:14pm
The name of the training is -- Interview Techniques

www.OPM.gov

might have it available for viewing later.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2017 at 9:49am
MUSIC MUSIC....

If you are at work and you want to listen to some music different from your collection. Here is a brother on YouTube who has great music. He is more like a DJ who compiles various artists but I enjoy him.

It take a lot of time to make these videos, so I appreciate his efforts.

Brother John's Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEi_gUElWzA

Another Brother that is great is: Dr. SaxLOVE

He has more jazz but also mellow R&B. I listen to him at work to tune out the "DRAMA" of the office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX8HxO-ylHU&t=1316s

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 3:13pm

Mary J Blige - Collection of her various songs by DameDash

This is a mix of so many Mary songs you kind of forget if you have not heard them in a long time. I forgot so many of these songs...enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gQ6GaEkaBI

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!! .

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899>
  Share Topic