FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 126>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:26pm
How to wear you wig in a ponytail -

The things you will need
1 - wig, 2 - Hair pins, 3- Scarf, 4 - Scrunchie (black), 5 - mirror to see how it looks all the way  around

How to put wig in pony tail -

Now this video shows options on how to tie the scarf.  Now all these ideas may not apply but I leave a bang in the front and tie the scarf more to the middle and tuck the ends. here is a link

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jan 02 2013 at 2:35pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:51pm
Pictures of final look - 

I wear my wig in the style of picture one and three.  But two is a good idea that I will look into.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jan 02 2013 at 2:58pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:56pm
Where to purchase scarfs for hair and what size do you look for -

Okay, we all know you can get scarfs in forever 21, target, etc. 

But I found a few cute prints that you may not know about -

Vera Bradley sells cloth dinner napkins in cute prints.  I have bought a few and wear them in my hair.  Vera Bradley stores are at most larger malls, as well as you can order items off amazon.Now use your imagination, these are prints but they are vibrant and look so good with jeans, leggings and a sweater, etc.

Here is the link - below

Now this gave me an idea, so I went on amazon and ordered a pack of12 cloth dinner napkins, the size is 20 X 20 in solid colors and they also look great.  Please check your local walmart, sears, jcpenney, target etc for cloth dinner napkins.

Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by shamieya shamieya wrote:

Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Fall and Winter....Hats and WIGS
The fall is my favorite time of year for wearing all my hats.  If you have a wig that is "old" or looks too fake...don't throw it away.  Put it in your "hat" wig category.  One the weekend, when running to the mall or going out...one of my staple fall outfits is some boots, a nice bright colored coat/jacket, a cute hat and my wig.  Here are some pictures ideas....

Crochet Cap or Slouch Hat Adult Medium to Large Daisy and Feathers Turned up BrimSlouch Bubble Beret Crochet Pattern.Permission to sell finished items.Crochet Pattern Ribbed Slouchy Beret - Avery

Pattern Knit Slouch Hat

Yesssss! I'm so ready for hat season!

Same even though I live in a hot place. Most hats are too small, I have a big head.Thumbs Down Thanks for the tips. I am checking out Yesstyle again they have a good sale going on especially on hats and hair things.
I may get some of these.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:18pm
Hey Starry - THanks for the links, I was not familar with this site at all.  THANKS!!!
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 5:56pm
^^Your welcome.Tongue
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:50am

Planning to take a cruise next month -

Next month I'm going on a cruise, I'm not sure how I'm going to wear my hair but we KNOW...that if you are taking the plane you should NOT secure your hair with pins.

My trip is Feb 14 so I am planning now.

I ordered 1 fridaynight wig to see how it would look, I have several ideas...either I'm going to sew down a U part wig, I'm going to sew down a lace wig or I"m going to sew down a half wig.

The purpose of this post is to remind everyone....plan ahead...if you know you are traveling don't wait until the week before your trip to order hair.  Order a few weeks in advance.

I'll post an update of what I end up doing.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:54am
If you find a wig, that you really like....and it fits your face shape.....I encourage you to order several.

On youtube when I see a video of a sister in a wig that I like.... I save the video in my playlist.  I was going thru the videos and you would be surprised how many wigs that I like are no longer made.

So just keep that in mind, wigs have a cycle and after a while unless you are wearing a very popular wig like "bally girl" for example...your wig might be discountinued.

I have a staple wig called Top Cassey and she has been discountinued so....when I found out I order like 8 and I have them in a plastic crate in the pacakging in my garage.    So if you have a favorite occasionally buy one and put it aside when your funds permit.

hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 5:29pm
Good tip Sunshine!
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

If you find a wig, that you really like....and it fits your face shape.....I encourage you to order several.

On youtube when I see a video of a sister in a wig that I like.... I save the video in my playlist.  I was going thru the videos and you would be surprised how many wigs that I like are no longer made.

So just keep that in mind, wigs have a cycle and after a while unless you are wearing a very popular wig like "bally girl" for example...your wig might be discountinued.

I have a staple wig called Top Cassey and she has been discountinued so....when I found out I order like 8 and I have them in a plastic crate in the pacakging in my garage.    So if you have a favorite occasionally buy one and put it aside when your funds permit.

yep, i agree.. My "go to wigs" for work at Stella(HH) and Ann Wig (Synthetic).  to be honest, i bought the Ann by accident when the Stella suddenly became popular and the price went up, or discontinued on some sites. 

Knowing that i will be using this wig everyday, i bought 3 of each to rotate out each week .. Didn't wish to buy a lot because i'm sure i'll get tired of the style in a year..

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 126>
  Share Topic