BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make Your Wig Look it's BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 8:23pm
Expensive WIgs vs Cheap Wigs....which one looks better

I was on You Tube today and was watching a few videos and the poster was reviewing a 300.00 wig.
It made me think, I hope my sisters don't think this is required.

Well my 2 cents is....I have seen cheaper wigs look better than expensive wigs.  WHY...

The application. Just because you spend 350.00 for a wig does not mean it is flattering to your face shape, it does not mean the color looks good on your complexion, if you have not permed your edges and a blind man can tell that it does not blend...how is that the best purchase.

All my wigs are less than 60.00.  I don't have any expensive wigs.  Except 2 lace wig that are in individuals which I will wear when I get some individuals put around my front edges.

To me, the key to a good wig is blending and flattering to your face.  It may seem like a waste for some, some natural sister refuse to do it, but I believe perming my edges makes my wigs look so much better. 

Today I received one of the nicest compliments from a coworker...she complimented my hair and I told her it was a wig. And she said you would never know cause it blended so well, and she could never tell when I had a wig on, or my natural hair out that everything blends so seamlessly.

That was one of the best compliments of the year for ME.. That is what we want.  We don't want everyone to know the  when's, whats and how of OUR HAIR...just that it looks nice and BLENDS...

Sponsored Links

femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 8:04pm
Good post on the expensive/cheap wigs.

i bought 3 wigs from Beauty of New York.  Each of them were about $40.00  average. 

I decided to support a "sistah" named Sherri Shepard who apparently is hair obsessed - and bought this wig called "Full-on Curls".. $75.00 with shipping.

The moment i took it out of the box, i knew that EXPENSIVE wig was a mistake.  damn.. it's synthetic with these huge curls everywhere.  it is absolutely BIG HAIR for a short wig.  It's mostly "large" at the crown.  

According to Wigs.com (the wig experts) it's ready to wear?  don't do it.  I had to soak the wig 3x to relax those curls, and it's STILL big. It's very curly..but too much..

I'm thinking of cutting this wig specifically at the crown, but i heard that's a no no..

The other 3 wigs named "Rona?"  they were cheaper, and i get a lot of looks and compliments when i wear it.

the "Full-on curls"?  my SO told me "Use it as a back up - only!"LOL

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Oct 03 2012 at 8:06pm
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2012 at 8:12pm

now that i'm looking at the pic of that "Full-on Curls" wig?  that wig is the same size as the model's head.
honeybee10 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 11:48am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 8:16pm
Half Wig and (Braids) individuals in the Front...

WEll, I decided to post my latest hair style.  I am wearing my favorite, Easy Vera - here is the link

But I went to a braider up the street and got individuals put in the front of my hair.  The braids are from the ear forward so about 2 inches. 

WHy - Just to give my hair a break.  I noticed that my edges had thinned a little when I had in my U part wig.  I wanted to take a break from the perms and I said...what can I do...

SO....I said just put some braids in the front.  Then with my hair in the back, she just did 5 big braids going straight back.

What type of braided hair to buy - I bought human hair and only needed 1 pack and a little of another pack.  I used human hair because I wanted the option of being able to curl my hair.  I also bought the human hair that had a body curl.  Now I'm not talking about wet/ wavy but the human hair that has a body curl or loose curl pattern.

WHy did I need a pack and 1/4 - because I asked the braider to use as much hair as possible for the braids to ENSURE that it would be full enough to cover the wig.  I have done this several times and you don't want to get your hair braided to then don't have enough to cover the hump or wig.

What COlor Hair and What COlor Wig - Just make sure they match, I did 1B wig and 1 human hair - in this particular wig the 1B was a little shiney and the 1 human hair matched it better.  You have to really take your wig with you when you buy the braiding hair.

How am I wearing my hair:

Well, I have been wearing it pinned up in the top and just hanging in the back.  Here is an example  -

If the picture does not appear - it is a half up half down hairstyle - You just gather the top and pin it and leave the back curls hanging down.

Hair Accessories - I have just work nice hair clips in the back and glitter hair combs.

What does the hair look like - It looks like a person with styled individuals.  Some people might think that it is not fully braided but I like it and I have received a lot of compliments.

At night - I take the half wig off and pin a scarf and bonnet down over my braids.

How Long- I plan to keep it in for at least 4-5 weeks.

Half Updos, Half up Half down Hairstyles">
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 1:08pm
Personally, I think the best wigs are handmade. They lay flatter to your scalp and are made to fit your head shape, hairline and face. While it costs more than $40 to have one made it's well worth it in the end. I have wigs that are almost two years old that are still wearable.  Take it from me, I've worked at the BSS and purchased many synthetic wigs, if you're a serious wig wearer (daily usage) the best way to go is to invest in a handmade human hair wig. You'll save $100s in the end.   
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 1:00pm
Here is a picture of my braided front - half wig in the back hairstyle.  I hope this helps.

View Full Size Image

View Full Size Image

Edited by sunshine321511 - Oct 31 2012 at 1:01pm
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Here is a picture of my braided front - half wig in the back hairstyle.  I hope this helps.

View Full Size Image

View Full Size Image

Did you make this or Buy it IF you bought it from WHERE AND WHAT IS THE NAME AND HOW MUCH PLEASE?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 6:11pm
The picture above is a half wig with individuals braided in the front. 
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 6:50pm
My fault I did 
not read your other post I understand now
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures