FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:37am

Changing texture of wig hair -

By texture, I mean making the wig not look so silky, babydoll hair and changing it to corse more natural afro-american hair texture.  This will work on SYN WIGS ONLY.

This will not eleviate shine but only texture.

First off, this does not work with all syn. wigs.  I tried this on my Vanessa Wig and this brand wig provided the most noticable difference.  I have done this on motown tress and it did not get as course, I also did this on freetress and I did see a difference in texture but not as much as the vanessa brand wigs.

Please do not do this with an expensive wig for the first try. 

What I did:
I did my normal, cute open my lace wig to make a U part

Re-Rolled the hair with hard rollers, did not add any product
Did the normal boiling water process
Full instructions in one of the postings above

After taking wig out of pot of water
Let some of water drip off and put on towel
Turn on hard hat dryer

NOW THIS IS THE KEY PART -
I put the hard hat dryer at the highest and hottest setting
Now wig is laying rollers up on the towel
You lay your hard hat dryer down over the wig

I let the dryer run for like 40 minutes at the hottest temp. with rollers facing up
Then I turned it over with the inside wefts and let it dry for say 20 minutes at the hottest temp.

THen I turned off the dryer and let the rollers sit in the wig for a while.
THen when I took the rollers out the hair texture was super CORSE and YAKY like natural afro-american hair.

What wig did I use -
Vanessa Top Lace Wig Ivan

I cut it open to a U part
After the process above, the wig was too full
I had to cut out wefts, starting at the bottom.
This made the wig look much more natural.
Hair looks dull afterwards, I used wig sheen and sprayed to bring a little shine.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 03 2012 at 9:45am
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:57am
How to secure your wig  with CONFIDENCE....

I always say - its better to overpin and be more secure then worry.

Here are some tips:
The wig may have combs but don't EVER EVER RELY on them.
Use Bobby pins not open hair pins. link below of a bobby pin.
I use long bobby pins around the sides and several small bobby pins around the entire head.
What I mean,
SO I might have 2 in the front on each side,
One in front and behind the ear
at the nape, have several small bobby pins
For extra security, you can always lift up the wefts in the back middle of your hair, and add a few bobby pins across the length of the weft.
These steps should make you feel secure and you will be SECURE!!!
LINK: what is a bobby pin -
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 3:19pm
Received a PM about what is easier cutting a lace wig open or making a U part wig -

For ME, I'd say cutting a lace wig open is 100000% easier because remember, when you make your own U part wig, that is just the starting point....you still have to cut, layer, curl hair  and style....plus the cost of the hair.

While if you buy a regular lace wig and cut it open.....guess what, the wig is already styled, layered and curled.  At most, I use my weave needle and sew in my flat wig combs by MHRW International, and its a complete.  I can make a U part lace wig in 5 minutes, if I choose to re-curl it that is an option.  If I choose to add a track at the part area, that is an option.  I don't even have to really use the MHRW wing combs - one could use bobby pins and secure the wig. 

But I do encourage purchasing the MHRW super flat wig combs, they just make it easier.

I re-curl my syn wigs in hot water and wear it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. 

SO for me, I attempted to make my own U part following the hype on YOU TUBE and it took me like 2 hours to sew th hair, then I had to still cut, layer, and curl...I made the mistake of not buying various layers of hair...and it was just a mess.

NEVER AGAIN for me,  to me it's cheaper to just buy a 40.00 lace wig, cut it open and keep it moving.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2012 at 7:15pm

Brand - Vanessa Wigs -

Each wig company is different some have thicker, fuller wefts, some have thinner wefts. 

I have worn several Vanessa Lace Front Wigs and they are very full wigs.  Every Vanessa Wig I have had requires thinning out the wig or cutting out a few of the wefts. 

But I will say some of the curly wigs also have low sheen and don't look as shiney as some of the other brands of wigs.

Here is a link to see the entire collections of Express Vanessa Wigs - it is 4 screens of lace front wigs

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 04 2012 at 7:19pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 7:49am
WIG SALE -
CLair Hair has all Outre Halfwigs for 14.99 - also they are having a shipping 2.99 promotion.  I'm not sure if that is the entire US or just the eastern side - here is the link

I don't know how long it last, I did not buy anything because I have so many wigs i have not worn yet but please take a looksie....you might see something

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 8:42am
What is the difference between a hair pin and a bobby pin -

A bobby pin are CLOSED and used to secure wig to your head.  These come in several lengths - the longer ones are 3 inches, the shortest ones are 1 1/2 inches
Styling Essentials Firm Hold Bobby Pins, Black

Goody Styling Essentials Bobby Pins, Black, 3 Inches, 18 Count (Pack of 6)

A hair pin is the OPEN item - I do NOT use these to secure to my wig cap.  I use these to pin hair down in place.  For example if one is trying to blend your hair with the wig and you need to pin your real hair into the wig.  These also come in various sizes

2 1/2 Hair Pins - Style No BH437

Diane Hair Pins Assorted Size, Black, 100/card
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 10:27am
How to easily straighten a synthetic wig

This video is quite helpful, it shows a curly wig and how the young lady boiled hot water, put the wig in the tube and poured the hot water over the wig several time and the syn. wig became
straight again.

Remember, if it's not straight enough the first time, you can repeat the process. Take alot of care when combing it, use a wide tooth comb and work your way down to a smaller one if necessary because wigs don't grow back if you pull the hair

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 11 2012 at 10:29am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 10:18am
Wig Stock Cards and Similar Wig Names -

WHen you buy a wig for the first time, take a second to put the wig stock card in your nightstand, or at a minimum email yourself the name of the vendor and name of the wig.

WHY....If you end up loving the wig....you want to be able to order the wig online or every re-buy it and know the correct name.

There are so many wigs with the same name -
Beverly Johnson Sunshine
Outre Sunshine

Having the stock card makes it so much easier...I went to my local drugstore and bought a binder which is in office supplies and I keep all my wig cards in this one spot.  WHY....you might wear a wig for a while....then move on to something else then say next year want to revisit a old favorite....but what is that wigs NAME????

Keep your stock cards.....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 10:49am
U Parts and PROBLEMS...

I have been wearing my U part lace wigs for about 2 months.  They look great but with everything...we need to be CAREFUL....At my part area in the top....I have been bonding in tracks.  I have been using grow protect solution and I have not lost a large amount of hair but MY HAIR IS THINNING a little.

I noticed it so that means what....TIME FOR A CHANGE....time to switch it up....

SO I washed my hair today and I'm going to one of my "more" natural syn wigs.  It's a curly wig by Freetress called Coconut Girl.

I plan to do a twist out with my natural hair in the front and wear the wig with headbands.  Here is how I plan to wear it...notice about 1 1/2 inches of my hair is out the front.  TO ME...this looks so much better than having the head band right at the end of your head.

Edited by sunshine321511 - Jul 14 2012 at 10:52am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 10:51am
Ooops the picture is not showing....
here is the link -

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 99>
  Share Topic