FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make Your Wig Look its BEST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 104>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tSyvione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tSyvione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 12:21am
Hi Sunshine, I have the Freetress Gala and Estelle wig.  I was able to straighten the back of the Gala.  The lace front Estelle is easier to curl.  BTW Vivica Fox Amanda has thin lace looks real and the Napoli has 3.5 parting and a great top hairline.  the side is a lil moon but still good.  

Freetress colors are awesome..  437 and 4/27  Tonya
Sponsored Links

tSyvione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tSyvione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Wig texture 101

Alot of these wigs are Yaki - which is the light silky texture hair. 

While YAKY is the more corse african american hair that is really perfect for afro americans.  But it is hard to find yaky...we find yaki most of the time.

I notice after brushing/curling my wigs out I get the yaki look to it.  
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 4:10pm
Synthetic colors are different than human hair colors.

A 1B in syn is like a 1 in human
A 2 in syn is like a 1b in human

If you are trying to match syn and human hair tracks remember this ....so say you are cutting a lace wig open in the middle to make a U part wig.  But you need one or two tracks in the opening where your hair would be....

If the syn wig is a 1B then consider getting your track hair in a color 2

This is especially true with any FREETRESS Wig

Outre/Syn I'm not sure, I will test and update shortly.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 4:13pm
one way to make your wig look super REAL.....is to cut the middle open and make it a U Part wig.

Please see link below:

Products, wig clips, videos, tips...are all included
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2012 at 4:14pm
How to cut a CURLY SUPER FULL wig - see link

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2012 at 8:00am
How long can I wear my wig:

The way I make my wigs last longer is to take them off as soon as possible.  When I get home, I take my wig off first thing.  Now for those with families that might be more difficult, but consider having a house wig (older wig that you don't wear out anymore) so you are not wearing your work wig/social wig sitting around the house.

Invest in a styrofoam wig head and the wig silver "T" shaped pins.  It is very helpful when you are rolling up your wig to be able to place it on something.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2012 at 8:27pm
I can't braid my hair or my hair is too short to braid -

Well, I did the big "chop" and I can not braid my hair.  What I Do is ....I use morning glory grow protect solution and mold my hair down. Do the process required for this product which is apply gel, dry throughly, apply grow protect solution, dry...

I clip the  hair I plan to leave out seperate from the hair to be under the wig.  So for example, if I paln to wear a headband in the front, I seperate say 1 inch of my hair all the way across the front and don't put the GPS on that hair.  THen this hair left out can be pressed, flat ironed whatever required for wig blending.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2012 at 8:29pm
Where to purchase wigs -

THere are a lot of websites on line but clairhair and hairsisters.com have a timeclock on page one.  This tells you if you order by X time....your item will be shipped TODAY.  NOrmally I get my items in 3 days because they are FLYING it to you instead of it going by truck across country.

THat is key....

I find sites that don't have that....it can take from 1 week or even 1 1/2 weeks to get your item.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2012 at 8:34pm

What to do about family and kids....

This is not talked about much but just because YOU love wigs and weave does not mean that your family, husband and Kids do....deep down inside.

I never try and embarass my spouse, I try to be consistent, and wear the same style for a while.  I don't like for all his friends to be like...."Man, we going over John's house....I bet his wife's hair is some wild color, or yesterday it was 22 inches, the next day its Halle Barry short... HA HA HA"

Or your child being joked on at school, Oh, John mother weaves be crazy, John...what color your mama gonna have today, or she took out her weave, tomorrow it gonna be done her back, like last week.......HA HA HA

People are funny and mean, so I'm mindful to just think about others and not only myself.  I try and keep my weaves/wig around the same length, if I put in color I wear it for at least one month, if I wear a style, I try and wear it for at least 2 weeks, If I go a little longer, I try and wear it longer for at least a few weeks.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:18am
Invest in a Table Top Hair Dryer Bonnet.

Why -
This item cost around 40.00 and it is a life saver.

1) When you wear wigs, and you wash them you can sit them on a towel and allow the hair dryer to speed up the drying process.

2) When you re-curl syn. hair with hard rollers, after you put the rolled up wig in a pot of boiling water in the kitchen sink, after you let the hair "set" in the hot water - you can place the wig while still rolled up on a towel and put the hair dryer over the hair.  It speeds up the drying process and I usually let it dry for like 30 minutes and the wig is completely dry and ready to GO.  Especially if you don't have time to air dry overnight.

3) Normal hair care and conditioning of your natural hair.

4) Sold at local BSS, and remember to keep the BOX for storage.  Can be placed in a corner or bottom of the closet.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 104>
  Share Topic