Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to make realistic hairline on wig
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

How to make realistic hairline on wig

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solicitfashion View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 09 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1191
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solicitfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

I really wish someone could post a step by step picture or video on how to achieve those hairlines.
^^^
 
THIS!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:51pm

http://youtu.be/zFgZFeDuaG0

Yes!!Clap

Edited by growlonghair - Feb 25 2014 at 3:55pm
Back to Top
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 14 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Points: 1002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 4:51pm
I think this would help to add baby hairs to your units to make them more realistic. Instead of using straight hair, you could ventilate with kinkier hair or make your own kinky hair

http://youtu.be/ttGN6yzSLtQ
Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

I think this would help to add baby hairs to your units to make them more realistic. Instead of using straight hair, you could ventilate with kinkier hair or make your own kinky hair

http://youtu.be/ttGN6yzSLtQ
Thanks Mocha, IMO one needs to be able to ventilate their own wigs to achieve a natural hairline.
 
You have brought up some nice links so far care to share some nice ventilating tutorials as well. I am yet to see one thats easy enough for me?Cry 
 
Also, do you guys think Beyonce uses this ventilated tutorial method or the natural hairline method? Looks like natural hairline to me? Confused
Back to Top
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 14 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Status: Offline
Points: 1002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 6:00pm
I think this is a good tutorial on ventilating
http://youtu.be/eWqGTzj3y14
Back to Top
Wisney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 28 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1282
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:06am
From what I've seen, the very best way you're gonna get the hairline you really want is to use HD film lace on the outer front perimeter and ventilate in extra light density. It's super, super fragile and obviously you might have to do a bit of franken-wigging to add it to your unit, but if you could just use a centimetre of that on the very edge and ventilate that nice, shapely, extra light density hairline, you would have the look you want. I think it'd be best for special wigs that you don't wear often.

This is an example of it used on Natalie Portman in 'Closer', you can barely see it even magnified like it is in the pic:


Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

From what I've seen, the very best way you're gonna get the hairline you really want is to use HD film lace on the outer front perimeter and ventilate in extra light density. It's super, super fragile and obviously you might have to do a bit of franken-wigging to add it to your unit, but if you could just use a centimetre of that on the very edge and ventilate that nice, shapely, extra light density hairline, you would have the look you want. I think it'd be best for special wigs that you don't wear often.

This is an example of it used on Natalie Portman in 'Closer', you can barely see it even magnified like it is in the pic:


Great point you might be onto something. I have also noticed that with celeb wigs, the lace seems to melt more like Tyra, Beyonce and Raquel Welch I believe
Back to Top
Wisney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 28 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1282
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:07am
@growlonghair, I think with Raquel and Tyra it's because the lace colour really matches their skin. Raquel doesn't always look so great tho because her wig line tells you NOT to cut the lace and so if you're not directly that skin tone, you can see the lace really clearly. You can DEFO see hers sometimes. Beyoncé started wearing her units behind her own hairline for the most part back in 2007. Recently though I think she's using a different wig maker because her units do not look as high quality, they're not laying flat on top or anything. 
Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

@growlonghair, I think with Raquel and Tyra it's because the lace colour really matches their skin. Raquel doesn't always look so great tho because her wig line tells you NOT to cut the lace and so if you're not directly that skin tone, you can see the lace really clearly. You can DEFO see hers sometimes. Beyoncé started wearing her units behind her own hairline for the most part back in 2007. Recently though I think she's using a different wig maker because her units do not look as high quality, they're not laying flat on top or anything
Get out of my head!LOL 
http://www.google.at/imgres?imgurl=http://pmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/beyonce-grammys-2014-grammy-awards-lead.jpg%3Fw%3D600&imgrefurl=http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/26/beyonce-grammy-awards-hair-makeup-red-carpet-2014/&h=580&w=600&sz=110&tbnid=WDru3pDQk7W0gM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=93&zoom=1&usg=__wxiJsOYmeAVxqeL8y8vDc6_h554=&docid=X-t2_fYr6141YM&sa=X&ei=lR4OU6eALoXN7Abx1oHIBg&ved=0CC8Q9QEwBA
That app is awful IMO. It looks like the LF is floating behind her hairline or is it the color difference between LF and natural hairline?
Pic on the right you can see where the LF starts. Blending is off. What you guys think?

Edited by growlonghair - Feb 26 2014 at 11:09am
Back to Top
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 79375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 11:50am
No to Beyaki and that whole wig, and the lipstick. Just Nope!
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down