FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make hair look less bulky AFTER install

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make hair look less bulky AFTER install
    Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:33pm
I recently had gotten a sew-in installed into my head. But the problem is, it looks kinda bulky. A lot of my hair is left out, but IDK I'm still not comfortable with the install. I like it when my hair looks flat against my head...

Are there any tips? Or is this even possible? The braiding pattern is horizontal plus my real hair is already long, so I figured that's why...
Sponsored Links

ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 10:17pm
pics? gotta estimate the damage< ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/">
yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

pics? gotta estimate the damage
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 11:27pm
My installs a lot of time look bulky or get to looking bulky. I wonder if it is the fact my hair is s good length and hella thick and does that mean I need to go less time in between installs??
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:03am
Braid Pattern and size of braids play a huge part. Some stylist dont like dealing with people with longer hair so they throw some Color Purple braids in your sew in knowing good and well its going to be way too bulky.

Next time get a mirror and look at the back of your head so you can see before she starts sewing.

I also will find a braid pattern on here or YT, take photos or upload the video and let them know THIS is how I want my hair braided. 
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:12am
Braid pattern and how the wefts are sewn to the tracks play a very important part to the finish look of the install.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:45pm
What is the causes of the bulkiness? It could be the base, the actual amount of hair installed and track spacing, or the fold over points/ends.

For longer hair I would avoid horizontal braids. Depending on the size they can be bulky from day one and get even bulkier as they grow out. For longer hair I like to do vertical braids or a combination of vertical and a circle for the back. The hair then grows out flatter and it hold up better to washing and manipulating.

If the tracks are too close together then some will likely have to come out. If its the actual hair then it can be thinned.

If its the fold-over points or ends then they can be reinforced to be flatter or redone.
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:49pm
many factors play into a flat weave, one being the braiding pattern and the size of the braids AND if your wefted hair single wefted or double wefted. you may need to either take a few tracks out or go through certain sections the thinning shears.

Edited by marie67 - Mar 23 2014 at 8:49pm
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 10:14am
It could also be the hair itself.  I've noticed that when I'm wearing my hair straight and I want it a little flatter, I wrap it and tie it down.  When I brush it out it looks a lot less bulky.    
eva92watson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eva92watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:11am
Maybe if your hair isn't voluminous, make it like that so it's lifted. Like curly hair looks shorter because the curls are lifted up.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic