Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make friends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 2:11pm
you'd feel petty with friends? lol

shoot, I would say in a minute, 'gas ain't free, I need money girl' (if I needed it) to a friend. It's all good. We'd lol.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 2:16pm
I really hate asking ppl for money, it's one of my hang ups...I have because it's necessary but I always feel like money exchange should be this unspoken thing. And gas money shouldn't be expected among friends unless it's an all the time thing.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 2:22pm
Maybe you give off a stand off-ish vibe

I know that's my problem sometimes. Its just hard for me to open up to some people.

I guess its a fear of being judged or getting used? I wish I wasn't like that but its easier said than done!
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I really hate asking ppl for money, it's one of my hang ups...I have because it's necessary but I always feel like money exchange should be this unspoken thing. And gas money shouldn't be expected among friends unless it's an all the time thing.

I agree with this, but if money is needed we're sharing it.

Edited by PurplePhase - Dec 09 2013 at 12:42am
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 3:13pm
I got rid of a friend she had me driving all over ny chasing her man not one dollar was offered towards gas and I missed my party and had to drop her home she lived on the other side of town from me to smh. Getting a car opened my eyes.

These hoes will use you for a ride
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 3:42pm
Are you a girls' girl? Do you dump your girlfriends when there is a new dicc around? Like Melikey said, start with women in your family,they are built-in friendships (if they aint cray cray) and then network out to their friends.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 5:04pm
Step one leave the house everyday and go to one new place you have never been
Talk to everyone- practice on lines at the store, library, wherever

Be sincire, be the type of person you want to attract.
and meetup.com is a good place to meet people who share your same intrest
remeber friendship takes a lot of time and effort you have to give not just recieve be trust wrothy and trusting
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 5:27pm
Girl making friends is easy, especially with black women.

Compliment her hair and ask her how she does it. Black women can talk about hair forever.

Compliment her clothes, nails, jewelry, lipstick or whatever. But don't do "I like your makeup" unless she's wearing eyeshadow, cheeks, just all around face. Then it's okay. Avoid things that might be mistaken as shade

Then converse and exchange info. Now if you can't hold a conversation then I don't know what to tell you

The key is either compliment or make a joke, but everybody loves compliments.

If she seems unfriendly, fvck that ho and keep it moving.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

These hoes will use you for a ride

Church!!
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Krystal Klear Krystal Klear wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

lol if her friends ditched her for having to give her a ride all the time then they werent good friends in the first place. A ride is nothing if you  truly wanted to spend time with someone
I don't mind helping out a friend every once in awhile , but if everytime we go out its always me picking her up that's a damper on the mood especially if she does not offer money for gas. Some people I have no idea that they are being rude or being users

I wouldnt imagine the ride being free every time, but it makes it all the more side eye worthy imo if a person is compensating with gas money and its still a problem to give them a ride to the same place you're going to.

On one side yes it's true that when you want to sped time w someone you're willing to give a ride but people without cars don't understand how extra the effort really is...going out of your way to their house on the way isn't so bad but at 2 am or 5 pm rush hour when you're heading home, it's very draining. And 50% of ppl do not just volunteer gas money and you always feel petty if it comes to the point when you need to ask.

I in fact do have a car and still wouldnt hesitate to give my friends rides if they needed it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>