Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to make friends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:09am
Well damn SD, don't scare her away from making friends. One of her fears might be that she'll meet judgmental women who don't have good intentions...

Edited by GG - Dec 08 2013 at 9:10am
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:17am
lol if her friends ditched her for having to give her a ride all the time then they werent good friends in the first place. A ride is nothing if you  truly wanted to spend time with someone
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

lol if her friends ditched her for having to give her a ride all the time then they werent good friends in the first place. A ride is nothing if you  truly wanted to spend time with someone
I don't mind helping out a friend every once in awhile , but if everytime we go out its always me picking her up that's a damper on the mood especially if she does not offer money for gas. Some people I have no idea that they are being rude or being users
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:36am
Maybe you should try meetup.com you are actuallly hanging out with people and not necessarily taking classes and having to learn something.

I've never met up though.

I'm in the same boat as you, hardly have friends because of relationship issues and other stuff. I'm friendly, but have grown accustomed to being alone and I can seem cold because I am protecting myself from false friends. I have my issues on my mind too much to enjoy myself with others. It's hard though, it's not like I don't want friends, i have old friends from high school and college, but don't see them often. A couple of years ago I was very social and would travel a lot, be out at bars, it was a time I was building my own confidence and doing what I felt, seemed like people wanted to be my friends, but as I said I didn't try to build a huge connection in order to protect myself.

When you make friends you must connect with them and put in an effort. Like exchange numbers, meet up for coffee or movies, maybe cook together, you must get to know others, let them know you enjoy time with them.

Edited by indiecat - Dec 08 2013 at 9:40am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Krystal Klear Krystal Klear wrote:

I don't mind helping out a friend every once in awhile , but if everytime we go out its always me picking her up that's a damper on the mood especially if she does not offer money for gas. Some people I have no idea that they are being rude or being users

I wouldnt imagine the ride being free every time, but it makes it all the more side eye worthy imo if a person is compensating with gas money and its still a problem to give them a ride to the same place you're going to.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

I'm friendly, but have grown accustomed to being alone and I can seem cold because I am protecting myself from false friends.

I can relate to that. Just like in love, you have to protect your heart in friendship sometimes. I've been burned as well. It's just hard to strike a balance between opening your heart just enough and being to closed off and ending up all by yourself.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 10:17am
Reach out to family and start friendships with them.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:08pm

thanked.

Good luck OP. I think women friendships are fabulous. Hopefully you will find that.

Go out and socialize; approach people. I'm  not a bible person but I do believe in the quote that to have friends one must show themselves   friendly.

Edited by PurplePhase - Dec 08 2013 at 1:20pm
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:43pm
I don't know myself. I haven't made any new female friends since 2007 lol but I didn't really try to either.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by Krystal Klear Krystal Klear wrote:

I wouldnt imagine the ride being free every time, but it makes it all the more side eye worthy imo if a person is compensating with gas money and its still a problem to give them a ride to the same place you're going to.

On one side yes it's true that when you want to sped time w someone you're willing to give a ride but people without cars don't understand how extra the effort really is...going out of your way to their house on the way isn't so bad but at 2 am or 5 pm rush hour when you're heading home, it's very draining. And 50% of ppl do not just volunteer gas money and you always feel petty if it comes to the point when you need to ask.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Dec 08 2013 at 2:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic