Mynx Hair

Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Love Others
    Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 3:19pm

How to Love Others

Jesus told his disciples, “In everything . . . treat people the same way you want them to treat you. Most of us refer to this code of conduct as the “Golden Rule.”

In theory, we’d probably agree this is a good foundation for a healthy relationship. But, it’s tough to live up to such a standard. If we made a list of the ways we hope to be treated and compared it with our own behavior, we’d likely fall short.

And of course, it’s easy to love when others are treating us well. But how do we respond when their behavior is hurtful or unpleasant?

The truth is, Jesus meant for us to love others all the time, not just when they’re lovable. Regardless of their attitude toward us, we’re to think about the relationship qualities we value… like loyalty, trust, encouragement, forgiveness, acceptance, and protection. Let these flow from us in their direction.

Unfortunately, our society breeds selfishness, greed, and pride, which are enemies of the love Jesus commanded. But when we care for others in the way the Lord prescribes, relationships can deepen and thrive. Treating others with this kind of love isn’t natural or easy, especially when people are unkind. In fact, loving as Jesus commanded is impossible on our own. But when we trust Christ as Savior, the Holy Spirit empowers us and lives His life through us.

Take time to list the ways you hope others will treat you. Now ask, Is that how I treat people? Pray for God to reveal one area where He will help you apply the Golden Rule.
Matthew 22: 35One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him,  36"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?"  37And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'   38"This is the great and foremost commandment.   39"The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'   40"On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Be blessed , Debra
"Life is God's gift to you; what you become is your gift to Him."
Praying His Promises bless your day!
Sponsored Links

kingdom Kid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 4:06pm
amen nella! one of my favorite scriptures that i love to meditate on is my signiture. 1John 4:16: God is love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God and God in him.  I think that passage just sums it up for me LOL! And my pastor has been ministering about love for a while now.  i never understood how a christian can say that they loved God but refused to love others. that makes no sense to me. but... i pray that we all remember that He is love and He loves all people no matter what. so who are we to not love all people no matter what. i just make myself remember how rancit i was in my flesh yet He still loved me. how dare i not have love for another. that keeps me in check LOL! Thank you for this post. I am truely blessed.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by kingdom Kid kingdom Kid wrote:

amen nella! one of my favorite scriptures that i love to meditate on is my signiture. 1John 4:16: God is love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God and God in him.  I think that passage just sums it up for me LOL! And my pastor has been ministering about love for a while now.  i never understood how a christian can say that they loved God but refused to love others. that makes no sense to me. but... i pray that we all remember that He is love and He loves all people no matter what. so who are we to not love all people no matter what. i just make myself remember how rancit i was in my flesh yet He still loved me. how dare i not have love for another. that keeps me in check LOL! Thank you for this post. I am truely blessed.

Hug
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic