Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Beauty Tips - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to look great without wearing makeup?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 7:11pm
honestly, with all the products and rituals and remedies you'll attain trying to manage natural beauty... u might as well spend the time putting on a little makeup. nobody is too pretty or too good to enhance their own beauty. every person doesn't need to slather on face batter, red lipstick, and feaux lashes day to day.

but once you do all the facial washing, cut all liquids out minus water and overdrink yourself (don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with properly hydrating), the vitamin e and the lotions and grooming the brows and lashes... etc. 

at the end of the day, it takes less than 2 mins to apply some mascara and lip gloss and an additional minute to take it a step further to groom your brows and apply some eye liner. It's still a very natural look, low maintenance, and time efficient.

I understand wanting to be carefree, though. But nothing will turn a human into perfection without some material things.
Sponsored Links

shandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by CurlyDreams CurlyDreams wrote:

Drink alot of water (more than the recommended 64oz.)
Get plenty of sleep
Eat fresh fruits and veggies to get the full vitamin potential
Use a good moisturizer
Shaping your eyebrows can add a nice change to your overall look
Lipgloss & mascara

Very minimal!!

alladis plus retin a and hq
luvlytresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvlytresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">honestly, with all the products and rituals and remedies you'll attain trying to manage natural beauty... u might as well spend the time putting on a little makeup. nobody is too pretty or too good to enhance their own beauty. every person doesn't need to slather on face batter, red lipstick, and feaux lashes day to day.

but once you do all the facial washing, cut all liquids out minus water and overdrink yourself (don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with properly hydrating), the vitamin e and the lotions and grooming the brows and lashes... etc. 

at the end of the day, it takes less than 2 mins to apply some mascara and lip gloss and an additional minute to take it a step further to groom your brows and apply some eye liner. It's still a very natural look, low maintenance, and time efficient.

I understand wanting to be carefree, though. But nothing will turn a human into perfection without some material things.

I get what your saying, but some of these rituals like eyebrows are done like every 2 months. Exfoliation is done once a week for people with normal skin, a little more for those with oily skin, and a little less with those who have sensitive skin. Many of these habits aren't daily and should be performed for only maintaining your appearance. I mean you are supposed to cleanse your face regularly, and follow up with a moisturizer. What most people fail to realize is that makeup is easier and quicker to apply to skin that is more healthy. They also fail to realize that the 2 minute makeup can lead to to a face full of blemishes and acne if the skin is not cared for underneath regularly. Also, I want to add that ladies who wear makeup and have ungroomed brows look weird lol. Have you ever noticed that the women who wear makeup but don't bother taking care of their skin/ grooming/hair usually look the worst?
Jocelyne17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocelyne17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 12:37am
Originally posted by cutescorpio cutescorpio wrote:

Exfoliate/skin cleanser
Facial Moisturizer
Drink water
Groom-eyebrows and any extra hairsLOL
Carmax/lip balm

All day erryday Clap

But if you like that dewy look you can wash with warm, rinse with ICE cold to close your pores back. Put on a ton of moisturizer, let it soak a little then dab off excess. Finish with translucent powder.

That matte finish had some chicks swearing I work makeup everyday, So I wiped my face in front of the whole close. Nothing Wink and some biddies was mad about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 10:07am
@luvlytresses I know exactly what you're saying a bout eyebrows. I always do mine.. but I do them myself. I don't have the patience or money to get them waxed, threaded, and such. But it is definitely a waste to use eyeshadow if you've got brows from the amazons lol

I'm just saying, pretty skin may give you less blemishes but it isn't going to make your eyes pop or your lips look plump. It's just that extra mile. And I've never experienced trauma to my skin for makeup that only goes on my lips and lashes. I think you're referring to foundation, which is available in natural minerals now and Neutrogena has a few lines of liquid that helps keep acne from forming even still. But many kinds can affect ppl differently definitely.
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 12:37pm
cleanse, tone, moisturize. wear lip chap, drink water, keep your eyebrows groomed
luvlytresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvlytresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2011 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

@luvlytresses I know exactly what you're saying a bout eyebrows. I always do mine.. but I do them myself. I don't have the patience or money to get them waxed, threaded, and such. But it is definitely a waste to use eyeshadow if you've got brows from the amazons lol

I'm just saying, pretty skin may give you less blemishes but it isn't going to make your eyes pop or your lips look plump. It's just that extra mile. And I've never experienced trauma to my skin for makeup that only goes on my lips and lashes. I think you're referring to foundation, which is available in natural minerals now and Neutrogena has a few lines of liquid that helps keep acne from forming even still. But many kinds can affect ppl differently definitely.

I did mean foundation lol. Most ppl that don't practice basic skin maintainance tend to complain that it is too much work and just wear makeup lol. They then begin a vicious cycle of horrible blemished skin. As for eyebrows I do them myself too :). My point was that natural beauty is really just maintenance and up keep. If you work out, take care of your hair skin and nails, you will look natural and pretty. Girls that are considered naturally beautiful tend too look decent with a simple outfit and no makeup because they have laid the foundation. Makeup, figure flattering outfits and accessories are just the icing on the cake to play up your assets, but are not needed to create a false image. Who wants to be known as the girl who NEEDS makeup, spanx, weave and wigs to look pretty?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 1:55pm
I know huh. I blame Nikki Minaj haha. People are taking the whole "barbie" era to a whole new level. A little color on special or fun occasions or body slimmers to lay an outfit down sometimes are fine. But ppl are letting special occasion looks or off the wall stuff become their "real" images. Confused 
Ferozkhans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferozkhans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 1:23am
Wow ! so max of them preferred water as a substance which can be used as a makeup Shocked
Lo0vely101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lo0vely101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2011 at 10:37pm

Lots of water, eat healthy, & a lil vaseline have you glowing lol

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style