Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > My Experiences
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Topic ClosedHow to knowif god wants you to have something?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
cityvixen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to knowif god wants you to have something?
    Posted: Jun 23 2007 at 11:27pm

I always hear that GOd does things on his own time and not on ours and he works in mysterious ways. For a year I was talking to different guys and never really fell for any of them. There was this one person who pratically knocked me off my feet with his goals, aspirations,and beliefs. We had lost contact. A year later , I don't know why but out of no where I started to think about him and realize he is so different from other guys  I have known. I thought theres was never a chance for us becuase his old number had been cancelled. Then one day I spoke to him online and we've been casualy talkin. I've been praying to GOd asking for guidance of what to do with this situation and also telling him that Ihave strong feelings for this person with all of my heart. My question is How do you know if God wants to be with a certain person?I've been praying and asking for guidance even crying because I'm so confused and do not know what to do next. I still don't feel like God has told me what to do. What am  I suppose to do? Though I try to figure it out myself I know I should leave it up to God, but it's hard. Should I just wait and let God do his mighty works and the plans he have for me. Also if I love someone would God let you be with them? Sorry, but I am so confused right now.

Sponsored Links

comingofage03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2007 at 11:58am
Oh Goodness...I am standing on the same thing... I believe that we have authority to speak things into existence...i.e. Husband....We also have favor with God to choose our husbands and not settle for anyone...we can have our ideal mate...What I would suggest to you is to not become emotional....:) Because although we have authority to speak things into existence...Sometimes we need God to teach us How to handle whatever We have asked for. I will elaborate with my own experience....I have claimed my husband in the name of Jesus...However, the other day...I realized that there were some things that I needed to work on within myself....I came to understand that I needed to stand on scripture about how to be a good wife and what God expects from Women....I also realized that I am not some new aged woman...Who doesnt need a man :)....I am a woman of Christ and God set up that relationship covenant between man and women for a reason...now some folks dont want to be marrried or bear children and thats fine...to each his own. So what I am trying to say in short...:) Is that sure you can Claim your spouse and believe in your heart that someone is for you...but unless we go to God and get things in order...It might be the roller coaster ride of your life because remember it isnt just you that God has to work with....He has to work with someone else (The Gentlemen you like)...I am unsure of how old you are but I am 24 and I have thought to believe soooo many times that this guy or that guy was the ONLY one for me....but when I look back now! I realize that I was just a emotional being...riding the wave of my emotions...What I would suggest do...If you really want God to tell you what to do....because sometimes "we" just want to do what feels right:)...I would suggest you do a fast....from anything that distracts you from God...i.e. Food, tv, Myspace, and etc...and perhaps not contacting this guy until you have an answer...Sit down with your bible and just talk to God...Get yourself together and ask him to give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding...Let him know that you want to do what is right in his sight!...and Maybe he'll show you some things in you that has to be worked on first... Sorry for the long winded reply but I empathize with you because I was in this same spot a couple months ago....but I have complete understanding about my situation now and so will you!!! God bless you
sax_lady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2007 at 3:14pm
If God hasn't told you to go forward, please wait. Please read Psalm 37:4-5,7 and Psalm 40:1-5. Be encouraged. Marriage is a serious thing. God knows you better than you know yourself. He made you so he knows what you need. He knows your strengths as well as your challenges. Don't rush things. When you take things slow, (in most cases) you can see a person's true character. Matt 6:33 tells us to seek the kingdom of God and his righteous FIRST and everything we need (including a man) will be provided by God. Continue to pray. It's ok to cry and open up to God. If He's your best friend you can be yourself. Make a list of what's important to you. Search the scriptures and see what's important to Christ. Yes looks are important but will looks matter most when the bills are due, when you're hungry, when you're in labor, when there is a death in the family, or when someone is ill? No, it's their character. Another thing, I'm sure Bin Ladin, Hussein and some of the nuts in this world were cute, religious, nice, and had goals etc, when they were dating. Wait on God. **REAL LOVE WAITS, LUST DOESN'T**
I have to remind myself sometimes of a song by James Bignon. I'm believing God for a miracle and He'll do it in His own time and in His own way, I don't know how He's going to do it, I don't know when it will be done, By Faith I KNOW I'll be delivered in His own time; in His way. I'll be your prayer buddy and pray about this with ya!!! God Bless!
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2007 at 12:48pm
I agree with comingofage03 and sax lady. I too have been in a similiar situation and I'm currently waiting on the Lord for my husband. I had to learn patience and realize that the Lord is preparing me as well as preparing a man to be my husband. I take comfort in knowing that because when the appropriate time arrives, the Lord will let me know and I will be ready for it. 

The Lord will let you know also. Like sax lady stated, "real love waits." My prayers are with you cityvixen.
cityvixen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2007 at 5:44pm

Thank of you ladies for your advice and support. I'd greatly appreciated it. It was needed.

I did post a thread about this situation before, but I want to bugg people again with it, but it's just so hard to not think about. I thought I was over him, well at least I treid but I know deep and down and GOD knows that there will alwyas be room in my heart for this gentleman.
So here the story goes....(sorry it's so long)

I met him online about a year and a half ago.
I don't really do online dating but decided to try it since friends suggested it. I noticed his looks first but didn't care much about it because there are trillions of cute guys but the persoanlity counts as well.  We started talking online most of the time, an dlater started calling eachother. At first I just thought he was cute and didn't have any real feelings, but as the weeks and months went by and I started to find out how he is, I started really liking and having respect for him.
He was so sweet to me and honest. We talked about any and evrything. I asked him if he had a girlfriend he told me no, but said he had female friends. HE also told me he wouldn't cheat on his girlfriend when I told him all guys cheat. HE would ask me when's dinner or when we were going to meet up, but I would hesistate because I was intimidated by him. Basically we I would say when , but we it never happened. At one point he was having problems @ his job and problems @ home and stayed with one of his boys for sometime. HE would confide in me and show his emotions and I would give him the best advice I could. He started becoming distant and emotional and I cut him off.
About a month later he called me out of no where and asked why we stopped talking and I told him because he acted like he didn't wan tto be bothered with me so I gave him his space. He apologised and explained that wasn't intended. He had called me back that same night but I missed the call. I called back and left a msg but he never called. That was summer last year. That whole year I spoke to other guys(nothing serious) and all of the relationships went basically nowhere. I also had to do some serious thinking about why it never works with me for guys, and if I was really in love with them or infatuated. I was infatuated with all of them.
This May thoughts of him just popped up in my head. I realized how happy  I was and how good he made my day when he called or texted me just to say hello. I tried to give him a call but his number had changed. He came online and I said hello to him and we catched up on things. I also changed my number ,so I don't know if he tried to call me as well. He also is harldy online so it's hard for me to contact him . While we spoke those 3 times online,  he did send hints that we should meet up, but I didn't come on to it. eventually I asked him out and he said sure. I didn't give him my number because I was nervous( which I now regret. He was very very friendly to me and we just joked and laugh. I haven't seen him online recently. I don't know how I let myslef fall for someone who could've been lying to me the whole time, but for some reason it seem real, as if he wasn't playing games. he 's still having problems @ his job and again I did give him inspiration and he was so thankful to me and also proud and  when he heard I was doing good in life. WE always have supported eachother and had the same thoughts on life and relationships. This a very attractive guy who ladies fight to have and I always wonder will he go for them or still be intrested in me since I wasn't interested well didn't show interest in him physically only. Why did I think about him out of the blue a year later? Was God telling me something or was it just me? I know before he had lots of interest in me, but I'm wondering if he moved on. Now what should I does. Everyone says move on, because he's a guy and blah blah blha and  Iwill , but I will always regret holding back before.
Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 7:04pm
Smile CV, I hope you find your Prince
if not him,then someone equal in status or
better! If he was meant for you then he will
do whatever it takes to find you! Men are always
the last to know and some discover when it is too
late that miss right was there all along!
NurseGal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 9:03pm
CV, I have been in a similar situation, and I'm going to tell you what I learned (so, I'm preaching to myself, too).  A lot of times, we sit and wait for the Lord to to leave a big post-it note for us to tell us what we should do in a given situation.  I believe that God's way of guiding us is by the opening and shutting of doors, the accepting and rejection of others.  If things don't work out with this man, consider it a blessing, b/c God knows what is best for you- even if it hurts us.  You may just be curious about this guy, and that's why he "popped" on your mind a year later.  Maybe you haven't had much luck with men, and you were just wondering "what if" or if he could have been the one man who was ordained for you.  When spontaneous things like that happen, it is not always a message from God.  You may just be wondering if he was the "one" or what could have happened between you two.  The devil knows this, and he will use it to his advantage.  He knows how to package things nicely to deceive us into thinking it's a sign from God (not saying that this is your case), but it is very possible.  When I get to feeling alone and "in want of a man", I start wondering about all of my ex's and guy friends of the past and wonder if they could have been the one, then I would go out my way to contact them.  That right there is wrong.  The bible say's "When a man finds a wife...", there for we shouldn't be the aggressors here if we didn't do anything wrong to ruin the relationship in the first place.  You need to give this situation to God, and ask him to guide you, instead of asking for an answer.  When you ask and let Him guide you, everything falls into place for you.  When you ask for an answer, you risk misinterpreting it; like I said before, you aren't going to get a post-it note.  Right, now, girl, the Word is you best friend.  Get into it, deep, and pray for guidance.  I believe in signs and revelations from God, but somethings could just be the effects of curiousity, impatience, or even loneliness.  I hope this helps.  I was REALLY preaching to myself, thoughLOL
memee1978 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2007 at 8:12pm
I HAVE THAT SAME QUESTION.I LEFT A 11 YEAR RELATIONSHIP.2 KIDS INVOLED.GOT INTO ANOTHER FOR ABOUT A YEAR.I WNT TO GET MARRIED TO HIM BUT IS HE THE ONE?IS ITS GODS TIMING?Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic