It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
osopretty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to keep that fresh look
    Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 11:46pm
You know how braids look the first week, BTW I'm getting mine like this
But how do I keep it looking neat?I tie my hair up everynight but, it never fails, after a week or two they get frizzy, my hair curls up and they just don't look the same.
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 5:45am
You have to keep redoing the front over..but I think braids look more natural and cute when they are fuzzy in the front...I have had mines in for a month now and I am holding off on redoing the front until the end of June so I just condition wash them, add moisturizer and oil and tie my scarf on tight and it looks pretty good. I'm keeping them in until beginning of August and I only want to have to redo the front once.
negresse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2011 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

You have to keep redoing the front over..but I think braids look more natural and cute when they are fuzzy in the front...I have had mines in for a month now and I am holding off on redoing the front until the end of June so I just condition wash them, add moisturizer and oil and tie my scarf on tight and it looks pretty good. I'm keeping them in until beginning of August and I only want to have to redo the front once.

I totally agree w/ bolded. i really dislike the scalpy look and can't wait until my hair gets some fuzz after new braids are put in.

here's the way to keep your hair perfect for longer, BUT it's a horrible horrible practice that will keep your extensions hot and your real hair at the same length: don't wash your hair for the duration of your install and just keep tying your hair down at night. keep it in one style and avoid any sort of manipulation. 
^that's the only way to keep them perfect.

otherwise it's as khivey said: you just have to get the front and perimeter redone every so often. another thing a friend of mine does to extend her braids is to use gel at the perimerter so the fuzzies are less obvious. to avoid gunkiness i suggest a more natural gel like deva curl set up and above. it has firm hold while having natural ingredients and smelling awesome.

HTH
< ="utf-8">
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 1:28pm
I wash my braids weekly and after drying, I spray top area wth a light coat of BB Spritz spray and tie town with a scarf.  If I have straight human hair --I wrap with holding mousse.  If synthetic--spray spritz, put in ponytail and tie down with scarf.  You can maintain by tying down with scarf every night.  I dont spritz again until after the next wash.    I can never go without washing, I have smelled some nasty dirty hair smells on people with braids that don't wash them plus the buildup would probably kill me as I keep my scalp oiled and spray braid spray daily. 
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 1:29pm
I also agree that I like a little fuzz /growth around the edges as well.
shrew297 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by DivaMelody DivaMelody wrote:

I wash my braids weekly and after drying, I spray top area wth a light coat of BB Spritz spray and tie town with a scarf.  If I have straight human hair --I wrap with holding mousse.  If synthetic--spray spritz, put in ponytail and tie down with scarf.  You can maintain by tying down with scarf every night.  I dont spritz again until after the next wash.    I can never go without washing, I have smelled some nasty dirty hair smells on people with braids that don't wash them plus the buildup would probably kill me as I keep my scalp oiled and spray braid spray daily. 

Oh lawd yes! I have my hair braided now and one of my friends commented how nice my hair smelled. She seemed so surprised when I told her I wash every week. Apparently she thought that if you wash your braids, your hair wouldn't grow Confused. I prefer having "fresh" smelling fuzzy braids than "fresh" looking stinky ones. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 5:15pm
I hope you didnt get your edges braided like that.
But, to keep it looking fresh, just re-do the perimeter braids every few weeks.

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 01 2011 at 5:16pm
aicramphoto View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 1:30pm
I would like to know how to keep them looking fresh also. A little fuzzy is one thing, an absolute mess is another and I look a hot mess after two weeks. My hair is a very unusual 4a and it's very curly and won't stay flat at all. I love braids, but i can only have them done like twice a year: box braids for a non swimming trip and 3 rows of cornrows for a one week swim trip.

Oh, well. Ermm        
whileness View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 6:50am

I love braids, but i can only have them done like twice a year

iveez_hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 11:13am

I wear kinky twists as a protective style and I like them best when that are old.  They tend to look more natural.  Thumbs Up

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic