Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How To Keep Hair Moisturized Longer Under The Wig
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How To Keep Hair Moisturized Longer Under The Wig

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RitaLaVida View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RitaLaVida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Keep Hair Moisturized Longer Under The Wig
    Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 4:31am
How do you keep your hair moisturized longer under your wig cap?

I've done the baggy method, both on my ends--and on my whole head--but I wanted to know what other ways there were to keep your hair moisturized longer.

I moisturize and seal, but my hair drinks that up quickly.
Sponsored Links

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 6:54am
Originally posted by RitaLaVida RitaLaVida wrote:

I've done the baggy method, both on my ends--and on my whole head--but I wanted to know what other ways there were to keep your hair moisturized longer.

Hmmm… nice question…

“I try so hard. But the hood just keeps coming out”. BHM-Nic
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 7:10am
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Originally posted by RitaLaVida RitaLaVida wrote:

Hmmm… nice question…
“I try so hard. But the hood just keeps coming out”. BHM-Nic

Ok, my hair loves Neutrogena triple moisture Leave-In Cream, the hair mask (same brand) and pain castor oil to seal my ends under my full lace unit. HTH
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 11:59am
Try a bit of a glycerin in your conditioner or if you're using you're only special homemade mix.  That may also help.  My hair has been sucking up moisturizer as well, and my skin, eek!  I think it's due to the weather, so I'm about to amp up my moisturizing routine.  I also seal with either JBCO or argan oil.
supuu43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supuu43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 1:36pm

thanks for all the great moisturizing ideas

TooBlessed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2011 at 8:11am
I am one of those people that still use MTG under all of my applications (wigs, weaves, etc.).  It keeps my hair moisturized and since I work out at the gym, it keeps any fungus from sweat growing up under there.  I will add that it is also a growth aide.

Nufsayd View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nufsayd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

I am one of those people that still use MTG under all of my applications (wigs, weaves, etc.).  It keeps my hair moisturized and since I work out at the gym, it keeps any fungus from sweat growing up under there.  I will add that it is also a growth aide.

^^^^THISSmile
Posh Ams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Posh Ams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 5:42pm
I use Megatek in my hair. I part my hair and braid it up, putting a lil Megatek in the scalp. Then I saturate my hair with Megatek which keeps my hair conditioned, soft and hydrated until I wash it.
Sometimes I add a little extra virgin olive oil if I am feeling a lil fancyLOL

I suppose everybody has different methods- play around until you find what works best for you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply