How to handle nosy co-workers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to handle nosy co-workers?
    Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:24pm
I work at a nursing home with a lot of hard working black women with rough looking weaves. One women in particular was admiring my new italian yaki and would not stop raving about how real it looks. Loudly. In the lobby. In front of everyone that was waiting to clock in. 

Mind you, I could care less if people I work with know I wear a weave, but not only was she obscenely loud while going on and on and ON about how real my fake hair looked, she was literally digging through the hair to...I don't even know, feel the cap I sewed it on? IDK but she was doing the absolute most. My question is how do you deal with people who are trying to get a little too familiar with your hair? Again I work in a nursing home, and idk what this Censored was doing before she decided to start digging for weave treasures. I didn't realize how annoyed I was until this very moment...

Oh and she gave me her phone number so I could give her my vendor's website so she could order her own. Even though she scoffed at the price of the hair plus shipping. Like...why do I even bother with some people?

Sponsored Links

MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:08am
Some people have a lot of nerve and no tact. The last time that situation happened to me while at work I looked at her, backed up and said  Can we discuss this later and walked away. She got the message.
I had no intention of "discussing it later" but that was better than what I really wanted to say to her.
choc_lover View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote choc_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:56am
Some people are so rude. I slapped someone's hands off my weave once. And I'll do it again
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:40am
This summer while traveling on business I got a couple inquisitive people asking me about my hair - especially when I told them it was a weave.  Meh... I've had people ask to touch, see the parting, and brush my hair (yes brush)- I tell them ALL no you can see visually but putting your hands in my head is an extreme no-no.  You are better than me.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:21am
I'm dreading seeing her again today. I don't need HR up my but wondering why I'm slapping peopleOuch
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:33am
Just be honest,and tell her that you are offended..
OneLove1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneLove1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:37am
i honestly think its jealousy and envy. why else would she feel the need to let everyone know it's not your hair or it's a weave? its a way to be like, "yeah girl you look good, but HEY IT'S NOT YOURS, HEY YA'LL THIS AINT HER HAIR.  i feel they are backhanded compliments. take it in stride, she mad.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:30am
just like this, " calm down, calm down it's just hair...sheesh"
on the calm downs make the the words calm and down come out really slow
then walk awayLOL that envious wicked bish will DEFINITELY get the point!Wink
im a master @ cursing people out in english with phrases that mentally kick azzStar

Edited by Bonjour baby ooowee - Dec 09 2012 at 11:32am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:26pm
I guess this is the first time I've had something to be envious of and its not like I'm being extra fancy flipping it around and stuff. Maybe it was the high ponytail that set her off...
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:30pm
I don't tell people my hair is not real. I don't discuss my personal grooming. It is my hair on my head and like all parts of my body, people are not allowed to just touch me.

I really never get anyone questioning my hair. My girlfriend does. When someone started calling out her beautiful weave. I looked at that rude woman like she had three eyes and said,, " you know my friends hair grew like weeds after she stopped relaxing. Give that a try and your hair will grow." I was implying that she must be worried about her own bald head, to worry about my friends hair. The woman then asked what my friend uses on her hair. My friend said "Paul Mitchel".  We had a good chuckle that day.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic