Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care Archives > Hair Growth Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to grow longer hair from KeraCare Kera Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to grow longer hair from KeraCare Kera Care

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MYTRESSES View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to grow longer hair from KeraCare Kera Care
    Posted: Apr 13 2006 at 3:17pm

I found this on KeraCare website.

I want my hair to grow longer. How can I best accomplish this?

The method for growing out your hair is actually quite simple. The discipline required in achieving longer tresses, however, may be a bit challenging for some. Assuming that there is no medical condition or scalp injury, hair typically grows an average of one-half inch per month. The key to gaining longer length in the least amount of time is to maintain as much of the monthly half-inch as possible. This is accomplished by keeping hair strong and healthy. Chemical damage, (overprocessing of relaxer, perm and/or coloring treatments), mechanical damage, (improper combing, brushing and styling), heat damage, (too high and too frequent heat) and sun damage can all thwart your efforts. Damage, depending upon its severity will cause split ends, breakage and even shedding. While your hair may be growing just fine from the roots, breakage removes length from the ends. Breakage or shedding will also result in thinner-looking hair.

If you are committed to growing your hair longer, follow these steps:

Have all chemical services performed by a licensed professional. When you see someone with lengthy, healthy hair, ask her to refer you to her stylist.

• Use the KeraCare« Conditioning Hair Care System to cleanse, condition and style your hair. Moisture is a must when it comes to conditioning treatments. Deep condition and moisturize with KeraCare« Humecto«. Protection is an essential feature to look for when selecting blow-drying and thermal styling aids. KeraCare« Leave-In Conditioner and KeraCare« Silken Seal« are excellent choices.

• Go light on the heat. Use the lowest temperature that will enable you to achieve your styling goals when using dryers, curling irons and other thermal styling appliances. Avoid using heat altogether unless you've just shampooed and deep conditioned your hair.

• Minimize styling stress. Comb hair gently. Detangle with a wide-toothed comb. Don't pull hair severely when blow-drying. Do not gather hair too tightly with bands and clips. Never braid hair so tightly that you experience scalp discomfort.

• Have hair trimmed a scant 1/8 to 1/4 inch every 6 to 8 weeks. If your hair is relaxed, schedule trims on the day of your retouch. (Note that if your hair is damaged, the stylist may need to trim off more to get your hair back to a good, healthier starting point for growth.)

• When outside in intense sunlight, cover hair with a scarf or hat.

• Sleep at night on a satin pillow or cover your pillow with a silky scarf.

Sponsored Links

BrownNCute2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2006 at 9:00pm
your hair is pretty MyTressesThumbs Up.....
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2006 at 5:20pm
It's amazing, KeraCare has this on their website like they invented this regimen!  LOL  But I guess it is good info for those that don't know.
MYTRESSES View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2006 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by BrownNCute2 BrownNCute2 wrote:

your hair is pretty MyTressesThumbs Up.....

Thank you BrownNCute2. I love your hair too.Big smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply