Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
Poll Question: Do you have frizzy ends?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

How to get rid of frizzy ends

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lolu1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lolu1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get rid of frizzy ends
    Posted: Apr 23 2016 at 4:40am
Frizzy Ends
This has happened to every single piece I've bought.
So I've recently bought some I'm assuming Indian human hair wefts.

The hair quality in general is really good, you can really feel the difference from human hair and synthetic and there is no heavy tangling. But it didn't take 3 days for the strands to start getting slightly 2b/2c curly, coarse hard, brittle and for the ends to start frizzing up.

I later tried blow drying and hot thonging to see if heat would straighten it out. The top was fine although not really the look I was going for but the ends still had no luck.

I then bought a John Frieda Frizz Ease set (shampoo, conditioner, spray, serum). I won't say it didn't work completely, but I think for especially the serum which is basically silicone, the way it works is you straighten the hair with water then apply it while damp and seal it in with heat, which is great but doesn't seem to work for me since the hair doesn't go down at all when damp.

The spray I'm kind of confused by. It seems to have worked one time on one spot perfectly, then never again after that, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The shampoo seems to have no effect so far and just something to make the box "complete" but the conditioner really made a difference on a few spots but again like the spray it doesn't seem to work all the time or on all spots, like hit or miss. Still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have listed a picture below, does anyone have any advice on how to soften up the frizziness especially on the ends.

Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2016 at 1:06pm
The hair has been burned by sun exposure. You have to cut the ends off.  A bleach bath and a John Korea treatment will tide you over if you do not want to cut them b/c you want to preserve length for a specific hairstyle.

When I buy hair directly from India, I always order it a few inches longer than I normally would b/c I anticipate cutting off a few inches of the dry, frazzled & split ends.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 24 2016 at 1:08pm
Lolu1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lolu1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2016 at 9:34am
Thank you so much for your reply, I was worried that I would get none at all.

I live in London so there's not really a lot of sun here. I would say it got heat damaged by hair dryer or flat iron but I only used them in the first place to straighten  the frizz that started after 1 week.

I would cut them but I want a longer style and also 90% of the hair is like this from top to bottom, it just started and is worse from the ends, so I don't think it would make a difference either way.

Guess I've got some learning to do, like what is a bleach bath ;)

One quick question, does it have to be John Korea? I can only find it on one ebay shop in the US and the shipping is almost the same price as the product which is only 7ml.

BTW this is BSS hair and has happened to every single hair whether weft or wig that I have owned which has all been BSS hair. I do not know if buying from online vendors would be better

Edited by Lolu1234 - Apr 26 2016 at 11:04am
Lexy5028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lexy5028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2016 at 4:51pm
I tried this on my many of weaves and in my natural hair it has worked...so you can try it if you like.
The quantity of each product depends on the amount of hair for 3 bundles (ends) I use:

1 egg
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 tablespoons of honey

Mix contents completely and then apply to the ends of the hair or entire hair. If you want to use a steam cap leave on for no more than 10-15 minutes. However, for no heat I place the hair in a Ziploc bag and let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

This amount is enough only for the ends, but, if you choose to do the entire bundles you can adjust to your liking.  P.S. This may work for me and not for you but I have done it many times and it worked.  Good luck!
pinknikkij View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinknikkij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 4:44pm
I gotta try that
tina evans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2016 at 2:17am
will try that
barelyreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barelyreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 8:37am
Thanks. Triny these methods soon!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic