Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Idalis Idalis wrote:

If I use a sulfur/oils mix, do I have to wash it out the next day or so? Because I only wash my hair once a week.
How often are you supposed to apply it? daily? every other day? weekly? bi weekly? etc

I would love for my hair to grow an inch a month. I went to the bee mine website, but their shipping is $8, I want to try the sample size, but not for  $5.50 + $8 shipping

I was in Sallys the other day & I saw a growth serum. When I looked at the ingredients it was mostly oils. I don't recall if it had sulfur in it.
If you choose to use the sulfur use it 3 times a week, which pretty much comes to about every other day. You want to leave it on your scalp and hair in order for the product to work for you. Sulfur kills fungus and eliminates the issues that arise from fungus on your scalp one of which is slow growth. It can make your scalp healthier so your  follicles are free to thrive and grow in the best possible environment. If you use the MTG, it is not greasy unless you apply to much. Now my hair is natural I do not know it may weigh down relaxed hair. That is if you are relaxed. I can say the MTG gave me good results and many others. I have also heard good things about the bee mine, but i have never used their product. So usage for the MTG would be 3 times a week for 3 months, to see if you get any results. The large bottle you get is more than enough to last past 3 months. Shake bottle really good to mix up product, pour a 1/2 tablespoon unto a flat surface or bowl and immediately apply with your fingertips onto your scalp, apply fast so the sulfur doesn't settle back at the bottom of the product, if that happens just stir again with your finger. If you need more pour out more product, do not pour directly from MTG bottle because you will pour to much.... Wash your hair once a week.

Edited by Veemack - Oct 04 2012 at 11:16pm
Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 1:07am

Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

I did read the thread. I don't remember anyone saying that they left it in. And I only recall like 2 people saying the washed it out. Some people have mentioned what they add to it, but never said whether the leave it in or wash it out.
I don't want to leave something on my scalp, if it could potentially be dangerous.

Call me crazy, but if they're not washing it out, then maybe they're leaving it in? Wink

For the record, I specifically said I leave mine in.  2coreysluvum left hers in. Njoy was cowashing.
Really, you have to read the thread...

that makes sense. However, if people don't mention whether or not they wash it out or leave it in, but only mention what they put it in how would I (or anyone else for the matter), know what they do? 

I'm really not trying to be a smarty pants. In this thread, most of us were experimenting with combinations of how to grow an inch in a month, so there is no dead set answer to your question - only what each of the different people did, and what worked or didn't work for them  - which has no bearing on what will work for you. You'd have to do your own experiments and see what your hair responds to. 

Meanwhile, some of your answers begin on page 14 where some ladies explain their regimens in detail, and continue on through the rest of the thread. (Hence, the reason I said go back through the thread.) Others specifically posted that their full regimen is in their Fotki. Others talk only about what they use, generally with the understanding that they have a "wash day" - which typically means they leave it in. Cowashers usually say that they cowash. 

Since you specifically quoted people in your previous post who didn't answer the "in or out", try sending them a PM, or look them up on Fotki. 

Word of advice though, some people are allergic to sulfur, so if you have never used sulfur you should test a small patch of your scalp first.

HHG!

yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 8:12am
the fastest growth I ever got was last december. I length checked october 23, and then again december 12. I got 1 1/2 inches in 7 weeks! my normal growth rate is 1/2 inch every 5 weeks. I was doing the GHE method, doing some sulfur oil but wasn't consistent with it, and I'm not sure if this contributed, but I was trying zinc for the first time because I had a cold.

I completely stopped with everything though, because of school and my stylist underprocessed my hair which lead me to protein overload because of bad advice I recieved on how combat the underprocessed hair. my hair is just starting to recover, thank god. Dead 

I believe in health before growth, so I'll start back on experimenting with growth aids once my hair is back to normal.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2012 at 8:03pm
I got almost a full inch in one month.  I was working out 5 days a week, drinking lots of water and eating a $hitload of broccoli... I was eating broccoli like 3 times a day.  I also lost about 30 lbs doing this

Otherwise I am lucky to get 1/2 inch.  *sigh*
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 3:29pm
I got one and half inches almost two inches in 2 months by doing nothing at all except protecting my hair and slowing down on frequent heat.
Idalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 11:26pm
okay, I made my mix today & applied it, but some of the oils are dripping down my face. Is this normal?
I literally just washed my hair & applied it to my scalp.
I used, sulfur (2 tbsp), jojoba oil, almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, argan oil, and a few drops of lavender.

maybe the temp of my head is just really hot, because I had the same issue when I used molasses
Idalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 2:15pm
I wonder if I mixed or wrong or something. Because my mixture is starting to separate. I have to shake it before I use it.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 4:24pm

I wonder if I mixed or wrong or something. Because my mixture is starting to separate. I have to shake it before I use it.
If you made your own sulfur mix then yes you have to shake it up before each use. The sulfur does not dissolve in the oil.Even the ones you buy instruct you to shake it before each use.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 5:23pm
Ditto what Veemack said. Sulfur won't dissolve in the oil. In fact, you should let it sit a few days so that the sulfur gets into the oil. 

Beemine works great for me and my daughter's hair. I stopped using it because the shipping is overpriced and the cost doubled. 

MTG works GREAT...but it smells like liquid smoke and bacon. 

All of the oils you named (jojoba oil, almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, argan oil) are "thin" oils. Maybe you'd want to try something a little heavier like the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, shea butter, or grapeseed oil.  Have a little fun. Go to your local supermarket in the cooking oils section. Alot of those work great for hair!

Idalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 9:14pm
thanks!!

Am I supposed to have a flaky yellowish residue on my scalp?

I will definitely try jamaican black castor oil and/or shea butter.

Edited by Idalis - Oct 11 2012 at 9:15pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Blushing Bundles
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon