BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to get even skin for entire body??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
vhawkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vhawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:51am
I will start the milk bath Sunday for two weeks and hopefully I will see a difference in my skin tone....
Sponsored Links

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by vhawkins vhawkins wrote:

what does the lactic acid body lotion does?
it will make your skin peel so it will even your tone and make your skin soft also
vhawkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vhawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 1:07pm
How do I make that?
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:30pm
I would think buttermilk would work even more effectively since it has more lactic acid. (Or I think it does)LOL
esha wants hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esha wants hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 5:21pm
I live in the Caribbean and we have showers lol (don't judge us) can I just pour the milk on? Or should I use the yogurt as a paste. I'm wondering if i mix buttermilk and yogurt and paste it on how that will work. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

am usind a homemade lactic acid body lotion

how did you make it? or where did u buy it?
gigiglam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote gigiglam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 9:53am
I like the whole milk idea bc its not skin lightening, just brightening and removing the cells that make the skin appear dull, but it seems like a lot esp if u dont have a tub lol. Are there any soaps that work like the milk. I saw something about papaya and kojic acid soap, but kojic acid lightens skin by reducing the production of melanin. I dont want that for me, just something that helps with the hyperpigmentation and reveals new glowing skin. Any ideas for soap brands or recipes?
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:22pm
I'm having the same problem. I love my brown/dark skin and DO NOT want to lighten at all so finding anything over the counter is counterproductive because all of them have a lightening agent in them, like hydroquineiahughoa lol. I used to do the milk thing about two years and after awhile, my tub started to stink from the draining of the milk. It was horrid. Maybe because I didnt have good drainage. Ehh, w/e. It was too time consuming too. Having to sit in a bathtub. It felt like a chore LOL I like showers anyway.

I've been reading a blog by diaryofanegress. She's really pro-black, and thinks melanin is our God given right. IA with her. She makes all natural soaps at her home. She has a soap that she made out of tomatoes, and its said to give you an even skin tone. I think the Vitamin C in tomatoes is the thing that gives the even complexion. I remember way back when I read up on lightening products, tomato was listed. People use it as a face mask (kind of like when they put cucumbers on your eyelids). Anyways, it was only 5 bucks. All together $7-8 with shipping. So I bought one. I just ordered it a couple days ago. I will update here if I see any changes.

She also has an oatmeal, milk, and honey bar soap. Here's the link  http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanFireProducts - http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanFireProducts
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:26pm
Sorry, not 5 bucks. The tomato one is 7..and with shipping, about 9 or 10. Her other soaps are 5. My mistake
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 1:33pm
OH! And for the girls that are natural with their hair, She also has an all natural shampoo bar and hair yogurt to help grow hair w/o using chemicals, and a beeswax hair thingy (sorry don't know the proper name lol) for braids and locs. I ordered those too. I will update in the natural hair section if those work for me. I feel like I'm on major advertisement mode for her LOL but Supporting a black business is a great thing to do, and when I emailed her asking if the tomato soap was going to take away my melanin, she was SO sweet and humble. Mind you, if the products don't work for me, I will give you an honest review Thumbs Up
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic