FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedHow To Get Bouncy Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
clerole View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Get Bouncy Hair?
    Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 8:29pm

Hi there Ladies.  What product can I use to make my hair bouncy? I feel my hair won't move even when it's windy.  Thanks for answering.

I forgot to add:  I am not using any holding spray.
Sponsored Links

plastic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 8:30pm
holding spray or not ... too many products would make your hair too weighed down and it wont move a cm
bellesocialite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 8:34pm
From my experience, my hair is most 'bouncy' when I use as little products as possible. Meaning, nothing more than moisturizer and a sealant is on my hair. When you load up on products, your hair becomes weighed down and limp. HTH

Do you clarify? Probably your hair is weighed down from product build up which doesn't allow the hair to move?
LadySmiles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 8:58pm
The question should be what products NOT to use... too much of anything will weigh your hair down to make it flat and non-bouncy
BJ View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2007 at 9:34pm
Heavy Pomades/Grease
Oil Moisturizers
Creams
Heavy conditioners will weigh your hair down

What you can do to help attain the bounce:

Use light oils and spray Leave in conditioners to keep hair light and bouncy. Rollersets also help with the bouncy "look". Use light moisturizers which are water based and only use a small amount.
whatwhat12 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 1:55am
Use little products after washing
---A good thing to do, is to give your hair everything it needs in the washing process, so your hair isnt so deprived from not adding much after washing, and so you wont have as much need to add extra to your hair

A good thing to try would be
shampoo, deepcondition, porosity treatment ( makes the hair weightless, and helps hold in moisture to hair)
Then oil and dry, a great way to dry would be blowdrying on cold, this helps the hair to shine, and gets your hair more full, and light---and you get the same effects of blowdrying hot, without the damage ( just be very gentle with the blowdryer comb so you dont loose any hair)
Then use alittle heat protectant, and flatiron or try a silk wrap and you will have bouncy hair

NYCNeen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 2:19am
Originally posted by whatwhat12 whatwhat12 wrote:

Use little products after washing
---A good thing to do, is to give your hair everything it needs in the washing process, so your hair isnt so deprived from not adding much after washing, and so you wont have as much need to add extra to your hair

A good thing to try would be
shampoo, deepcondition, porosity treatment ( makes the hair weightless, and helps hold in moisture to hair)
Then oil and dry, a great way to dry would be blowdrying on cold, this helps the hair to shine, and gets your hair more full, and light---and you get the same effects of blowdrying hot, without the damage ( just be very gentle with the blowdryer comb so you dont loose any hair)
Then use alittle heat protectant, and flatiron or try a silk wrap and you will have bouncy hair

I agree.  I rollerset weekly and my hair is even sometimes TOO bouncy up to 3 days afterwards.  Try rollersetting your hair after your wash and condition it.  Sit under a dryer or let it airdry, then use a light moisturizer to dab onto your scalp as you remove the rollers.  It may seem a bit drier than you're used to, but wrap it and leave it for at least a couple of hours.  Once you unwrap it (with a large comb), it'll be more evenly moisturized and should give you the "bounce" you're seeking! Spray it with a lil' sheen and you're good to go. Wink Good luck!

Edited by NYCNeen - Jul 05 2007 at 2:20am
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 3:38am
i use infusium 23 for relaxed hair or glycerin with water after a wash my hair and dry it with a towel..then i put  that in my hair and rollerset it.
the next day when its dry i get the rollersets out and its bouncy..even when i rollerset my hair again i spray some glycerin and water and seal it with almond oil...my hair doesnt weigh down.
if you use indeed heavy cream you will way it down and it doesnt get bouncy ....or when your hair needs to get clarified. (use a shampoo)
clerole View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2007 at 8:29am

The infos were so helpful Wink.  Thanks you guys for sharing!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic