FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How To Get a SILKY PRESS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
DivaCrat09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaCrat09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2012 at 8:18am
Another thing that helps....I think someone already mentioned it though is to use the "comb and chase method".

Basically just use your heat protectant and serums before your blow-dry. And when you flat iron, take a section. Use one hand to control the flat iron and take a small comb in the other hand and follow in front of the flatiron. This will get it straight. In the video I don't use the comb and chase method but you can see my results. This flatiron has little teeth in it that separates my hair to get it smooth. Get one of those type of flat irons if that helps.

Sponsored Links

Avoniee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avoniee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2012 at 12:07am
if you can get your hands on  cold press argan oil you will be in business little goes a long way if not morrocan oil (product line) has a great cream leave in and a oil treatment that sgreat also
NotHappy2bNappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotHappy2bNappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2012 at 5:02pm
I've been using Phyto Defrizzant before I blow dry my hair and then Crome liquid shine when I flat iron for years now. My hair comes out silky and smooth every time. I love the shine the crome gives me. They're on the pricey side, (both are $30 for 8 oz), but I would pay $50, because it's THAT good on my hair.  Everyone asks me what salon I go to, and can't believe it when I tell them I do it myself.
missdezy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdezy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2012 at 7:38pm
^thank for that I'll have to check that out
Chanee007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chanee007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by vida vida wrote:

Ive found that the way to get a silky press is to use very little product, and no oils, and no products with water in it because my hair will revert...I use aphogee hair serum/protectant, I put it on before I blowdry, then I flat iron with my jilbere I dont add any additional product and my hair stays straight for weeks usually 2.

My stylist does this but I'm always scared that I'm going to burn my hair out if I do it. What's your  shampoo/conditioner regimen? How do you retain the moisture?

Edited by Chanee007 - Dec 05 2012 at 6:06pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:15pm
I used Crisco which is just soybean and palm oil for pressing my hair. I have an electric hot comb and a traditional stove top one. I used both and prefer my old skool one. Then, I f/u with my flatiron. Puncurl at night. Nice bouncy hair. The curls fall and I can brush them out for a nice sleek look.
KoolaidLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolaidLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 2:16am
I'm trying to get a silky press, but I keep failing.Unhappy Maybe someone has some advice?

When I use a flat iron, my hair ends up looking something like http://www.vissastudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fried-hair.jpg except a little straighter; I think the pic looks better than what my hair turns out like.

I use the Nano Titanium Babyliss Pro. I've tried a couple of different flat irons, including the CHI and the Nano is the best one so far. I've tried the different heats on the Nano and the hottest makes my hair the straightest. After I flat iron a section, I comb the section.

I use the following products:
Brazilian Keratin Therapy - Shampoo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration - Shampoo/Conditioner
Herbal Essense Long Term Relationship - Deep Conditioner
Coconut Oil - Deep Conditioner
Silken Child Leave-In Detangler
Phyto Hair Relaxing Balm
Crome LiquidCrome Hair Polish
Herbal Essences Split End Protector
Regis DesignLine Leave-In Conditioning Styler
Garnier Blow Dry Perfector
Mizani ThermaSmooth Smooth Guard
Garnier Flat Iron Perfector
Mizani ThermaSmooth Shine Extend

Sometimes I use all of this and sometimes I don't. Doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried blow drying and natural drying; no difference.

I must be doing something wrong. When I use to go to the salon, there wasn't a problem with straightening my hair.

Edited by KoolaidLove - Jan 11 2013 at 2:35am
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 3:11pm
@koolaid love it sounds like you're using too many products. All that crap and some of it probably has some water in it or just too much saturation in general to give you that fried but not flat look. less is more when pressing hair. don't apply any moisturizers or balms or this or that on your hair once it has been washed and conditioner or deep conditioned. just heat protectant serum.

try one of these, too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihZkofSoov8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolaidLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

@koolaid love it sounds like you're using too many products. All that crap and some of it probably has some water in it or just too much saturation in general to give you that fried but not flat look. less is more when pressing hair. don't apply any moisturizers or balms or this or that on your hair once it has been washed and conditioner or deep conditioned. just heat protectant serum.

try one of these, too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihZkofSoov8

Thanks for the advice. I will invest in the brush, plus a blow dryer with a comb. I didn't know about water in the products and won't use those next time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolaidLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 6:20am
I didn't get the results I was looking for, but there was a difference. I think with more practice I will get better.

I used:
Brazilian Keratin Therapy - Shampoo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration - Shampoo/Conditioner
Coconut Oil - Deep Conditioner
Mizani ThermaSmooth Smooth Guard

While I was flat ironing my hair my hair was frizzing and puffing, which was disappointing because when I started things where looking good. I did try the blow dry with comb tension method before flat ironing. That was a fail because the comb kept coming off. I did find a way to keep it on, so next time might be better.  I don't know if not doing the blow dry method correctly had any effect with the flat ironing.

I'm assuming I shouldn't use anti-frizz and other sprays with water in it? Anyone recommend any without water?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic