Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How To Get a SILKY PRESS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MrsSidandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsSidandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 10:41am
Thank you so much for your reply! I will look up African threading on you tube. I've only blown her hair out once and flat ironed it but I didn't have the Mizani back then so it was a waste of time. Using all that heat on her hair worried me too. I started putting coconut oil on her hair after I wash it about a month ago. It makes it really soft, but is it safe to flat iron it if it's got coconut oil on it?
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 4:14pm
There is also the roller setting method.

If you have magnetic rollers and a hair dryer, you can do a wet roller set on her hair after it's been washed and have her sit under the dryer for about an hour give or take. Don't be like me, after she sat under the dryer on the warm setting, allow it to cool off under the cool setting for about 15 minutes. It's not a big deal but does give the best results.

After you've removed the rollers each curl is a section you can flat iron on.You can easily divide a section into a smaller one if you notice it is too wide(2 inches is a good width to achieve good results on I think.). Try a pass with the lowest setting of your flat iron first, only increase heat if you notice it isn't doing anything, that way you can limit the amount of heat on her hair.

The comb and chase method, passing the comb through while the flatiron follows is a good way to make sure that the strands are treated equally and will provide the hair with movement it may lack when not done that way. It basically provides the best results in my opinion.

I personally would not advise flat ironing with an oil, you could use it as a finishing touch though. There are people that do flat iron with it, but it's not a chance I am willing to take.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 6:29pm
Grape seed oil can also help with getting a smoother look without adding extra heat.
I thought I had to wait till next time to get it right, but the grape seed oil gave my hair what I felt it was missing.
Edited as I forgot to add:
I did not flat iron with it so I can't speak on that, but it gave me good results when I added it after I unwrapped my hair.

Without grapeseed oil

With grapeseed oil two days later(no heat)

Edited by Ritle - Jun 18 2013 at 9:50am
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 10:21pm
I heard that about grapeseed oil too but for some reason when I tried it, it kept my hair from getting very straight. It kept reverting and not even flattening and sort of had an artificial dull/stale greasy shine to it. It looked very shabby. I have no idea why.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 6:37am
Owh, I don't know why either, only guess can be that though it's a light oil it might have been too heavy for your hair.
Or you used more than your hair needed, which is something you can only find out by trial and error.
But to your hair reverting just by putting the oil on your straightened hair, I have no answer.

I've heard that it's also suitable for flat-ironing itself but I don't want to take chances with any oil.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 9:10am
I flat ironed with it, as suggested by most naturals. Not added it after. I don't think it was useful for my texture. I probably used a nickel size amount for my whole head.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 9:44am
Owwwhhh that changes things, yea probably, especially if that small amount made that much of a difference.

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 1:20pm
Try Irontastic from the 4Naturals product line. It's an aerosol spray so it's not heavy and doesn't weigh the hair down. It protects hair from temps up to 450 degrees and humidity. I use it and LOVE it. It's better than any silk protectant. And it smells like cake Heart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic