Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How To Get a SILKY PRESS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 11:30am
i use shine brand silk n sleek. I do small sections at a time being sure it's nice and cool where I'm pressing my hair because I tend to sweat when I press. It has to be completely water free or it will revert immediately. Any reason you shampooed twice? Both of those have sulfates so that might be contributing to frizz, too, from dryness/stripping.

it typically gives me these results. After blowing it out.
Sponsored Links

KoolaidLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolaidLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:20am
I shampooed twice because I was following a YouTube video.

Do you use silk n sleek before you blow dry or after?

Well my results today are the results I got when I first started this journey after I got the Titanium flat iron. My hair is puffy straight. Only difference between now and before is that when I flat iron the first small section I knew the end results.

Today I used:
Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash
Hair Repair Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner
Smooth 'N Shine Polishing - Silk 'N Sleek

When I first started:
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner
Phyto Hair Relaxing Balm
Crome LiquidCrome Hair Polish
Mizani ThermaSmooth Smooth Guard

It's been a couple of years since I've been to a salon. I'm going to go to the one I used to go to and pay attention to what they do. If the results turn out like they used to then I will try to duplicate it. Not sure what they used then, but today they use Mizani products and my sister's hair turns out nice after going there.

Edited by KoolaidLove - Feb 10 2013 at 6:23am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 11:04am
before i blow dry. u want your hair protected from that high heat, too.

i used the nubiam heritage keratin heat protect duo serum and spray. the spray i put on before i blew it out and the oil i put on  before i flat ironed. my results were good.
rhondap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhondap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 7:48am
@momentoindigo did you obtain that after flat ironing or pressing? I would love for my hair to be that sleek and straight as well as my dd's. Yours is gorgeous!

I have both a flat iron and electric straightening comb. What products do you use?

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 11:32am
Thank you. I use a flat iron. A $35 babyliss pro one inch. 

I use nubian heritage blackseed and honey keratin spray and keratin serum.

Leading up to any of my presses (I only press like 3 times a year) I will protein treat and deep conditioner often. Protein once every 2-3 weeks and deep conditioner 1-2 twice a week with heat, shower cap in the sauna at the gym or an electric heating cap. just to make sure my hair is strong and maintaining good moisture. 

The only thing I put on it while it's pressed to tame it and keep it smooth is whipped shea butter which i make myself with macadamia nut oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, vitamin e, jamaican black castor oil and regular castor oil, and glycerin. 

I don't wrap the traditional way at night either. I put my hair into two two strand twists and then pin curl them and pin them on my head. then put on a satin cap. So my hair will typically be straight with loose waves, which I like better than the bone straight personally.

This is day 16 hair of my most recent press. i have touched up ZERO times since the day i pressed. The bottom right is my hair blown out before pressing. 

Jason1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 5:54pm
Why does it have to be about the ladies advice, Us men hairstylist know a thing or 100 about hair care . 1st off if you don't mind my advise after me being silly. How do you start your process? Cause shampoo and Conditioners play a big part in hair performance, managability and shine and control. afterwards what products are you using? is your hair course, fine, curly. these things you need to know before using quote unquote black haircare products. Shoot me a kite and maybe I can help. jason for the love of hair.
CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 9:01pm
indigo, u always have beautiful hair!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 11:59am
awww thanks!
MrsSidandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsSidandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 11:53am
I understand that not using a lot of product would leave the hair lighter with more bounce but if I don't use something heavy my daughter's hair reverts in a matter of hours. I use Mizani silkening and curling wax and it's the only thing I've found that semi works. Her hair is heavy and doesn't have any bounce but at least it's straight. Her natural hair is very fine but thick with super tight kinky curls. I just don't understand how others are able to use barely anything and their hair stays bone straight and my daughter's hair won't. Even using the Mizani I have to put her hair in braids or twists when she's at school or it just looks like a big straight poof when I pick her up from school. I wash it and condition it and put in a leave in conditioner and let it air dry in loose twists before flat ironing it. It looks great for a few hours then POOF. I've started considering relaxing it which I swore I'd never do just to see if that would help. But if anyone could give me some magic to do I'd really appreciate it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2013 at 12:10pm
tried something new the other day that may work better for you. press her hair when its stretched, not in its natural straight. like when its blown out or combed out, put it in big braids or twists, keep them that way for a day. and the next day press it. so the hair is already smoothed and somewhat straight.

also... try youtubing african threading. theres no way u can't get a silky press on hair that's been stretched by african threading, doing that alone makes hair very straight in itself.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic