Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to do this exact hairstyle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 10:39am
Looks like she has some clip-ins just in the back area and then brushed her own hair over
Sponsored Links

mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by MrsBishop MrsBishop wrote:

I'm probably completely off but I initially thought her own her is brushed back and that is a "pony tail." I didn't seem like a sew in to me.  

It very well could be now that I'm looking closer at it...
directioner :) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote directioner :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:03pm
Thank you so much everyone! I don't think it's her own hair. She always wears weaves/extensions and I've seen her real hair it's short

I was thinking maybe she's wearing a curly half wig and like someone said pinned it back but I'm wondering how as her hair is front is clearly hers and gelled - slicked back and if she was wearing a curly half wig the wig would completely cover the front of her head you wouldn't be able to see we gelled real hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote directioner :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:30pm
Here's a video where you can see the hair more closely:
[youtube]WNW8wJG-mUc[/youtube]

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote directioner :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:08am
The salon I went to on the weekend had no idea what hair they sold would be used to create the same hairstyle. I really really really want to do this hairstyle so does anyone know what some type of half wig or hair I could use to create this style?

Also I tried clip ins it didn't look anything like the style.

Please help!
miss america View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss america Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:44am
This hairstyle isn't hard to do at all. Buy some straight hair. Have someone do the braid pattern ponytail method or just leave enough out in the front where you could pull the front up. Curl the hair. Pull it up in the front and put some clips on it or whatever you want to use to hold that part together and there you go.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss america Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:45am
Do you wear weaves often?
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 5:22pm
what the hell kind of Salon? That hair is so basic, why wouldn't they have any idea.

You could just order virgin hair straight or wavy ( around 18-22 inches). You would obiviously have to curl the hair to get that look. You can try and find someone who knows how to make wigs, like people in your area that advertise they can make u part wigs, see if they can create a half wig for you with clips, or a comb. Then you just style after you get that. If you want beauty supply hair I would recommend Bobbi Boss indi remi.

Or they could just do a sew in and leave out enough of your hair to flip back like that.
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 9:03pm
My sis in law does this style all the time with a wavy half wig. Just go to your local bss and buy the wig that looks similar to this hair. Plop it on you head with the perimeter of your hair left out of course. Gel and brush your hair and gather some of the wig as well into a loose ponytail or you can just pin back. It's actually pretty simple.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss america Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 8:04am
^^^^....yep. Very simple.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair