Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Setting Lotions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to do the Perfect Wrap!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Cherie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to do the Perfect Wrap!!!!
    Posted: Apr 24 2007 at 9:18pm

Hey, How is everyone doing tonite?.. I'm ok, guess. But i need some advice on how to wrap your hair in the perfect wrap..quick dry, and what type of styling foam you recommend. i have, use good conditioner and shampoo, so i must be going wrong in how i'm usin' the settin' lotion. How do you keep your hair soft..in order to wrap. I believe i add too many products to my hair..and results in makin' ir hard, tangled, and difficult to wrap!Star

Sponsored Links

BabyV View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 6:35pm
sorry i cant help cus im really bad at wrapping my hair and i never bother cus i can never get it right.

what i do is i get a satin/silk bonet and were that to bed, i usually have my hair in a pony tail underneath, so by the time i wake up my hair is still straight.

u could try that or just google: how to wrap hair

Studio 22 Chic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2007 at 10:34am
I may be somewhat biased because I use it everyday, but Design Essentials Composition foam wrap is the best! You can get it from your stylist or any salon that's authorized to sell Design Essentials.
Nazari View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 12:17pm

postamble(); I love wraps.. Altho I'm more in  love with natural hair. Ok so, I dont have a perm, haven't had one since I was about 9 which was 10+ yrs ago. So when I used to get my hair hot combed I would always wear a wrap. And my wraps were always fresh, light, long and perfect, to me at least. Since I didn't have a perm I couldn't use many setting lotions and foams because if I did my hair would kink up. After years of wrapping, y hair got used to it and it was nothing to wrap it. My hair would automatically form around my head. I rarely used anything to help wrap it. I think the key it is the do it every night, to train your hair. That way you hair will get used to being in a wrap. IMO I think a simple moisturizer or light grease/cream is sufficient for wrapping. NOTE; I used only Dudley's hair care products.. Since I couldnítí used anything wet/foamy or water/alcohol based in my hair without me having a permÖ Iíd just wrap it with a brush dab Dudley Vitamin E grease on my hand and rub it on my hair in the direction of my wrap..

I donít know if this helped.. Being that I never had to use a setting lotion.. I had been wrapping me hair for years and would wear it in a wrap everyday so there was need for me to use a setting lotion or anything.. Also, depending on the length of your hair you may have t use pins. I had to use them at first, after awhile it wasnít necessary..

kiakia101 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2007 at 11:43pm
i really wouldnt recomend doing a wrap everyday b/c it may cause split ends and can cause stress on your hair lines and edges! When I wrap i usually put like (sounds crazy) but like 3 wig caps on my head to keep it in place.. cuz i sleep BAD! But remember --** if the way your hair remains wet thats how its gonna look dry..at least almost.

HTH
Ayedeeosmeeo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2007 at 4:36pm
Kiakia, you say that excessive wrapping can cause breakage and split ends. I've been wrapping for years. And, admittedly, I have experienced breakage, but I never attributed it to wrapping. In your opinion, what's the better alternative? I'm totally clueless.
qtpi599 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2007 at 4:53pm
When I wrap my hair, I normally pre-poo (ORS Replenishing Pak or Shea Butter Cholesterol), shampoo (CON), deep condition (CON), wrap lotion (BB), blow dry (ION Blowdryer), flat iron (jiberie titanium), heat protectant (paul mitchell super skinny serum), ORS Olive Oil Sheen.  My hair looks like I just stepped right out the salon when I do this.  I've not been about to master wrapping my hair wet.
vanity1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2007 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by qtpi599 qtpi599 wrote:

When I wrap my hair, I normally pre-poo (ORS Replenishing Pak or Shea Butter Cholesterol), shampoo (CON), deep condition (CON), wrap lotion (BB), blow dry (ION Blowdryer), flat iron (jiberie titanium), heat protectant (paul mitchell super skinny serum), ORS Olive Oil Sheen.  My hair looks like I just stepped right out the salon when I do this.  I've not been about to master wrapping my hair wet.

This is what I use also.. my sister actually thought I got my hair done every week!!!
cudda4love View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Cherie Cherie wrote:

Hey, How is everyone doing tonite?.. I'm ok, guess. But i need some advice on how to wrap your hair in the perfect wrap..quick dry, and what type of styling foam you recommend. i have, use good conditioner and shampoo, so i must be going wrong in how i'm usin' the settin' lotion. How do you keep your hair soft..in order to wrap. I believe i add too many products to my hair..and results in makin' ir hard, tangled, and difficult to wrap!Star

When wrapping your hair wet, its best to have your hair almost dripping wet with product. Just use a good foam like Elasta Qp Setting Foam or Lottabody Setting Lotion (diluted) and part straight across the top of your head then comb the hair down. Using a large toothed comb, start directing your hair into the wrap formation and when you get all the hair completly wrapped use a brush to make sure there are no bumps and lumps. That should help for the most part. Oh and sit under the dryer for at least 1 hour.
Shushawnna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 4:25pm
I suggest you make sure you are using a wrapping lotion, and not a setting lotion.  There is a difference. Wrapping lotions will smooth the cuticle and make combing easier,and the result will me a smoother style. A good one is Elasta QP Silk, or Vitale wrapping lotion.   Completly saturate, and then section the hair in four sections, from ear to ear and then from middle of forehead down the back.  Have at least four big clips on hand.  Start with the first section which is the back right section comb it in a down and around motion towards the back left section.  make sure you go down and around.  If you comb just around you will get a bunch-up at the top.  Clip that section to hold the hair.  Then comb the back left section down and around including the hair that is clipped from the first section you wrapped toward the front left section.  Clip that hair in place. then proceed to the two front sections, making sure to go down and around.  then pin in place.  when all sections are smoothly wrapped and pinned, secure with scarf and slide the pins out.
Hope this helps.  Dry for at least an hour.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic