Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to deal with a negative family member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:41am
OP, I just read your other thread (after having read this one). I knew you were doing somethig great with your life. IGNORE that family member. You are on a fast track to doing great things with your education and career. Focus on the GOOD YOU, and not on whatever may have happened (and being so frequently rehashed to you) in the past. You have grown up and moved on.

Good luck in your PhD program!
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:03am
[QUOTE=Lady ICE]
i drop them, just like anyone else. i want a stress/drama free life and anyone messin that up for me is history. you can forgive but you dont have to talk to'em. i just get gone with the quickness.

well thats what i do anyways

[/QUOTE

yes. i dont have a problem cutting toxic people out of my life. i refuse to be around that type of atmosphere if i can help it.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

OP, I just read your other thread (after having read this one). I knew you were doing somethig great with your life. IGNORE that family member. You are on a fast track to doing great things with your education and career. Focus on the GOOD YOU, and not on whatever may have happened (and being so frequently rehashed to you) in the past. You have grown up and moved on.

Good luck in your PhD program!

i agree. 

OP if you can, distance yourself from toxic ppl 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:28am
so this person has you living in a house of horror and your putting money over your emotional well being?  youre situation will change when you do, when youve decided youve had enough.  you cant really sit around waiting for someone to respect you and its certainly nothing you ask for.  respect is something that should be demanded, it requires action, and a love of self, something you may not be ready for. 
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:32am
OP, you are focused on the wrong point.  Yes, she is negative, but you are allowing it to affect your life.  You will always find plenty of negative people.  Nothing you can do about that, but you need to harden up some and never allow someone to get the best of you.  Never volunteer to be someone's doormat.Hug
Ladydlite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladydlite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:16pm
I do not own the home. It's my parents' house and yes, I am leaving as soon as I have saved up enough money. I've just started one job and I am about to interview for another. I am doing the best that I can.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:29pm
Which one of your parents is it? Why aren't they paying whoever's schooling costs?

I don't need those questions answered to tell you though, it's too damn many
grown folks in that house. You need to move out, and soon.

Get a roommate if you have to. Keep your past / present business to yourself.  
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Ladydlite Ladydlite wrote:

I do not own the home. It's my parents' house and yes, I am leaving as soon as I have saved up enough money. I've just started one job and I am about to interview for another. I am doing the best that I can.

Good. Keep your head up and work toward your goals - stay away from her as much as possible. Do not come into conflict with her or get into any sort of confrontation.

When your money is right - rent a place, get it set up and then pack your stuff and get the heck out of there. Don't look back.

Go on with your life.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:12am
im just waiting for this person to read the op's post, make an account and turn this thread messy

Edited by bunzaveli - Dec 04 2012 at 7:13am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123