Mynx Hair

Author
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Cover Dark Spots w/Makeup
    Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 8:15am
Hello Sisters -
I learned a makeup technique from You Tube and it has greatly helped me cover my dark spots.  First off, let me quickly explain my skin situation...
This may not apply to many on here but I hope it helps at least ONE PERSON.

I have acne and it is now under control through prescription medication which I will list if requested.  After acne clears up many of us are left with dark spots on your face.  I have suffered from acne for years and originally attempted to use over the counter medications.  WHich for some more severe cases you need a presecription which was my case.  My cheeks are the problem area where I have dark spots.

So let me get to the point....technique to apply makeup - STIPPLING....The link is below and it works 1000% for makeup.  My spots are covered completely.  I stipple on my concealor, MUFU Mate Foundation and MAC powder and it looks so good.  Also you need to use a stipple brush and NO ....it does not have to be MAC.  I will attach the link of where I purchased mine at.

Here is the link....

Part TWO on Stippling -
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 8:23am
Where to purchase stippling brushes....I ordered mine from coastalscents.com...the shipping was real cheap like 1.25 and it arrived in 2-3 days via regular mail.  Many have a loyalty to MAC but I had a lady at sephora tell me that these brushes are just as good and made in the same factory overseas so I tried it and I am very pleased.  I can get 5 brushes for the price of 1 MAC brush.

Here is the link -

I also used this brush -

kittensother View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 8:28am
Meh, I just brought two stippling brushes last night, a sonia kushak ( sp) and a Studio tools, I guess they have to grow on me. I dont know. Thanks for the helpful information sunshine.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 8:29am
Where to purchase real SMALL stippling brush for smaller areas above eyebrows etc.  I also use this small stippling brush for my concealor.  I use the MAC NC45 little pot of concealor and I tap the brush in the concealor and stipple it on my face.  It works and you get a thin layer and it is a GOD SENT for people in my situation...I purchased 2 for 11.00

Here is link to purchase small stipple brush

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 8:32am
Hey Ladies...I'm have to VENTURE to TARGEYYY and check out here brushes as well... thanks for the tip
Blue Suede View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Hey Ladies...I'm have to VENTURE to TARGEYYY and check out here brushes as well... thanks for the tip

I think the company is called Studio tools. Its a smaller stippler for $6.99
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 10:57am
As a sidenote....even in the daytime at work....say I am putting on the MAC Blot Powder for shine....I use my small Kabuki brush and stipple it on my face....

The stipple process works so well because....when you apply makeup in a normal fashion with the flat brush or sponge....if you have spots...you cover with concealor...is looks okay...then you try to put on the powder....and dang...you can see the spots again...cause of the rubbing in of the product or swirling method.

I could never get the coverage...no matter what....

By stippling you get the micro application and it is never rubbed or moved...so I stipple on my blot powder as well and my face is the BOMB....now this is considering my circumstance...I am so happy with learnig the ability to cover my spots so the WORLD does not see them right away.

And yes, it lasts all day until I get home...I use the MAC Prep & Prime first...put that on like a normal person, rub on the skin....let it sit for about 5 minutes...then I start the stipple process.

Stipple concealor

Stipple foundation - I pour on a little container, tap the brush up and down and ...you see this in the video

Wait about 5 mintues...Stipple on powder...BAM....DONE...do eyes and BEAUTY is a WALKING out the door.

This may seem dramatic to you...but if you don't have skin issues you don't know the JOY.... people like me FEEL to be "normal" with no spots showing on ones face. 
Niemah81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 12:01pm

Use concealer, for extreme discoloration, use skin correctors. Bobbi Brown and Mac have really good ones, I use them to cover my tatoos.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic