FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to clean metallic flooring tiles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to clean metallic flooring tiles
    Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:26am
When I redid my kitchen, I used what should be metallic flooring tiles on my kitchen walls. Now I'm having a hard time cleaning it. When I use soap, it sinks into the tiny holes and streaks. It's starting to look bad. How do I clean this thing?

The closest pic I could find is this below. However mine has tiny holes on the surface.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:28am

Nvm. Need suggestions

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 30 2013 at 6:29am
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:29am
Are the tiles used as a back splash like behind the stove/kitchen sink or is it on an entire wall?   Use stainless steel cleaner.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:30am
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Are the tiles used as a back splash like behind the stove/kitchen sink or is it on an entire wall?   Use stainless steel cleaner.  

I used it on the entire wall in my kitchen. It looks great but my problem is the tiny holes in it. I couldn't find an exact pic but everything I use sinks into those tiny holes. Will stainless steel cleaner remove the soap residue I put in trying to clean it?

Edit: Actually, you could say it's more back splash. It's behind the stove as well but also on top of sink and a portion of the wall

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 30 2013 at 6:33am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:38am
Anyway, I'll go buy some later. I woke up early to do some cleaning and I ran out of stainless steel cleaner. I don't know why I never thought to use it on the tiles...
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:38am
It should remove the residue if you clean with a smooth cloth like an old tshirt. It may not be as effective if it's really built up and you have calcium deposits.  I'd say it would really mask the residue and give the tile a nice shiny finish.  If you have calcium buildup you could use a very very very mild cleaner like limeaway; you have to be very careful with that stuff though because it could ruin the metal.  I think you can get away with just the stainless steel cleaner.  

We have extra hard water here in Texas so I'm constantly with cleaning my sinks and faucets with stainless steel cleaner.  Hope that works.

If you use limeaway PLEASE be careful.  
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:40am
Try lemon juice and vinegar to remove the soap stains. For future cleaning just use water on a damp cloth. Don't get it too wet or it'll get in those holes again.  Since it is metal it shouldn't need to harsh cleaning.

ETA: don't air dry

Edited by Prazol60 - Jul 30 2013 at 6:42am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:43am
Thanks for the advice, FC! I do think I have calcium buildup at this point, though but I'm scared of ruining the metal. That would mess up the entire look. I guess I'll go to the hardware store and ask if there's anything safer.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Try lemon juice and vinegar to remove the soap stains. For future cleaning just use water on a damp cloth. Don't get it too wet or it'll get in those holes again.  Since it is metal it shouldn't need to harsh cleaning.

ETA: don't air dry

Oh, that's a good idea! I have some vinegar, so I'll start with that and finish up with the stainless steel cleaner.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 6:59am
i thought i ruined my metal backsplash last week while cleaning because it turned smokey but a few hours later it turned back.

in otherwords i cant help cuz im experimenting myselfLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic