Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to choose density?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:06am
I have to say this again so feel free to ignore this .. but - most regular people have low density hair. Confused They just do. Go to the mall and sit and watch people for a few hours every day.

Yes, Maria and Oprah have naturally thick hair - but they are the exceptions and the way they wear their hair makes it clear that .. that is their own hair. Clap

Yes, a lot of people want the same thick hair .. but honestly .. the way you style the hair (given the obvious contraints of wearing a unit) will not make your unit looks very believeable if it is 100% plus density.

I order 80% density (low density) and even then I have to sit down and thin out  the sides and whatnot. I think if you are going for a realistic look .. you have to have a realistic density. www.hairdirect.com just did a video on densities and I could tell they get kind of tired of people wanting the thick densities .. when .. they don´t look realistic.

If you want 100% density .. fine .. do what you like (it is your hair) .. just be aware that the density might become a big red flag.

Edited by Becky - Jan 17 2013 at 7:14am
Sponsored Links

Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 9:29am
I have to agree with Becky. Higher density wigs look just that....like a WIG. You can have full hair without being over the top. Better to a lighter density at the hairline and have them gradually progress to a fuller density. PLEASE don't get 100-120% density at the front of your unit...it's gonna look fake. Maybe do 70% at the hairline and gradually progress to 120% throughout. With a texture like Indian straight it's easier to get away with something like that. Maybe send the vendor a pic (Kim K seems like a good example of what you want) and have them duplicate. 
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:12pm
Well, I used to have naturally thick hair (fine, but a lot of it) til I fracked it up with tight weaves.  I say go with whatever looks "realistic"on "you."  Under no circumstances do you want a wiggy looking unit, especially at the hairline.
furrfurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furrfurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 3:25pm
Thank you everyone for your comments! They are very helpful, really they are. I'm so glad that you ladies are here! I will look at the site and see if I can find a density chart. And your right, Kim K look is more of what fits me naturally. What do you think her density is? 70 in the front, then gradual to 120 ish? Thanks again! Jen
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic