Question: How do I put my wig on?
1) Give the wig a gentle shake.
2) Identify the front and the back of the wig. The label always goes in the back. Note the Velcro tabs for sizing. Leave the tabs as is at first. You can adjust them later if necessary.
3) Place the wig on a flat surface so you are looking inside the wig. Make sure the label is at the (the label is at the back of the wig). Grasp the wig at the (back), with your hands placed on each side of the label.
4) Slip the wig over the head starting at the hairline and then towards the neck. The front of the wig should lie on the front hairline.
5) The wig should feel secure, but not too tight. If needed, you can adjust the size with the Velcro tabs inside the wig.
Question: How often should I wash my wig?
Answer: The frequency of washing depends on factors such as air quality and humidity. Generally, a wig should be washed after it has been worn 8 – 12 times, but this can vary.
Question: How do I wash my wig?
1) Gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush.
2) Add one tablespoon of wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold water.
3) Immerse wig for one minute and agitate gently. Do not rub.
4) Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
5) Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
6) Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
7) Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel. Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
8) Do not use a hair dryer. Air dry only. You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
9) Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
Question: How do I style my wig?
Answer: Your wig can be styled by using a wig brush, a wig comb, or your fingertips. Avoid using a brush designed for human hair. These brushes can create excessive tension, over-stretching the hair with abrasive strokes that may damage the hair.
The wigs we carry are shake & wear and can be styled by simply using a wide tooth comb or your fingertips. The best styling tool is the most inexpensive; a spray bottle of clean, cool water. Lightly spritz your wig with water to remove static electricity and return your wig to its original look.
To achieve style variations, liquid wig mousse is an essential styling tool. For curly or wavy styles, just mousse, hand scrunch, and pick the style into curls. On straight styles, mousse and brush lightly.
Your wig was designed with a basic style but the variations you can achieve through styling are limitless. Added height can be achieved by gently lifting with the wig comb. If you want added fullness as well, tease or back-comb and then smooth the surface hair over the teasing. Your wig can be returned to its basic style by washing it and allowing it to air dry.
To completely restyle, we recommend taking your wig to a professional stylist.
Question: Can I cut my wig?
Answer: Yes! Your wig comes pre-styled with a basic style, but we encourage our clients to have their wigs customized by a professional hair stylist. This is a great way to make the wig uniquely your own. Often, a little trim on the bangs and a little thinning here or there can make all the difference in the world. The wig should be cut while you are wearing it. Everyone has a different face shape, a different forehead length, and different style preferences. Seek out the assistance of experienced professional, and only allow the wig to be cut while it is on your head.
Question: What should I avoid?
1) Do not expose your wig to heat in excess of 160°. (Like opening an oven door, standing near a barbecue grill, etc.) This will damage the wig fibers. Any type of heat will cause wig fibers to frizz (lamps, ovens/stoves, heat from body).
2) Do not brush your wig when wet.
3) Do not use any form of curling irons, hot rollers or blow dryers. Again, heat will ruin the wig.
4) Do not use products designed for regular human hair. Only use wig shampoo, wig conditioner, wig hair spray, wig mousse, and brushes or combs made especially for wigs. We sell these wig care products at a discounted price or they can also be purchased from any wig store.
5) Do not use bleaches, colors, or rinses on your wig.
6) We do not recommend wearing your wig in a swimming pool.
Question: Do you have any final tips?
Answer: 1) Use products specifically designed for wigs. These products are created specifically for synthetic hair. They will keep the wig looking natural by not stripping away the color or the natural sheen. The use of these products will help the wig to last longer.
2) Keep your wig stored on a wig stand or other "makeshift" item (such as a can of hairspray). This will help it hold its style and shape.
3) Enjoy your wig and have fun wearing it!