Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How to bring weave back to "life"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ebarnes20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebarnes20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to bring weave back to "life"?
    Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 7:25pm
I originally had a full sew-in but I hated it so I changed it to leave out my hair on the top. The hair I purchased is BSS hair called Onyx Body Wave and I've only had it in for about 3 days now and it tangles and frizzes up like crazy!!!! I wrap the hair every night and I just straightened it so I don't understand why is it matted already. I leave for college soon and do not have enough time to purchase new hair and get it redone once again, so if you have ANY advice on how to revive this hair until I can get it re-done PLEASE comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 12:11am
Have you tried deep conditioning (w/ silicon mix since it's BSS hair)? Other than that, the only thing I can think of is giving it a bleach bath - the hair would need to be uninstalled.
GA_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 11:02am
try acv bath, if that doesnt work then its a wrap
vintageglamchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vintageglamchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by GA_Diva GA_Diva wrote:

try acv bath, if that doesnt work then its a wrap

^This^
Miss Carmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Carmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 8:46pm

^^^

AGREED!!!!
ebarnes20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebarnes20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 4:46am
What does acv stand for? And what does the bath do for the hair?
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 7:03am
acv is apple cider vinegar. the baths help close up (or seal) the cuticles in order to minimize tangling.
ebarnes20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebarnes20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2012 at 1:51am
Oh okay. Do I have to uninstall the hair to do the bath or do I soak my hair in acv?

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2012 at 2:16am
Nah, just dilute it with some water to avoid dmg. A lot of naturals use acv as a final rinse after washing. I also do it every few wks with my hair. I just use a cheap plastic cup from burger king and pour in a ratio of 1:4 (acv:water) and pour the mixture over all of my hair. It does have a smell but it usually disappears before I make it to my towel. 
ebarnes20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebarnes20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2012 at 12:09am
Okay. Thank you!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style